CBB2024032501.jpg
CBB2024032503.jpg
Now that is a fat CBB!

blazn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting! I sure hope you end up with a healthy specimen that heartily eats the food you have prepared for it! I wish you much luck & success!!

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much more active swimming today! Tried some frozen mysis and masstick as soon as I woke up. Not eating yet. On a side note, I also purchased a diamond spot goby the went into an acclimation box in my display. Box lid had previously broken off. But I have a screen top, well the goby said I don’t need this stupid box and jumped the side and was bossing the big fish around in the display!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider let the mysis flow around in the current and consider put a dither fish in with him. This is a non agressive fish that is feeding well. This does two things.
1. Get him excited when he see the other fish feeding
2. Keep the QT from having left over food.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I placed 2/3 cube frozen in the feeder and thawed the other 1/3 and added to tank to flow around. I’m letting the cube sit in the feeder for an hour or so and then taking the uneaten food to my display that the inhabitants are more than happy to take down for me.

chthao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it took me a long time to buy a cbb, but i took the plunge when my lfs had them on sale for $50. it took my cbb a month to eat frozen. it didnt take to black worms or frozen blood worms. i fed a lot of mysis just so it could see others eat and pick at left overs. I do not turn my flow off or down when i feed and tried to keep everything the same so the cbb could get used to feeding time. granted my tank was over a year old and pretty established, i could see the cbb picking at rocks, so whatever it was picking at during the 4 weeks or so of acclimating to my feeding/ feed it must have helped it a bit. now it eats perfectly fine with my yellow tang, a couple anthias, and kole tang.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it took me a long time to buy a cbb, but i took the plunge when my lfs had them on sale for $50. it took my cbb a month to eat frozen. it didnt take to black worms or frozen blood worms. i fed a lot of mysis just so it could see others eat and pick at left overs. I do not turn my flow off or down when i feed and tried to keep everything the same so the cbb could get used to feeding time. granted my tank was over a year old and pretty established, i could see the cbb picking at rocks, so whatever it was picking at during the 4 weeks or so of acclimating to my feeding/ feed it must have helped it a bit. now it eats perfectly fine with my yellow tang, a couple anthias, and kole tang.
This has also been a plunge that took me a long time to come to. My display is over a year. I’m going to keep trying with the CBB solo in my spare tank. If after another day or two I may add to my display to see the other fish eating.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always get frozen clams. Mussel is fine too. CBB do not naturally eat clams so they will have to learn to see them as food too.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, first full day in and here’s the update. No luck with brine, mysis, bloodworms, clams or masstick. Hopefully tomorrow turns over a new leaf and today was just a settling day. So as to keep from really fouling the water with all the foods I tried each food type individually. Separated by about 3 hours. I thawed a cube and then used a pipette to suck up small measured amounts at a time, inject into the water and then sit away from the tank and watch. I did turn my lights back on this morning but they are not bright and really just barely illuminate the tank. The CBB spent the whole day pacing the front glass over and over. All the fish in my display should be happy as they pretty much got all the leftovers all day long!

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to wonder if we may not be better off going into the display. The pacing continues, like he is needing more space. Was pecking at rocks a bit this morning but no luck with the first attempt to feed today. Keeping the lights off today. Tried some brine mixed with mysis and a clam with masstick mashed inside the shell. I know others have said it needs to be aggressively feeding in QT before addition. How long before I become concerned about it not eating? We are at about 36 hours in QT.

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to wonder if we may not be better off going into the display. The pacing continues, like he is needing more space. Was pecking at rocks a bit this morning but no luck with the first attempt to feed today. Keeping the lights off today. Tried some brine mixed with mysis and a clam with masstick mashed inside the shell. I know others have said it needs to be aggressively feeding in QT before addition. How long before I become concerned about it not eating? We are at about 36 hours in QT.
I put mine in the display for same issues. The tang chased him around for a few days but I think it was the best decision in my case. I just couldn’t get it to eat through qt or in the observation box. Months later it’s doing great.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do think I’m going to roll the dice. Mirrors on both sides of the tank. And all my fish eat frozen like mad. So hopefully that will trigger the feeding response.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back