markushio40b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a Scopas Tang, 2 Clowns, and a Valentino Puffer. I just noticed today that the Tang seems to have 2 bite marks on its back fins. Is it possible the puffer did this or even the clowns? They all seem very calm around each other and even swim together in groups. I have been cutting back on feedings as my Nitrates have been increasing.

I feed flakes and frozen brine shrimp/blood worms in the mornings. Half clams in the afternoon, and just flakes at night.

also will the Tangs fins heal? Or will they still this way moving forward?

I’ve attached some before and after pics. Sorry for the poor quality as the Tang is camera shy.

IMG_0005.jpeg IMG_0008.png

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Hungry fish may increase aggression. While we’ll fed tangs with plenty of algae based foods such as Nori , Pellets etc may reduce the aggression.

I have 5 tangs in my 180 display that’s my trick in the bag. I don’t feed pellets but 4 cubes of Mysis for them with Nori sheets.

Don’t feel too bad, just fix the aggression. I’ve seen where dorsal fins are completely gone on some reefers tangs. Makes me wonder why haven’t you intervened ?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back