Tang has HLLE

William Spak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Purple tang has had HLLE for many many months, he is eating fine, swims around. It does not effect him, but I am looking for some help on getting rid of it.

Thanks

clm65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put some tank water in a cup, add a dropper full of Selcon (the small bottle come with an eye dropper), and let a sheet of nori soak in it for about 5 minutes. Then I put the nori in a clip in the tank and let the tangs go to town.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take a sheet of nori, keep it horizontal, drop some Selcon directly on in, rub it into the nori with my fingers, and then turn it over and rub it in some more.
Doesn't take long to get the nori saturated and soft. Then I also just put it on a clip and let the fish go at it.

Also of course eliminate any possible causes you can identify, such as carbon, stress, electricity, etc.

drstardust

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good advice above. For some realistic expectations...it may get better with these interventions. It doesn't always completely go away no matter what you do. Sometimes it doesn't get better at all.

OP
OP
William Spak

William Spak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take a sheet of nori, keep it horizontal, drop some Selcon directly on in, rub it into the nori with my fingers, and then turn it over and rub it in some more.
Doesn't take long to get the nori saturated and soft. Then I also just put it on a clip and let the fish go at it.

Also of course eliminate any possible causes you can identify, such as carbon, stress, electricity, etc.

Anything in particular that would stress the tang out ? Also what do you mean by electricity?

Thanks

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 91 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 92 45.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 19 9.4%
Back