Tang ID help

HLand

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2023
Messages
23
Reaction score
3
Location
Cincinnati
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tempImageKspkex.png
tempImageLQQZdC.png
tempImageo7iLFK.png
Hey all,
I bought this tang from a popular online vendor. Sold to me as a dussumieri but I have my doubts. I think it may be Bariene or Mata. He's currently in an observation tank with a few other fish before I add them to my display. Any thoughts on a positive ID?
 
Last edited:
I think you may have forgotten to post a picture with the thread. :)
 
tempImageKspkex.png
tempImageLQQZdC.png
tempImageo7iLFK.png
Hey all,
I bought this tang from a popular online vendor. Sold to me as a dussumieri but I have my doubts. I think it may be Bariene or Mata. He's currently in an observation tank with a few other fish before I add them to my display. Any thoughts on a positive ID?
Looks like a Thompson tang to me.
 
tempImageKspkex.png
tempImageLQQZdC.png
tempImageo7iLFK.png
Hey all,
I bought this tang from a popular online vendor. Sold to me as a dussumieri but I have my doubts. I think it may be Bariene or Mata. He's currently in an observation tank with a few other fish before I add them to my display. Any thoughts on a positive ID?
Definitely a mata
 
Looks pretty similar to mine - which i believe is a Meta Tang

IMG_0514.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new