Tang pooping corner?

Jorge Sanchez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 200gal I have the following:

Return pumps installed at the sump:
- 1 Vectra M1 running 90% most of the time, in its output I have a manifold diverting some of the flow to biopellets reactor and the rest passing through the UV Lamp
- 1 Cor20 running 60% most of the time
In both pumps the pvc pipe inside diameter is 1 in

Recirculating pumps ni the main tank:
- 3 WAV installed 1 at the left end, where the return pumps output, and two at the right side, all of them configured to work around 60% of power

BigBlueReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tomini absolutely poops in the same corner. He will be swimming around the rock work, swim out to the corner, poop, and go back around the rock work.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 tangs and they go wherever they please. Never seen them do it in one place. Strange.

jay1976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a Tomini tang (I have a Lemonpeel tang right now). The Tomini tang is significantly bigger AND I rescaped half the tank AND the LFS agreed to take the fish back if there were aggression issues in my 525xl (sorry just felt the need to cover my bases there).

Anyways, the two get along very peacefully (if anything the Lemonpeel is the boss) and generally avoid each other.

However, they both poop (HUGE ...payload... btw) in the EXACT SAME spot of the tank. The middle of the left side of the tank right against the glass. You can literally see accelerated algae and detritus where their poops land.

Do fish seriously sync up their pooping locations??

Sorry for the immature discussion but I'm amazed at how synced up it is.
I'm with U my tang poops in the same place right side of tank at the glass I know this because I have seen him or her doing it for certain I thought I was going nuts .never seen that behaviour before in a fish.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back