Tang pooping corner?

kevin318

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To everyone say it's flow, it's absolutely not flow. I've physically watched him **** in a corner at least 5 times lol.
I wholeheartedly agree, it's definitely not flow, I have watched him go to the same spot, day after day, week after week and poop. It completely cracks me up!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow tang, Flat Stanley, dumps over my YWG, PeekAtChu, every afternoon. YWG has a little cave in the front right of the tank. - Midday, every day... Bomb doors open ... YWG runs for cover. He used to swim out thinking it was food, he's has now learned better.

rocklobster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem. Same exact place.. bottom left side of the tank. I’ve witnessed my tangs taking a squat there too. They’re stare at me as they do it too.. oh how they taunt me.

underthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is blowing my mind! I just searched this topic because I have a new white tail yellow eye kole tang that is absolutely swimming into the same bottom front right corner of my tank since he got comfortable and pooping there every time; then swimming off. My mind is blown. :grinning-squinting-face: To me that shows a higher level of consciousness from these fish that I didn't even realize they had. I already admired how smart and adaptable they were but being conscious of a bathroom spot within a tank... wow. And the fact that its the corner tells me they are deliberately trying to go where it won't interfere with their living space. Or am I over analyzing. LOL. #fishpsychology

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is blowing my mind! I just searched this topic because I have a new white tail yellow eye kole tang that is absolutely swimming into the same bottom front right corner of my tank since he got comfortable and pooping there every time; then swimming off. My mind is blown. :grinning-squinting-face: To me that shows a higher level of consciousness from these fish that I didn't even realize they had. I already admired how smart and adaptable they were but being conscious of a bathroom spot within a tank... wow. And the fact that its the corner tells me they are deliberately trying to go where it won't interfere with their living space. Or am I over analyzing. LOL. #fishpsychology
My tailspot blenny does it and always has. He doesn’t exclusively use it, but has a preferred pooping corner. Either way he will fly out of his barnacles to poop and then go back into his barnacles when he’s done, so it’s pretty clear to me he doesn’t want it where he lives. He will also clean out the barnacles from time to time, picking up any turds or other junk that goes in there w/his mouth and spitting it out the front hole.

DiamondReef128

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
IMG_5010.jpeg
I know this thread is probably dead but I noticed a ton of poop on the left side of my tank for a while now. Me, thinking it was a flow thing, bought a 3rd Nero to try to fix this imaginary flow issue. 2 nights after I attach the Nero, it still has some build up and I see my Yellow Tang go right up to the spot, get low to the sand and drop a deuce. Then my bristletooth and fox face followed all in the span of 2 minutes! These little ****ters!

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Rimini pooped in back right corner where I had anemones and the white tail poops front right corner where I now have anemones. Are they feeding anemones or pooping in same corner like a pig

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Kinda cool that fish have their preferred "poop spot"

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Some of my tangs use the left corner and rest right over my zoas. Harlequin tusk - in a cave area

AVVITT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a tomini tang that did the exact same thing lol. I thought it was just mine! He'd kinda swim to the left front corner and hover like a helicopter coming in to land, drop his load then swim away looking really pleased with himself . Never seen another fish do it before or since!

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if it’s related to feeding location. Do you guys who notice this all feed from the same spot daily? And the ones who haven’t noticed this do you guys feed from different spots?

bquarium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My whitetail poops in the front right corner everyday, he enjoys people lookin at him when he doing his business.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back