Tang question

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. But plan on a new tank soon. Or find him a new home once he grows a bit. As Always they are better off in a large tank with plenty of stuff to pick at. They are my favorite, mine I've had for seven years.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

To be honest I would never do that, it’s a huge no. This tang needs lots of space and a bare minimum of 100-125 gallons to thrive. There are tons of fish out there, I would just find one that fits your tank. 99% of the tangs that you can get are not designed for your tank size.

I would fear that if you attempt, it will either kill the fish, or if it somehow makes it, then when you move it the shock could kill it. Either option, your pet will perish.

Sincerely
Sarah

OP
OP
Areeflover

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have a bigger tank but,y lfs sells them cheap but always tiny and they are too small for the tangs currently In there

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They grow very fast at that small size and are also quite fragile — for those two reasons primarily I’d advise wholeheartedly against such a choice.

U

User1

View Badges
I think the bigger question is would you listen to us if we said no? Sounds a bit direct, I know, but the honest answer is no. There is not enough room or food to sustain it. Years ago I asked a similar question about a yellow eyed tang (kole) in my 40 breeder. It was the worst idea that ended up costing me several fish I had for a long time. Some told me yes, more told me no, I didn't listen, and before I know it loss of life happened. Just my opinion based on what happened to me in a similar situation.

OP
OP
Areeflover

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the bigger question is would you listen to us if we said no? Sounds a bit direct, I know, but the honest answer is no. There is not enough room or food to sustain it. Years ago I asked a similar question about a yellow eyed tang (kole) in my 40 breeder. It was the worst idea that ended up costing me several fish I had for a long time. Some told me yes, more told me no, I didn't listen, and before I know it loss of life happened. Just my opinion based on what happened to me in a similar situation.
Yeah I’m not gonna do it lol.. I’ve actually been in the hobby for about 6 years so I’ve learned when to listen to my fellow hobbyists

OP
OP
Areeflover

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stocking listen for me 25 Gallon will probably be..

Pair of clowns..

Mystery wrasse..

Maybe a golden angelfish not sure yet.

And maybe one or 2 other fish

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stocking listen for me 25 Gallon will probably be..

Pair of clowns..

Mystery wrasse..

Maybe a golden angelfish not sure yet.

And maybe one or 2 other fish
Mystery WRASSE needs more room than 25g.

Golden angel needs more space than 25g.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back