Tangs...Yellow and Black.???

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't understand these sort of threads..a person asks for good advice and even though almost everyone is against an idea, they still go ahead and do what they want. Why ask then? Just do what you're going to do regardless of what anyone says..and meanwhile the fish are the ones that suffer..just plain sad.

OP
OP
Emoney

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2010-07-04_11.22.36.jpg
2010-07-04_11.22.47.jpg
I havent been able to catch the Yellow yet so the "Black Betty" has been hiding in a cave.so pics have been hard to come by. 2010-07-04_11.23.32.jpg

updates of fish while aclimating

I just don't understand these sort of threads..a person asks for good advice and even though almost everyone is against an idea, they still go ahead and do what they want. Why ask then? Just do what you're going to do regardless of what anyone says..and meanwhile the fish are the ones that suffer..just plain sad.

Please explain whats sad??? and whos suffering???? do you really think i would spend $500+ on a fish to have it suffer or not be happy???

You have no clue what my system looks like or what my future plans are, yet you post a comment...

are you a Tang expert ??? some kinda degree?? how many tangs do you have???

Like asking if a flame angel is reef safe, just opinions wether they are or not..Bouncing ideas off fellow reefers is the reason for the post:tongue:

Neon Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's even more sad is that you just don't get it..completely clueless..you yourself said that your yellow tang is picking on the other tang. Let me put YOU in a cell with a bully and see if YOU don't suffer as a result of it.
I honestly don't care what your system looks like and no one should get a fish based on future plans or "upgrades". What if you lose your job tomorrow or for whatever reason, can't upgrade..then meanwhile one of the tangs suffers because now one has to go to the sump???? how much common sense do you have, really?
I'm not a tang expert but I do feel that if we are taking these precious creatures from the ocean, we should at least try and do a good job of keeping them from being harmed in our own systems. Also, have been in this hobby for a decade and have seen tons of these types of threads where someone asks for advice just looking to hear what they want to hear and not necessarily what's best for them or their fish. Just idiotic but do what you want, I'm done on this thread and won't check back in. Good luck to your poor animals.

OP
OP
Emoney

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Tang police! Common sense??? Lose my job?? Once again you make DUMB remarks with out knowing NOTHING!

Have you seen my fish behave? Havent seen my tank...so why RUN YOUR MOUTH????

The Black tang has NO marks on him ZERO.. The Yellow will be moved in a seprate tank with in 24hrs.NOT A SUMP!!!!!!!

were i come from we call people like you HATERS! cause all you do is HATE

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see where they are coming from, but I can see the other side of things too.

Some people have luck keeping fish and animals together in combinations that "shouldnt work". Thats why I tell people that there are no right or wrong ways to reef. IF you have something new, do it, take pictures, and make a thread. Prove yourself right.

People post threads to help them make their decision, not to have other people make it for them. We gave advice, he made a decision. We will all see how it turns out, and Im rooting for the black tang. :bigsmile:

OP
OP
Emoney

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty for the kind words! Im project " catch Yellow" tonight..lol

I can see where they are coming from, but I can see the other side of things too.

Some people have luck keeping fish and animals together in combinations that "shouldnt work". Thats why I tell people that there are no right or wrong ways to reef. IF you have something new, do it, take pictures, and make a thread. Prove yourself right.

People post threads to help them make their decision, not to have other people make it for them. We gave advice, he made a decision. We will all see how it turns out, and Im rooting for the black tang. :bigsmile:

waxy

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should get along fine, it's just the yellow that may seem a bit more aggressive.

I've seen Chevrons much more aggressive than you would assume.

badger126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya honestly what's with the bashing? This is a good community from what I've seen for the most part and I don't like seeing that here. Emoney has a fair question and there's no reason to hate just because he made a different choice than what you would have made. I often ask questions like that on reef websites and every once in a while I make a decision other than what would seem the norm. That's because in this hobby, like every other one, there are elitist jerks that think they know everything and think everyone should do things the way they do. I've read threads where I've seen people told to let their tanks cycle for 6 months before putting fish in it! Just because someone tells you that online does that mean you do it? Does someone else's experience necessarily mean you will have the same experience? I have 2 tangs of the zebrasoma genus in my tank and it works. My parents have a 210 with 2 sailfins, an orangeshoulder, and powder blue, all introduced at different times. Why can't he keep 3 tangs in a 135? And who are you to tell him that he can't?

Anyways sorry people like that make me angry. Good luck on the tang catching my friend, I didn't have much luck with mine and I didn't want to tear the tank apart. If you know where he sleeps and it's accessible just flip on the lights a couple of hours after lights out and nab him while he's woozy. Mine sleeps at the very back of my rockwork so I couldn't use that strategy. Keep us updated!

OP
OP
Emoney

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya honestly what's with the bashing? This is a good community from what I've seen for the most part and I don't like seeing that here. Emoney has a fair question and there's no reason to hate just because he made a different choice than what you would have made. I often ask questions like that on reef websites and every once in a while I make a decision other than what would seem the norm. That's because in this hobby, like every other one, there are elitist jerks that think they know everything and think everyone should do things the way they do. I've read threads where I've seen people told to let their tanks cycle for 6 months before putting fish in it! Just because someone tells you that online does that mean you do it? Does someone else's experience necessarily mean you will have the same experience? I have 2 tangs of the zebrasoma genus in my tank and it works. My parents have a 210 with 2 sailfins, an orangeshoulder, and powder blue, all introduced at different times. Why can't he keep 3 tangs in a 135? And who are you to tell him that he can't?

Anyways sorry people like that make me angry. Good luck on the tang catching my friend, I didn't have much luck with mine and I didn't want to tear the tank apart. If you know where he sleeps and it's accessible just flip on the lights a couple of hours after lights out and nab him while he's woozy. Mine sleeps at the very back of my rockwork so I couldn't use that strategy. Keep us updated!

Well said my friend! !!!! I feel the same way! No body likes a hater! Lol

badger126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya well it hits a sensitive spot cuz when I first started I posted up a list of some corals with my tank params and how long it'd been up to see if ppl thought my tank could handle them. This was on another site, but long story short same thing happened. Most ppl told me not to get them but I got a bunch anyways (it's hard to resist when you're new lol). even a few sps like millis and birdsnest. Some guy got on and was bashin me the same way and you know what? I WAS RIGHT. I didn't lose a single one of those corals - they're all thriving and happy in my tank as we speak. Its good to get opinions and ask questions - that's how we learn. My favorite word is the word "why". But on here like every forum you have to take everything people say with a grain of salt. Everyone likes to think they're an expert right? People might know more than you about some things but no one knows your own system better than you.

OP
OP
Emoney

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attempt to catch yellow failed..I have a trap in tank now..so hoping I can catch him...

Aggression between the 2 has died down..but the black is still acting shy And scared. ..

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you can get the yellow out...let the black recover and then try re-uniting the two.

Either that or the clear box might work as well. The only thing I dont like about those is that for tangs swimming space, grazing...they have a lot of things that I feel they NEED to do that they cant in one of those little boxes.

OP
OP
Emoney

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That s my plan...I have a cutom 34gl frag tank were the yellow tang will go for 2-3 weeks..then im gonna try him back in the DT...Keep our fingers crossed...

Bad thing is the yellow is beeing the aggressor, but getting his butt kicked..the black has NO marks on him..just kinda funny the yellow keeps coming back for more

I hope you can get the yellow out...let the black recover and then try re-uniting the two.

Either that or the clear box might work as well. The only thing I dont like about those is that for tangs swimming space, grazing...they have a lot of things that I feel they NEED to do that they cant in one of those little boxes.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.3%
Back