Isaac_Tang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, so I have a general question with Tangs, so I currently have a 120 gal tank, I put in a Purple Tang and a Blue Tang at the same time maybe about 2-3 weeks ago, I was wondering if it was too late to put in a Powder Blue tang into the mix, I’ve had tangs before like Mimic Tangs established but then added a Powder and haven’t had any issues but I know Purple Tangs are little more aggressive.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, so I have a general question with Tangs, so I currently have a 120 gal tank, I put in a Purple Tang and a Blue Tang at the same time maybe about 2-3 weeks ago, I was wondering if it was too late to put in a Powder Blue tang into the mix, I’ve had tangs before like Mimic Tangs established but then added a Powder and haven’t had any issues but I know Purple Tangs are little more aggressive.
What are the dimensions of the tank?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just measured and it’s 60”x25”x21”, the tank is a reef 180.5 WaterBox if that helps
So, since that’s a 5’ tank I would swap the regal for a PBT - They get 1’ and aggressive so I would recommend 8’ tank minimum for these guys, I think for maybe the first year or two it should be okay though.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back