OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made it downstairs to my workshop to see my fish. It wasn't easy and it's the first time I got off the walker since the operation but my fish needed me. I had to take extra drugs to get here but I saved some for my fish, who look very good by the way. Nothing at all has been done to the tank in 2 weeks and I have had multiple people who have no idea what a fish is besides dinner feeding them. I made up some frozen food packates and thats what they use. I normally thaw and rinse them but I can't ask people to do to much so I just tell people to toss them in. By doing this, I really should change the water but thats not going to happen. I only did one water change since I moved here 5 months ago which is almost normal for me but not after all this abuse.
My algae scrubber is growing produce and my skimmer looks like a cement mixer but the fish have to live with me, I don't have to live with them, so they will have to conform.

Everything looks great, no dying corals or croaking fish and the spawning fish are still spawning. I am surprised the 2 dragon faced pipefish are still in the front and partying as I have not target fed them yet.

Of course if I ran a sterile, quarantined tank, I would be looking for a new hobby by now as those tanks can't take any abuse. I also have no idea what any parameters are but whatever they are, it's the same as the Long Island Sound where I got the water from. Now that I am thinking about it, I may dose some calcium. I don't remember doing that yet.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made it downstairs to my workshop to see my fish. It wasn't easy and it's the first time I got off the walker since the operation but my fish needed me. I had to take extra drugs to get here but I saved some for my fish, who look very good by the way. Nothing at all has been done to the tank in 2 weeks and I have had multiple people who have no idea what a fish is besides dinner feeding them. I made up some frozen food packates and thats what they use. I normally thaw and rinse them but I can't ask people to do to much so I just tell people to toss them in. By doing this, I really should change the water but thats not going to happen. I only did one water change since I moved here 5 months ago which is almost normal for me but not after all this abuse.
My algae scrubber is growing produce and my skimmer looks like a cement mixer but the fish have to live with me, I don't have to live with them, so they will have to conform.

Everything looks great, no dying corals or croaking fish and the spawning fish are still spawning. I am surprised the 2 dragon faced pipefish are still in the front and partying as I have not target fed them yet.

Of course if I ran a sterile, quarantined tank, I would be looking for a new hobby by now as those tanks can't take any abuse. I also have no idea what any parameters are but whatever they are, it's the same as the Long Island Sound where I got the water from. Now that I am thinking about it, I may dose some calcium. I don't remember doing that yet.

Sound pretty normal Paul for a guy on drugs.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I choose to lose the walker for a few minutes and use the cane, I pay for it. That titanium in my leg may have come from a Snowflake titanium mine
In Girly Man town because it won't let me put my full weight on it yet. But I keep pushing it. They also forgot to put a grease fitting in it.
I spent the day yelling at elevator construction workers but I think I got it to where they are coming at 8:00am and I am not allowing them to leave until I ride the thing down. Then they will have to get every greasy fingerprint off my siding and every piece of saw dust off my driveway, and remove every piece of trash before I pay them. And they have to take that trash with them as it is not allowed to go into my dumpster. I made sure that was in my contract.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YYYYyyaaaaaaaaaa My elevator is working. It was a long process but it is finally done. I had to do some of the work because I doubt these guys would ever get it running but now it is. Many "Craftsman" can't figure out things unless they have the exact part or tool. Thats like if I said, I have a piece of cheese cake, but I can't eat it because I don't have a fork, only spoons. :rolleyes:

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How on Earth did you make it up the stairs when you came home from the hospital? Ouch!

Glad you got the elevator installed and working. Hope you are feeling a little better.

seaplane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez Paul, your lucky to have had surgery in these days of miracle drugs and compassionate care. Back in my early days of nursing our cure for girly men whining they were in pain was to bring in an extra large enema bag and jumbo urinary catheter ! Turned whiners into sheep every time. :eek::eek:GWS!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fin the day I came home I rode up on the base of the elevator that the elevator guys temporarily got moving for me to get up.
Thank goodness. Stairs won't be your friend for a while. My wife still can't do stairs very well, or kneel down. Hope your pain level is starting to improve.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seaplane, I already had 3 operations on that knee and the 6 silly gel shots. I figured I wanted to try a knee because I love pain so much. :D
The knee wasn't all that bad but it was getting worse and stairs were becoming a problem so I figured I would fix it before I became senile. :eek:
Now I can Whine like a Sissy due to the pain. :rolleyes:

I also remember the large enema bags hung from the doorway. My Mother used one on me for any ailment with hot soapy water. They are always a fun experience but I normally had that clean refreshing aroma.
In those days that was the cure for most things, I am not sure they would fix your knee with it though. :cool:

The "Miracle Drugs" now all work in basically 2 ways, they put you to sleep or constipate you. All pills do that no matter what they are supposed to do. But if you take a pill specifically to put you to sleep, after it constipates you it gives you nightmares of being constipated and it's hard to be sexy when you are constipated. Of course I myself am not constipated. :p

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seaplane, I already had 3 operations on that knee and the 6 silly gel shots. I figured I wanted to try a knee because I love pain so much. :D
The knee wasn't all that bad but it was getting worse and stairs were becoming a problem so I figured I would fix it before I became senile. :eek:
Now I can Whine like a Sissy due to the pain. :rolleyes:

I also remember the large enema bags hung from the doorway. My Mother used one on me for any ailment with hot soapy water. They are always a fun experience but I normally had that clean refreshing aroma.
In those days that was the cure for most things, I am not sure they would fix your knee with it though. :cool:

The "Miracle Drugs" now all work in basically 2 ways, they put you to sleep or constipate you. All pills do that no matter what they are supposed to do. But if you take a pill specifically to put you to sleep, after it constipates you it gives you nightmares of being constipated and it's hard to be sexy when you are constipated. Of course I myself am not constipated. :p
Thanks for that mental picture.
[emoji19]

Glad you are doing better!

Don't get senile. Your wife needs you!
[emoji6]

Merry Christmas!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back