OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to be careful now when I buy fish because I am old and if all goes well I can live for maybe another 20 years. But a lot of fish live longer than that so any new fish may well out live me.

Who will take care of them?

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to be careful now when I buy fish because I am old and if all goes well I can live for maybe another 20 years. But a lot of fish live longer than that so any new fish may well out live me.

The LFS however, your LFS may put them in that awful stuff copper treatment and the fish won't thank you for that.

NDIrish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't have to worry about it. My son would like to take my tank. He is like me about having a tank.

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The bigger question is who can outlive Paul! :oops:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My copperband hasn't eaten on over a week but still looks perfect and hunts food all day even though she can't figure out how to bite it. Healthy fish can go for weeks or even months without eating. Copperbands can't go that long because they are not a really fat, lethargic fish.

Soon she will slow down and lose the sheen on her scales, her eyes will dull and she will become disoriented.

I would like to buy another small one, maybe with a similar size long nosed butterfly but my copperband doesn't play well with other butterflies so I will have to wait until she dies.

She is a large, striking fish and I will miss her but I think she lived a full life. I won't necropsy her because without a CAT-fish scan, I an quite sure I won't find anything wrong with her and it is very hard to study the brain on such a fish. I doubt I would be able to pick out a brain tumor or Parkensons either. :rolleyes:

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My copperband hasn't eaten on over a week but still looks perfect and hunts food all day even though she can't figure out how to bite it. Healthy fish can go for weeks or even months without eating. Copperbands can't go that long because they are not a really fat, lethargic fish.

Soon she will slow down and lose the sheen on her scales, her eyes will dull and she will become disoriented.

I would like to buy another small one, maybe with a similar size long nosed butterfly but my copperband doesn't play well with other butterflies so I will have to wait until she dies.

She is a large, striking fish and I will miss her but I think she lived a full life. I won't necropsy her because without a CAT-fish scan, I an quite sure I won't find anything wrong with her and it is very hard to study the brain on such a fish. I doubt I would be able to pick out a brain tumor or Parkensons either. :rolleyes:
Well Paul,

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was my 70th birthday yesterday and I was treated to a surprise birthday party with friends and family. 7 of my 9 grandchildren were here and as usual they were very interested in my aquarium. Even my 15month old grandson was fascinated.
Some of the gang.
IMG-20191222-WA0002.jpg

NDIrish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was my 70th birthday yesterday and I was treated to a surprise birthday party with friends and family. 7 of my 9 grandchildren were here and as usual they were very interested in my aquarium. Even my 15month old grandson was fascinated.
Some of the gang.
IMG-20191222-WA0002.jpg
Happy Belated Birthday

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the gang.
IMG-20191222-WA0002.jpg
Great looking family, Paul. Belated happy birthday!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back