OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG This is getting really bad. My wife's friend died today from Corona virus and we still have a few other friends with it. I think we now have 28,000 cases here in Suffolk

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG This is getting really bad. My wife's friend died today from Corona virus and we still have a few other friends with it. I think we now have 28,000 cases here in Suffolk
So sorry to hear this Paul. How is Dale holding up?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is working through it. She does suffer from depression and anxiety but that is one of the symptoms of MS and now of course she can't go to her therapy, physical therapy and balance classes. She can barely walk one step without her cane and doesn't walk to good with it.

We take walks almost every day (very slowly)

My book almost made another $500.00 and as soon as it does I will donate that to the MS society like I donated the first $500.00.
But there is no body there now anyway. We are just trying to get through this Corona thing now and really pray that no one else dies.
Some of our friends had it but are getting better.

I am so glad much of the world is kind of getting over it. We are still in the midst of it and it isn't any better yet.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far here in my town of Suffolk New York we have almost 29,000 cases and almost 900 people already died so far. But the people going into the hospital is a little down.

We are supposed to wear face masks but of course you can't get them anywhere. I have them on order from Amazon for 3 weeks already and they are another two or 3 weeks out, so my wife and I are wearing the same two masks we started with. Two masks came with my 3 D Printer so thats what we use.
I sterilize them after we use them.

Theres an argument in the town now because some officials want to give them to our many migrant farm workers and others want to give them to seniors. I can see both sides because the masks are to protect people from you, not the other way around and the farm workers are out all over the place and in stores.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double post

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats horrible too. We are dealing with MS. All these things with no cure are horrible

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best motivational speeches for life in general that I have ever heard By a Navy Seal Admiral, It's long, maybe 20 minutes, but worth it.

Admiral McRaven Leaves the Audience SPEECHLESS | One of the Best Motivational Speeches

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is doing great except now I have to clean the glass every day and I could do it twice a day if I felt ambitious. If I left it for 5 days it would be the same as looking through the left front fender of a vintage Ford Thunderbird.

It doesn't bother me and is just because there is so much life in the tank. This is a sign of health.

When I feed the fish, like I just did there are tentacles virtually evrywhere. I have sponges encrusting on every exposed surface and wriggling out of the edges of those sponges are nothing but tentacles. Probably spagheti worms. If I lift the edge of a sponge, the real estate is covered in bristle worms.

Brittle stars completely cover any area next to the glass like behind the thermometer, heaters or any rocks that touch the glass.
Any small part of exposed rock is filled with pores and out of every pore is an arm of "something".

If I turn off the pumps, multitudes of creatures leave the gravel and rocks to swim to the surface and suck up anything they can find in the surface film.
I can also usually see tiny new born clownfish there.

The back glass is covered in a film of algae, cyano and coraline algae which is crawling with snails, small worms, amphipods and asternia stars.

The pipefish hunt there and are always smiling.

These are things that all make up health and come from feeding things like clams that exude clam juice which is just tiny particles of clam in "juice". Sponges live on this stuff as do all the other beginnings of the food chain.

To keep pipefish, mandarins, bleenies and other small fish this stuff makes it much easier as I don't really have to feed those fish.
View through the back of my tank. Those are sponges

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our town of Suffolk topped 30,000 cases of the virus yesterday. Lucky us. :(

Lets pray they come up with a vaccine quickly, I know the best minds all over the world are working on it.

Everybody here knows someone with the virus and unfortunately most of us know someone who died.

I heard that last night at my friend Sue's house neighbors went there and meticulously cut the grass, trimmed the bushes, planted flowers all over the place and hung a huge American Flag (I think it was from Sue's Dads casket) near the top of their house. They must have gotten a bucket truck because their house is two storied and very high.
Maybe the fire dept or police helped with that.

Sue is so overwhelmed at the love we all have for her and Tommy. He was very well loved.

This morning we will wait at the entrance of the Military cemetery near here for the Hearse and will follow it to the grave site where we are not allowed to get out of the car.

This was supposed to be a few days ago but there were complications. His Military and Police funeral will have to wait until further notice.

I just saw the pictures, the entire house and property is covered in flags and flowers with a huge Flag hanging over the street from telephone poles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just came back from the cemetery. All we could do was follow the hearse in, it went one way and we went the other.
They didn't even remove the casket so we just parked for a while, talked 6' apart, cried a little and left.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My boat went in the water last night so if it ever warms up and stops raining I may be able to go out and collect some fresh mud. Amphipods are severely lacking here in my new boating area but I can still get mud. Not nice rich mud like where I used to live, but it will have to do.

Awesome Dennis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that CAT5 or CAT6 jacket?
This is some true “Paul b mcgyver” ingenuity

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday I spent a could part of the afternoon 8" up.a ladder cutting the tops off the peoples hedge backing onto my garden. They only cut their side never the top.
Now UK law states if a neighbour's plants or trees encroach on your property you have the right to cut them back to the boundary then your supposed to throw them over into their garden or you are deemed to be stealing them. I kid you not but then perhaps it's the same in the US.

Careful with that trimmer Eugene.
20200427_131131.jpg

radsdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we can dispose of the trimmings as we see fit. I use a chipper to grind it up and use it for mulch.
As an added bonus, I make sure to do it when they are home so they can enjoy the sound with me.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we can dispose of the trimmings as we see fit. I use a chipper to grind it up and use it for mulch.
As an added bonus, I make sure to do it when they are home so they can enjoy the sound with me.
Most people do dispose of the cuttings themselves of course and unless the owners of the hedge are completely bonkers then they would hardly complain or think.about suing you.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back