Tank birthday, 47+ years

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get to see a doctor now in the UK you have to be dead. The problem being when you are dead you can't see anybody ir anything donuts a bit of a waste of time even trying to get to see a doctor.
Ring your doctor and the conversat6goes like this after eventually getting through to the receptionist.
Hello xxx surgery can I help you?

I need to see a doctor.

What's wrong with you?

I have a great pain in my chest I think I maybe experiencing a heart attack.

Are you dead?

No not yet.

Sorry you can't see the doctor until you have expired. Call back later to get a death certificate the doctor may see you then just to be sure your dead and not trying to fool us.

Why would I try and fool you?

Well you would be surprised at the number of people who phone us back who haven't died at all so we have to be careful.you see.

With that the phone goes dead just before you do.

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get to see a doctor now in the UK you have to be dead. The problem being when you are dead you can't see anybody ir anything donuts a bit of a waste of time even trying to get to see a doctor.
Ring your doctor and the conversat6goes like this after eventually getting through to the receptionist.

I need to see a doctor.

What's wrong with you?

Are you dead?

No not yet.

Sorry you can't see the doctor until you have expired. Call back later to get a death certificate the doctor may see you then just to be sure your dead and not trying to fool us.

Well you would be surprised at the number of people who phone us back who haven't died at all so we have to be careful.you see.

haahaahah so true

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that was Midas.

The only medication that actually works, besides medical marijuana is cortisone. That stuff is fantastic and I am saving up so I can buy enough to take a bath in. :oops:
Yeah cortisone injections did me wonders,plus a procudere called " radio frequency " where stick needles into you hooked upto the electric and basically burn your nerve endings, them 2 done me better than any surgery has tbf.
Also getting a cauda epidural,so hope that gives some benifit

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plus a procudere called " radio frequency " where stick needles into you hooked upto the electric and basically burn your nerve endings, them 2 done me better than any surgery has tbf.
I also had that, but an acupuncturist did it. It looked like fun so I went with it. Besides, I'm an electrician so I figured I needed it

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I need to see a doctor.

What's wrong with you?

Are you dead?

No not yet.

I don't know if I should laugh or send you a care package with some paracetamol and antibiotics.
That would probably bring a SWAT team kicking in my door though for international drug trafficking.

I guess I should stick to getting fentanyl from China in the mail for my friends and other governmentally approved activities. If they do ban fish I wonder if all these lights I just bought will grow marijuana.

A snail spawns on a new reefkeeper's tank glass and instead of being amazed they make a post asking if they have parasitic worms in their tank.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if I should laugh or send you a care package with some paracetamol and antibiotics.
That would probably bring a SWAT team kicking in my door though for international drug trafficking.

I guess I should stick to getting fentanyl from China in the mail for my friends and other governmentally approved activities. If they do ban fish I wonder if all these lights I just bought will grow marijuana.

A snail spawns on a new reefkeeper's tank glass and instead of being amazed they make a post asking if they have parasitic worms in their tank.
Red cross care package please but mark it as a class A drug to make sure it gets through our customs.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL The government here banned most vaping items causing 1000s of stores to start selling tobacco products again
or go out of business.
You cant by them online because it's illegal to have them shipped to WV.

for the children (and government tax revenue, give your children unfiltered Camel cigarettes like Grandpa did, it's okay with the government.) ($11 a pack at Walmart, $7 tax. I noticed this while buying a drill made in China there.)

But you can buy vaping items from China and the package comes right to your door. I did it.
I suppose the real goal of the ban was to promote business in China.
Perhaps we will still be able to get fish from China.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was a kid, cigarettes were 32 cents and they were sold in vending machines.
Gas was 27 cents a gallon. :)

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was a kid, cigarettes were 32 cents and they were sold in vending machines.
Gas was 27 cents a gallon. :)
When I got my first car, gas was 25 cents for an Imperial Gallon, which is a larger volume than those puny things that you guys in the States call a gallon. :cool: Of course, now we're paying $1.80 for a litre, and it takes 3.76 of those things to make one of your gallons.:eek:

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got my first car, gas was 25 cents for an Imperial Gallon, which is a larger volume than those puny things that you guys in the States call a gallon. :cool: Of course, now we're paying $1.80 for a litre, and it takes 3.76 of those things to make one of your gallons.:eek:
In USA they don't know they are born for the price of petrol

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rybren, you get cheaper gas because you are higher than us. After you get it, it drains down to us in the states. :p

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am slowly making a big change to my tank. I have so much blue encrusting sponge that I think it is either sucking nutrients out of my water or it is adding some sort of toxin. It is beautiful and looks like light blue montipora but you can't eliminate it. You can see a milky substance come out of it when it is cut. (angelfish won't touch it)

The last time I trimmed a lot of it, I lost almost all my SPS corals and many of the Zoa's. The Zoa's are all tiny now and they were huge. My green star polyps disappeared and that stuff will grow on your piano if it's close enough to your tank.

But the good news is that gorgs and leather corals grow like crazy so maybe they like what the sponge is putting into the water or taking out.
I am slowly changing the tank over to leather corals, mushrooms, gorgonians and of course sponges. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

It's this stuff.

Back