Tank birthday, 47+ years

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hopefully you find something!

Those banded pipefish look beautiful, wonder if someone on here will pick them up.
Won't be getting the pipe fish but I'm wanting a Ruby red blenny/ dragonet or even a pair ,my tank just over a year old now and lots of activity from all different kinds of pods at night, got a silver belly wrasse ( ovbliousy pod eater ) plus cbb ,no refugium in sump as such,just rock rubble and small rocks in 3 of the compartments.
So really unsure if should get obe or even a pair,as reading through the threads on them,others saying last week/ month then die and the likes,but then read others saying no problem,
Will be asking if wild caught or captive bred if they even know answer idk and ask to see it feeding first,so yeah really unsure lol

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME not always the species but even individual fish like copperbands as an example. There are some butterflies that only eat coral polyps.
I get that - I mean, some fish that dont eat for ages or just arent known for eating frozen/prepared just suddenly turn around and eat all of a sudden. I've had this instance with my griessinger goby (Discordipinna griessingeri).

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get that - I mean, some fish that dont eat for ages or just arent known for eating frozen/prepared just suddenly turn around and eat all of a sudden. I've had this instance with my griessinger goby (Discordipinna griessingeri).
Lionfish can be like that.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it was Finest Aquatics.
Well went to finest aquatics and got some corals and cuc.
Did you see that big £ 1475.00 trachy/ scolly / acan or whatever it was ,next to the scolly's/trachys anyway,absolutely huge

Got some little sea slugs,cucumbers or maybe a nudi but don't see the thing nudis have on their backs ( their feather gill things) know what they are ,I left them on the gsp after dip anyway so they in tank lol
The first one slightly larger and looks like has spines,they both very small like 5-8 mm long and some blue tubular things ,thinking maybe some kind if sponge or tunicates

Attachments

• 20220410_161208.jpg
    20220410_161208.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20220410-161706_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220410-161706_Gallery.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20220410-161709_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220410-161709_Gallery.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220410_170253.jpg
    20220410_170253.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220410_170258.jpg
    20220410_170258.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 28

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well went to finest aquatics and got some corals and cuc.
Did you see that big £ 1475.00 trachy/ scolly / acan or whatever it was ,next to the scolly's/trachys anyway,absolutely huge

Got some little sea slugs,cucumbers or maybe a nudi but don't see the thing nudis have on their backs ( their feather gill things) know what they are ,I left them on the gsp after dip anyway so they in tank lol
The first one slightly larger and looks like has spines,they both very small like 5-8 mm long and some blue tubular things ,thinking maybe some kind if sponge or tunicates

You mean this one
20220409_154133.jpg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean this one
20220409_154133.jpg
Yeah that's the one £1450.00 not 1475 ooops .
Bleeding massive good what 30-40 cm across by 20 cm high by whatever depth pfffft.
Just need someone buy me it for xmas now ha ha ( any offers wink wink nudge nudge )

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Won't be getting the pipe fish but I'm wanting a Ruby red blenny/ dragonet or even a pair
I have a pair of those. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I find cucumbers very easy to keep.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just collected 50 gallons of NSW from a natural beach at the surf line. It's pretty clean but I need to filter out all the pieces of seaweeds, cigarettes, hypodermic needles and all that.

I am heating it up now then I have to figure out how to get it into the tank. My pump won't pump that high. (the top of my tank is 5' off the floor)

I normally pump it all into 5 gallon buckets and dump them in. They are much to heavy now since my shoulder surgery. I mean I could probably lift them at least until I hear the stitches ripping in my shoulder. :oops:

I may just have to pump like 3 gallons at a time into a container so I could lift it with one arm.
Collecting it was also interesting using one arm. :(
IMG_5215.JPG

The water has a salinity of 1.021 and it is 49 degrees.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to technical issues I was only able to change a little more than 40 gallons. That is fine as I like to keep some raw NSW around for accidents. :p

Luckily the ocean is behind my house. I can't get water from there because of the 176 steps so I drive about a mile to a place where I can back up to the water. :)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my shoulder surgery I have been getting severe pain in my arm where he operated. I also had it before the operation so I don't think it is from that. But the surgeon fish said it could have assabated it.

So he gave me two prescriptions to take while I wait the two weeks until I see him.
I have been feeling lousy so I looked up the side effects of these medications.

Dry mouth, wet mouth, weight gain, weight loss, runny nose, blue nose, blurred vision, constipation, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness, ringing in the ears, heart failure, an uncontrollable urge to disco dance, Da da da da, uronoma, ich, bloating, gas etc.

The other medication also had those side effects plus many more including death. So after death, the other side effects didn't seem to severe.

This morning I stopped taking them and figured I would throw them in my tank. Maybe it eliminates red slime or hair algae........You never know. :)

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my shoulder surgery I have been getting severe pain in my arm where he operated. I also had it before the operation so I don't think it is from that. But the surgeon fish said it could have assabated it.

So he gave me two prescriptions to take while I wait the two weeks until I see him.
I have been feeling lousy so I looked up the side effects of these medications.

Dry mouth, wet mouth, weight gain, weight loss, runny nose, blue nose, blurred vision, constipation, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness, ringing in the ears, heart failure, an uncontrollable urge to disco dance, Da da da da, uronoma, ich, bloating, gas etc.

The other medication also had those side effects plus many more including death. So after death, the other side effects didn't seem to severe.

This morning I stopped taking them and figured I would throw them in my tank. Maybe it eliminates red slime or hair algae........You never know. :)
Isn't getting older grand? LOL. Who was it anyway who coined the phrase 'Golden Years'?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't getting older grand? LOL. Who was it anyway who coined the phrase 'Golden Years'?
I think that was Midas.

The only medication that actually works, besides medical marijuana is cortisone. That stuff is fantastic and I am saving up so I can buy enough to take a bath in. :oops:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 149 40.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 189 50.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 33 8.9%
Back