Tank birthday, 47+ years

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck on yet another rotator cuff surgery. I too have been holding off on that, especially at this time because my hubby and I have a big motorcycle roadtrip to Skagway, Alaska from our home in Pgh, PA in June and July. I knew the recovery was pretty long and since I ride my own bike I am holding off on surgery until we get back from our dream/bucket list trip. I hope this surgery will remedy your shoulder issues!
If you going up the Al-Can highway be careful of all the moose! Hitting one on a motorcycle is a good way to get a payout on life insurance. Just make sure this is not your last bucket item and safe travels! Alaska is going to get into your blood!

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow my Daughter graduates from Fordham Law School. She went back to college after 20 years for this. It will be in the Bronx for the graduation then back to her place in Manhattan for a big party where she invited much of her graduating class. I guess I will have to start calling her "Counselor" :D
How wonderful! God bless her.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped carbon dosing and testing in Feb because had bottomed my nutrients and now waiting on GHA to reestablish so I can try doing half dosages to solve GHA and at the same time avoid white slime. Still waiting on GHA. Although red turf has started to take its place. Which I’m liking. I’m not testing either :)

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you going up the Al-Can highway be careful of all the moose! Hitting one on a motorcycle is a good way to get a payout on life insurance. Just make sure this is not your last bucket item and safe travels! Alaska is going to get into your blood!
Yes, we are going on the Al-Can highway and we know moose are a very real danger. We are hoping to see a real moose in the wild but definitely not that up close and personal!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hitting one on a motorcycle is a good way to get a payout on life insurance.
I bet the Moose isn't crazy about that either. They have enough heavy stuff already sticking out of their head and don't also need handlebars. :anguished-face:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we had to be at her graduation at Fordham Law school at 7:45 am in the Bronx. (NYC). That is about 45 miles from me but the traffic there looks like a cup of live, adult brine shrimp and at that time in the morning, rush hour, it moves more like a cup of frozen brine shrimp.

We decided to go there the day before and sleep in a hotel. I searched the net for a hotel near by. It's not to far from Yankee Stadium.
I find a place 3 miles from the university and "WAYS" said it would take 40 minutes to get there from the hotel.

40 minutes to go 3 miles is normal for the Bronx or anywhere in the New York City boroughs.

I called to make the reservation and got the front desk. I don't think the girl I spoke to went to Fordham.
She was very nice but may have had the IQ of one of the apples on her desk.

She asked my name. I said very slowly "PAUL BALDASSANO". She asked "Is BALDASSANO your first or last name?".

I said Baldassano is my last name and PAUL, like the Saint is my first name.
OK. Spell it.... I asked Baldassano? She said "No, spell Paul".

OK. P A U L. Like the Saint. What Saint?. I said Saint Paul which I could tell went right over her semi empty head.

So I said, "Would you like me to spell Baldassano. She asked "Whats that?"

I replied, "my last name". She said "Oh OK, spell that".

I spelled my name very slowly 3 times. Then I had to spell it phonetically. 3 times.

B, as in ballerina, A, as in the apple in your head, L, as in lunatic, D as in dope and so on.

Then she asked my E Mail which ends in AOL.COM. She asked "Whats that"?

I said My E Mail. She said "Can I spell it?". I said "spell what"? She said "Spell AOL. COM".

I said "Spell what?" She said "AOL.COM". I said, "Thats it."

She said, "What"? I said AOL.COM.
My wife was hysterical and I said it again but she never heard of it. I know no one uses AOL.COM any more but I was here way before the internet was invented and I got AOL and still have it. This girl who seemed to be about 30 never heard of it. She never even heard of ".COM".

So I spelled it very slowly. A O L . C O M

This conversation is absolutely true and if I knew she was such a genius I would have taped this conversation.
And she got a job at the front desk of a hotel that is rated Excellent.

The place was in the biggest dump in the Bronx but it was only 4 weeks old, kind of like this receptionist.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So we had to be at her graduation at Fordham Law school at 7:45 am in the Bronx. (NYC). That is about 45 miles from me but the traffic there looks like a cup of live, adult brine shrimp and at that time in the morning, rush hour, it moves more like a cup of frozen brine shrimp.

We decided to go there the day before and sleep in a hotel. I searched the net for a hotel near by. It's not to far from Yankee Stadium.
I find a place 3 miles from the university and "WAYS" said it would take 40 minutes to get there from the hotel.

40 minutes to go 3 miles is normal for the Bronx or anywhere in the New York City boroughs.

I called to make the reservation and got the front desk. I don't think the girl I spoke to went to Fordham.
She was very nice but may have had the IQ of one of the apples on her desk.

She asked my name. I said very slowly "PAUL BALDASSANO". She asked "Is BALDASSANO your first or last name?".

I said Baldassano is my last name and PAUL, like the Saint is my first name.
OK. Spell it.... I asked Baldassano? She said "No, spell Paul".

OK. P A U L. Like the Saint. What Saint?. I said Saint Paul which I could tell went right over her semi empty head.

So I said, "Would you like me to spell Baldassano. She asked "Whats that?"

I replied, "my last name". She said "Oh OK, spell that".

I spelled my name very slowly 3 times. Then I had to spell it phonetically. 3 times.

B, as in ballerina, A, as in the apple in your head, L, as in lunatic, D as in dope and so on.

Then she asked my E Mail which ends in AOL.COM. She asked "Whats that"?

I said My E Mail. She said "Can I spell it?". I said "spell what"? She said "Spell AOL. COM".

I said "Spell what?" She said "AOL.COM". I said, "Thats it."

She said, "What"? I said AOL.COM.
My wife was hysterical and I said it again but she never heard of it. I know no one uses AOL.COM any more but I was here way before the internet was invented and I got AOL and still have it. This girl who seemed to be about 30 never heard of it. She never even heard of ".COM".

So I spelled it very slowly. A O L . C O M

This conversation is absolutely true and if I knew she was such a genius I would have taped this conversation.
And she got a job at the front desk of a hotel that is rated Excellent.

The place was in the biggest dump in the Bronx but it was only 4 weeks old, kind of like this receptionist.
My in-laws still use AOL.com for their email. My wife uses NetZero and I still use Hotmail.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, sounds like you were in an Abbott & Costello routine.
I don’t think she would understand the episode
"Who is the first baseman?") and responses "The first baseman's name is Who."
Who’s on first and What is on second

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jodi alone.JPG

Fordham.JPG

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My Grand Daughter will never have to worry about wearing out the soles of her shoes.

G putting on shoes.JPG

Greta stnding in shoes.JPG

Greta Shoe.JPG
"Looks like your treads have about 400,000 miles remaining. Might want to keep an eye on those."

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1711174372_MemorialDay4.jpg

Tomorrow I am going to Calverton Military Cemetary which is the largest Military cemetery in the US and is very close to my home. I also have a few friends there.

I, along with many more Patriots will be placing thousands of flags on the graves of the Hero's there.

Next week we will go back to remove them.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back