OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RSNJReef. Thank you. That was one of the nicest things I ever heard. Most people just tell me to hide in a closet and stick sea urchin spines in my eyes.

I didn't realize I helped so many people. Remember, my methods are not really taken very well by many people in this hobby, but I am thankful for your post and I really appreciate it. :)

I also loved Tom Hanks in that movie.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning my wife and I have appointments at a Pain Mgt. doctors office. We both have back issues so she fills us up with Prizapro, I mean cortisone.

You can only get these shots I think 3 times a year or your bones turn into something akin to leather corals or red tip anemones and no one wants that. :confused:

I am going for a shoulder issue. My left shoulder is titanium so a little WD-40 is all it needs but when I had my left shoulder replaced due to arthritis and the rotator cuff tore completely off as did my bicep and some other, probably needed things with long names. The Doc told me he rarely sees that much arthritis in a shoulder so my right shoulder is probably worse. :confounded-face:

If your shoulder or knee hurts more when you are not using it than when you are, your arthritis is probably pretty severe and you can see a Pain Mgt Doc or fortune teller because if you are going to croak soon, why bother?

He took a picture of the arthritis on my left shoulder when he removed it and it looks like the surface of the moon. It's all holes, cracks and woodchuck burrows.
So I have quite a bit of pain in my right shoulder which makes it hard to feed earthworms to my red waspfish and that annoys them as they don't seem to care what my pain level is.

My wife has much bigger problems because of her MS. Her back is in acute pain, she can't really walk anyway so she really doesn't need this so I hope the Pain Mgt Doc. can help her.

It's a lot of fun getting old, I can't wait for a lot of you people to find out. :D

Of course if you are an entomologist, guitar teacher or own an LFS, you will be fine.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This morning my wife and I have appointments at a Pain Mgt. doctors office. We both have back issues so she fills us up with Prizapro, I mean cortisone.

You can only get these shots I think 3 times a year or your bones turn into something akin to leather corals or red tip anemones and no one wants that. :confused:

I am going for a shoulder issue. My left shoulder is titanium so a little WD-40 is all it needs but when I had my left shoulder replaced due to arthritis and the rotator cuff tore completely off as did my bicep and some other, probably needed things with long names. The Doc told me he rarely sees that much arthritis in a shoulder so my right shoulder is probably worse. :confounded-face:

If your shoulder or knee hurts more when you are not using it than when you are, your arthritis is probably pretty severe and you can see a Pain Mgt Doc or fortune teller because if you are going to croak soon, why bother?

He took a picture of the arthritis on my left shoulder when he removed it and it looks like the surface of the moon. It's all holes, cracks and woodchuck burrows.
So I have quite a bit of pain in my right shoulder which makes it hard to feed earthworms to my red waspfish and that annoys them as they don't seem to care what my pain level is.

My wife has much bigger problems because of her MS. Her back is in acute pain, she can't really walk anyway so she really doesn't need this so I hope the Pain Mgt Doc. can help her.

It's a lot of fun getting old, I can't wait for a lot of you people to find out. :D

Of course if you are an entomologist, guitar teacher or own an LFS, you will be fine.
I went yesterday for an X-ray of my lumbar section of my back. My feet randomly fall asleep and the doctor suspects minor sciatica but wants to rule out spine compression.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what I have, spine compression. My disks are so squashed they think they are poker chips and I got shorted by about 3/4" . That happens when you stupidly carry hundreds of pounds on your shoulder for 45 or so years because apprentices are to weak or lazy to do it. :anguished-face:

RSNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
RSNJReef. Thank you. That was one of the nicest things I ever heard. Most people just tell me to hide in a closet and stick sea urchin spines in my eyes.

I didn't realize I helped so many people. Remember, my methods are not really taken very well by many people in this hobby, but I am thankful for your post and I really appreciate it. :)

I also loved Tom Hanks in that movie.
lol, and this is the proof of everything I said.

In the end I’m just another guy passing through, but, I’ll tell you that you have been way more impactful than you know. Just keep doing everything you do, it’s helping the rest of us become that much better in what we do.

All the best man, and keep on goin!!!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, you definitely inspire people. My son still says one day he'll have one of your fish lights on his desk. You may have been the spark that made him want to be an engineer.
Spark....electrician...I see what you did there!

By the way good morning.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL Lowell. My friends kids were supposed to come over today but due to the deluge we are having, they cancelled. They live 65 miles away.

They are both engineers and wanted to see how my Steampunk "things" work and all the DIY on my fish tank.

I only have 3 motorized ones left (No Angler fish) The ones I have left are 2 or 3' high so it is difficult to use them in a home. A bar or restaurant would be better.

I know one went to a wine tasting establishment.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a link to the gallery that is selling your creations? Are they online? I would love to see them. I have seen pictures here and I think they are fantastic.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lowell they all sold except for the 3 biggest one and as guy tells me he is scraping up enough money to take one of them. I sold 14 in a gallery in Manhattan and about 15 or 20 out here on Long Island.
Some of the pictures are on here.

Most of them have movement besides the lights and some have Tesla Coils.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lowell I only have 3 left that are motorized.
This one someone told me to hold for him. I am not sure if or when he will take it.

This one,

And this one.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been out of commission for a couple of days due to a Sissy Stomach Virus. They are a lot of fun. I woke up 2 days ago and puked my brains out and I am not a puker. I think the last time I puked was in the 80s. :)

Of course stomach Viruses causes "stuff" to come out of all your orifices. :confounded-face:

I haven't eaten anything in 3 days and lost 6 pounds. I already lost almost 30 lbs so I don't want to lose any more.

I went to a "Doc In The Box" today and he gave me a few pills that of course won't work but it makes you feel like you are doing something positive. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been out of commission for a couple of days due to a Sissy Stomach Virus. They are a lot of fun. I woke up 2 days ago and puked my brains out and I am not a puker. I think the last time I puked was in the 80s. :)

Of course stomach Viruses causes "stuff" to come out of all your orifices. :confounded-face:

I haven't eaten anything in 3 days and lost 6 pounds. I already lost almost 30 lbs so I don't want to lose any more.

I went to a "Doc In The Box" today and he gave me a few pills that of course won't work but it makes you feel like you are doing something positive. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I still tell everyone I'm one stomach virus away from my fighting weight...

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased your book and was thoroughly enjoying it, so of course I misplaced it. I had just reached the DIY section. Thanks for writing it. I'll finish it someday. I know, of course, that if I really want it to turn up, all I need to do is buy another one.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't even have one to give you. If I want one, I have to order it from Amazon like everyone else for the same price. :D

The book was originally printed in color, I am told now it is in Black and white. I have no idea why as it was supposed to be in color which is what I paid for

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back