Paul B
10K Club member
View Badges
Excellence Award
Reef Tank 365
Reef Of The Month
Article Contributor
Rock Pool Reef Keepers
My Aquarium Showcase
- Joined
- Nov 3, 2010
- Messages
- 21,791
- Reaction score
- 73,703
- Location
- Long Island NY
- What state or country do you live in
- New York
The tank is doing well but I am a little concerned about the little female mandarin. She has been very pregnant to long and I think she is egg bound. That sometimes happens in fish when they become loaded with eggs and for some reason, she can't deliver them or the male is a nerd and is not in the mood to spawn. I could easily deliver the eggs for her but that would require taking everything out of the tank, and that aint gonna happen. She seems fine, eats well, smiles a lot and has a nice complection but is just to fat.
Time will tell.
One of my clown gobies is also pregnant and I know that is from all the white worms she eats. Whiteworms are smaller than blackworms and they feast on them, mostly because I don't give them Pizza. White worms are their favorite food and they are also the favorite food of the mandarins although they get lots of pods and new born brine shrimp.
I am not sure if the annoying pistol shrimp are spawning because they spend most of their time together in their cave which they keep moving and causing my rocks to fall. I really need a lot of time to re design the tank so they don't do that but that is a major undertaking and will cause much coral breakage. I can't keep the montipora together now as I keep breaking them and I have frags growing all over the place. My biggest expense is glue. :hmm2:

Time will tell.
One of my clown gobies is also pregnant and I know that is from all the white worms she eats. Whiteworms are smaller than blackworms and they feast on them, mostly because I don't give them Pizza. White worms are their favorite food and they are also the favorite food of the mandarins although they get lots of pods and new born brine shrimp.
I am not sure if the annoying pistol shrimp are spawning because they spend most of their time together in their cave which they keep moving and causing my rocks to fall. I really need a lot of time to re design the tank so they don't do that but that is a major undertaking and will cause much coral breakage. I can't keep the montipora together now as I keep breaking them and I have frags growing all over the place. My biggest expense is glue. :hmm2:





