Tank birthday, 47+ years

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thank you Novice guy. The most important part, is living long enough. :faint:

Lol. I hope to have my reef for many years to come. ♡ Your tank and this thread have been rather inspiring.
 
Those clown gobies laid another batch of eggs, that's three spawnings in 2 weeks. I am trying to collect some fry when they hatch but I am not geared up to raising them. I will give them some food but they will have to prepare it themselves and be independent. This suction thing is resting on the eggs and hopefully will suck up the fry as they are born. But don't hold your breath.
 
I collected at least two fry that I could see. I found them at night by using a flashlight sideways in their tank. Now that the lights are on, I can't find them and figure they probably escaped. They may have had help from the outside, I can't be sure.The container they were in had a coffee filter over the hole to let out the water but there are probably other ways to get out. I will re design it for the next bunch of fry.
 
I absolutely love your aquarium. I think the design elements are amazing, and I love the way you incorporated bottles and other trash like items into your aquascape. It is awesome that your tank has been around so long. And to think, I JUST found this thread!

I would love to see more pictures of your aquarium and your art :)

I hope you can raise some gobies too!
 
and I love the way you incorporated bottles and other trash like items into your aquascape
What trash?
 
Last edited:
What trash?

Lol it's art right?

If you get a minute, could you take some close ups of the bottles and whatnot in your aquarium? It looks like you may have posted some previously in the thread, but the pictures were deleted or moved from photobucket. :) :)

I am fascinated with this idea for some reason... Also, how do you make your live rocks and in tank sculptures? Is that clay?

Btw love the walls! They are so cute!
 
OK, as soon as I get back to this thread i will do that. I am going to the gym now then way out to the end of Long Island to help out a friend.
 
The rocks are built out of PVC pipes that is first bent into different shapes and covered in cement. My entire reef structure is supported on these structures and about a third of my rock is hollow rocks built that way. I will post some pictures after the bottle pictures.
 
About half of those bottles I collected in the sea, the rest of them I built to look old like that one 3 pictures above that I am holding. I also built the one the fireclown is in and the smaller one about 3 pages up on the right side of the page with the oyster shells growing on it. (It is to the right of that cement coral stand) That is a new bottle.
 
Thanks Paul, have really enjoyed your many/varied projects/creations over the years. Would really love to pay you a visit some day when next to the great state of NY and spend some time BSing with another even older 'Old Salt'. I have some LR and decendents of corals that are more than twenty years old in my system, just have not let any one system last that long....lol
I've been considering a Puget Sound Cold Water Reeftank for awhile now since I have such great access to our private beach here. If I do, will definitely incorporate some of your aquascaping platforms into it.

Cheers, Todd
 
Todd, if you get to Long Island, let me know. I would like to meet you. None of my friends are into tanks so I never have a chance to have an intelligent conversation with anyone fish related. Very few people see my tank for that reason.
 
I am blown away! I am absolutely in love with your artistic and creative eye. You have inspired me =] I really really appreciate all of the photos. It is a shame you live so far away.
 
Loo what a cutie!

I want to find a way to put an anchor in my aquarium, I'd either make it from cement or find a plastic one. My aquarium is just a baby though :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new