Tank birthday, 47+ years

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
We bought a small "fake" Christmas tree. I "hate" artificial trees, I mean, I really hate them. But this year I can't carry a real tree or put it up so we got this thing really cheap so we can throw it out next year.

I also noticed it was made in China so I am having a hard time looking at it and I can't wait until the Holiday is over so I can throw it out.

This is the first time in my life I put something like this up and I would never buy something from China.

Our Grand Kids are coming over and I really needed a tree. I just hope they forget this is a fake tree and next year I will go overboard with decorating.
I think your tree just isn't decorated properly. Take a few empty bottles of Gran Marnier, rub them with glue sticks and and sprinkle them with glitter. Hide them on the back side of the tree. Make sure you add a bottle every few days. You'll be amazed at how much better you feel about your situation! ;)

BTW... empty bottles of Gran Marnier are hard to find. You may be forced to buy full ones and do something with the contents. :eek:
 
I finished my Steampunk Lamp. I would like to take the credit for the design but I can't. I actually saw it on a site called "Intructables". I found it by accident and they have a lot of cool things to build or just to get ideas from. I embellished on this project by adding a water valve that is actually the switch that turns on the thing. There is an air pump inside which pumps air into the glad chamber (wine bottle)
It is built out of PVC pipe which I painted to look like aged copper. That site shows how to do that as I wasn't sure how to get that old copper look but it does look pretty good if I have to say so myself, and I do.

 
Great job on the lamp Paul. It really does look like aged copper.

Now let me go and Google Steampunk Lamp. I've never heard of it before. Then it's off to read about sponges; I already have tons in my tank and sump, but I'd like to learn more.
 
They cut me down to one Supermodel reference per article as I was overdoing it on Supermodels.
Google Steampunk and you will find all sorts of interesting stuff.
I love this stuff and just can't stop building stuff. I really need to stop :eek:

Here is some steampunk stuff. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/511228995184063698/
 
I finished my Steampunk Lamp. I would like to take the credit for the design but I can't. I actually saw it on a site called "Intructables". I found it by accident and they have a lot of cool things to build or just to get ideas from. I embellished on this project by adding a water valve that is actually the switch that turns on the thing. There is an air pump inside which pumps air into the glad chamber (wine bottle)
It is built out of PVC pipe which I painted to look like aged copper. That site shows how to do that as I wasn't sure how to get that old copper look but it does look pretty good if I have to say so myself, and I do.

That's pretty cool. I thought it was a jellyfish tank at first in there.
 
Remember this is the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor along with the thousands of our soldiers who were killed.
That was the beginning of the US entering the war with Japan
 
I remember some where you posted about you had a trigger fish, what type and what do you think of them?
 
That was a rescue from a LFS that I got very cheap. He didn't eat there and he hardly ate in my tank. He disappeared and I assume became bristle worm lunch.
That was an orange spotted file. The most beautiful files as far as I am concerned, also the most difficult. I have had a few of them and they are very delicate but can be kept if you find a good, healthy one that has not been away food for a long time as they are skinny ever if they are healthy. They generally live on coral polyps. I know of one guy that not only keeps them, but spawns them also.
 
How quickly do go through corals, so they eat anything else?
 
They only eat some types of SPS but they are not big eaters. Some of them will learn to eat other foods but not many of them
 
GettaReef, Thanks. My problem is that I have too many hobbies and like to do everything. I ran out of places to put these things as my wife likes the creativity but doesn't want it in our house because we basically have a modern look.
I could build those types of things all day long and am designing a huge one for outside my house in the summer. It will be like a nuclear reactor with a cracked pipe that is leaking very bright, red (LED) light rays and some type of liquid. It is still in the very early designing stage and may not get built because I have too many things going on and I have to waste time sleeping.:rolleyes:
 
GettaReef, Thanks. My problem is that I have too many hobbies and like to do everything. I ran out of places to put these things as my wife likes the creativity but doesn't want it in our house because we basically have a modern look.
I could build those types of things all day long and am designing a huge one for outside my house in the summer. It will be like a nuclear reactor with a cracked pipe that is leaking very bright, red (LED) light rays and some type of liquid. It is still in the very early designing stage and may not get built because I have too many things going on and I have to waste time sleeping.:rolleyes:
A machinist friend of mine builds steampunk USB memory sticks that are amazing! You could look into doing something like that. Takes up less space than lamps!
 
I guess you could make anything Steampunk.
The light over my reef tank is accidently Steampunk as it is all copper.




 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new