Tank birthday, 47+ years

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about something to not talk about. I'm in Arkansas for work, north of Memphis and next to absolutely nothing. Indoor plumbing is sketchy and the internet is brutally inconsistent.

So in this context, you could imagine how I felt when someone wanted to go to a local seafood restaurant. Umm... really? I'm all about gut bacteria but that is a probiotic I don't want to risk! ;Wideyed

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, didn't you see the latest ReefBuilders article on sponges? They are all bad and must be annihilated with lasers. What bunk! Sponges have been around about as long as water. I love my sponges, would like some of yours but I'm in Illinois. You know, where every other Governor goes to prison. So too far away. Love the morning beach shots!

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Eh" Now thats a start. :cool:

I am so glad you are not in a coma. (Rybren just came out from one) :eek:
Almost. I've been spending almost all of my time at my cabin in the woods. No services, I can occasionally get a cell phone signal, I put in a solar system for power. My tank has been running on auto pilot since April. It could probably do with a water change.
I have a bluish-purple version of that sponge. From what I understand, they are photosynthetic.

Give Mrs B a big hug for me.
20191004_190618.jpg
20191005_121933.jpg

Last edited:

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been well thanks, Paul. I've been lurking in your thread when I can get on the internet, so I'm up to date on your various operations and comings and goings.

I don't have much info on the sponge, just that it grows like wildfire.

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Paul, currently in Sweden on vacation! Will be on long island in 2 weeks. I've been following along when I can and always enjoy your interesting stories! Keep em coming!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are why are you coming to Long island?

Rybren, that cabin looks somewhat like my Daughters house in Vermont. But hers is a lot bigger. It is also in the wilderness. Even the Moose are bored. o_O

Looks like a nice place to get away. WE moved out near the east end of Long Island to get away also but the crowds are following. Especially now when everyone is coming out to pick pumpkins and go to all the fall festivals. I can't complain because I used to be one of those people who did that. Now I wish they would stay home.

In a few weeks it will be dead here.

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Me and my wife are coming on the 25th for the weekend to attend a family function. We will be in Suffolk county until Monday when we head back home to the virgin islands.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rybren, that cabin looks somewhat like my Daughters house in Vermont. But hers is a lot bigger. It is also in the wilderness. Even the Moose are bored. o_O

Most dog houses are bigger than my cabins
:rolleyes:

The log cabin is 525 sqft and the white one is about 450 sqft.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the name of that sponge (Collospongia auris ) It seems to come from the Great Barrier Reef and it is semi invasive. It does grow fast but I can trim it pretty easily. It is photosynthetic which is weird for a sponge. I assume it also filters water like all other sponges. There is probably 5 lbs of it in my tank and it is really nice looking, kind of like blue Montipora so if anyone wants some, let me know.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tony, Thanks for ordering my book. I hope you enjoy it. Stephen King was my Ghost writer.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems my 24 hour worm bath did nothing to eliminate of drown flies. As a matter of fact, I think there are more flies now than before and if I look close I could swear they have SCUBA fins on.

Now i will try a 48 hour "bath" and if that doesn't work I will just collect all the worms I can and make a new culture. I don't want to do that because it will take forever to collect a lot of worms with no dirt as I feel fly larvae or eggs may get into my new culture. Maybe I will just play RAP music near the worms and see if the flies croak first.
Before me anyway. ;Wideyed

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We went to this very cool restaurant on the Ocean Last night. This was the closest restaurant I have ever seen on the water that was not a boat. The windows are "foggy" because the salt water is practically crashing on them and they have to wash them every day. (every hour would be better) It was to rough to get out there because you would get washed away as the waves go under the place.

The food was fantastic and the Chef just got in from Italy the night before with new recipes.

It is about a half hour from my house and I will be going there quite often. :cool:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just made a bunch of great apple/bananna pancakes and I am waiting for my wife and our neighbors/best friends to get up before I eat all of them. To make them correctly, first you have to go out in the cold and pick the apples the deer didn't bite.
It's a little far to go and pick bananas so I had to buy them. :rolleyes:

I also added a port wine reduction to the topping which is cooked, chopped apples with cinnamon, cloves and truffle honey. I love to cook, because I love to eat. :cool:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fudsey, Thank you,, I hope you enjoy the parts about the Supermodels. :p

The Books are "flying" off the shelves and Amazon had to buy a large tract of land just to get more trees for paper.

OK, maybe not that severe, but they are selling and I hope people enjoy them.

The MS Society should be happy because as I said 100% of the profits are going to them and I am getting Zippo. ;Wideyed

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back