OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It works the same on them but aiptasia's are smarter than Majano's in that they can retract into tiny holes so you can't corrode the animal as good. Mojano's turn into snot. ;Drool

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I invented and patented it. I also have a patent on a seahorse feeder. :cool:

( 2 of 2 )​
United States Patent
Baldassano
October 15, 2013
Salt water kill of a soft tissue organism

Abstract
According to aspects described herein, there is disclosed an apparatus for killing a soft tissue organism in a salt water environment. The apparatus includes an elongate tubular housing, a probe and a conductive element. The elongate tubular housing reaches from outside a salt water environment to at least a portion of a soft tissue organism disposed within the salt water environment. The elongate tubular housing includes a proximal end and a distal end. The probe targets the soft tissue organism, The probe protrudes from the distal end of the housing, wherein the probe is exposed to the salt water environment when the distal end is submerged therein. The conductive element is rigidly supported by the housing between the distal end and the proximal end. The conductive element is exposed to the salt water environment when the housing distal end is submerged therein. The probe and the conductive element being operatively coupled to a source of electric current, such that the salt water environment provides a circuit coupling between the probe and the conductive element for killing the soft tissue organism.

Inventors:​
Baldassano; Paul N. (New Hyde Park, NY)​
Applicant:​
Name​
City​
State​
Country​
Type​

Baldassano; Paul N.

New Hyde Park

NY​

US​
Family ID:​
Appl. No.:​
13/012,579
Filed:​
January 24, 2011
Prior Publication Data
Document Identifier
Publication Date
US 20120188680 A1​
Jul 26, 2012​

Last edited:

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I invented and patented it. I also have a patent on a seahorse feeder. :cool:

( 2 of 2 )​
United States Patent
Baldassano
October 15, 2013
Salt water kill of a soft tissue organism

Abstract
According to aspects described herein, there is disclosed an apparatus for killing a soft tissue organism in a salt water environment. The apparatus includes an elongate tubular housing, a probe and a conductive element. The elongate tubular housing reaches from outside a salt water environment to at least a portion of a soft tissue organism disposed within the salt water environment. The elongate tubular housing includes a proximal end and a distal end. The probe targets the soft tissue organism, The probe protrudes from the distal end of the housing, wherein the probe is exposed to the salt water environment when the distal end is submerged therein. The conductive element is rigidly supported by the housing between the distal end and the proximal end. The conductive element is exposed to the salt water environment when the housing distal end is submerged therein. The probe and the conductive element being operatively coupled to a source of electric current, such that the salt water environment provides a circuit coupling between the probe and the conductive element for killing the soft tissue organism.

Inventors:​
Baldassano; Paul N. (New Hyde Park, NY)​
Applicant:​
Name​
City​
State​
Country​
Type​

Baldassano; Paul N.

New Hyde Park

NY​

US​
Family ID:​
Appl. No.:​
13/012,579
Filed:​
January 24, 2011
Prior Publication Data

Document Identifier
Publication Date
US 20120188680 A1​
Jul 26, 2012​

Very cool... where’s the Porsche that usually comes with great inventions... you already have a supermodel I guess...

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The denitrator thing is a sulphur denitrator. Water flows through it very slow and bacteria grows on the sulphur that eats nitrates, simple. :cool:

Very cool... where’s the Porsche that usually comes with great inventions... you already have a supermodel I guess...

A Porsche is not an American car so I won't own one. :oops:

I don't care what country Supermodels come from. I like them all. :p

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few weeks ago my wife gives me this stuff you are supposed to spray in the shower to disinfect the walls and glass doors.

Yesterday I decided to use it. after I took a shower. It is strong stuff and you can't stay in there as it smells like nerve gas.

Anyway, after I used it I accidentally left it in the shower and by mistake put my liquid soap away. My liquid soap comes in a bottle that looks similar to that disinfectant stuff.
(I think you know where I am going with this)

So this morning I get into the shower and pick the stuff up and spray myself.
It is like a mixture of Clorox, Battery acid and riot gas. It wasn't pretty. ;Drool

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this morning I get into the shower and pick the stuff up and spray myself.
It is like a mixture of Clorox, Battery acid and riot gas. It wasn't pretty. ;Drool
So what you are saying is that it reminds you of your Army days, right? :p

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also noticed when we came home that just about all the "sticks" (acropora frags) I bought 2 weeks ago bleached.

Actually all of those "Sticks" recovered except for one, which croaked. The rest of them look fine, which surprised the moose out of me. ;Bucktooth

Just ordered your book. Really looking forward to read it

Tony, did you read my book yet? All you really need to read is the Foreword that my Daughter wrote as she is the writer in the family.

Just ordered your book, can't wait to read about supermodels and fish tanks ;)

Fudsey, Ditto. See above.

Paul that blue sponge is looking great.
Very cool you are donating all the profits to MS. I will be ordering your book then I need to drive to get it signed by the legend along with complimentary blue sponge

I don't know what legend you will find as there are no Supermodels here right now, but If you come by I will give you all of that blue sponge that you want. :cool:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is doing really well, even my wife came and said that and she didn't even know we had a fish tank. :cool:

I have life all over the place as well as some cyano which I think looks kind of nice. All the corals are trying to reach the ceiling and the fish can't smile any broader. I think my young watchmans are spawning, or watchman and watchgirl.
I want to be PC just in case there are any Snowflakes that mistakenly fell into this thread.

I think my experimental Sodium De-nitrifier is working, or at least it looks cool. My algae scrubber that is hanging over the tank is growing algae. But I changed the grow bulb to a red bulb which was a mistake. The stuff grows much better with the normal bulb.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am all excited, I got a rare look at my Janss pipefish as he never comes out. He must have thought I was out of town.
I never expected this guy to live this long as they are considered difficult. He did bite my male bluestripe almost in half, but besides that he is a great and beautiful fish. If you could ever see him of course.

I also finished (almost) my fireplace. The entire structure is on wheels and I can move it away from the wall in case I want to hide back there. All I have left to do, if I decide to do it, is to add hydraulics to that stone below the hearth so it lifts up to store stuff. It's about 400lbs and almost 10' long so I am not sure I want to do it or not.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am all excited, I got a rare look at my Janss pipefish as he never comes out. He must have thought I was out of town.
I never expected this guy to live this long as they are considered difficult. He did bite my male bluestripe almost in half, but besides that he is a great and beautiful fish. If you could ever see him of course.

I also finished (almost) my fireplace. The entire structure is on wheels and I can move it away from the wall in case I want to hide back there. All I have left to do, if I decide to do it, is to add hydraulics to that stone below the hearth so it lifts up to store stuff. It's about 400lbs and almost 10' long so I am not sure I want to do it or not.

Very nicely done sir!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to bite the bullet and order a new culture of white worms. And I really hate biting bullets.
My old culture is just to old and the flies and Godzilla larvae over took the thing and are eating all the worm food.
If I had a small lizard I could easily keep him fed with these flies but I have no place for a lizard right now so I will just dump the entire culture in the dumpster so those flies can fight with the flies already in the dumpster. It will look like Star Wars in there. .

I wanted to order them before it got to cold because I doubt they ship them in an insulated container. As it is they may freeze before they get here anyway but they are not that expensive.

My old culture may be 10 years old so maybe the worms are Geezers and can't fight flies. :eek:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got up at 5:00 today and baked some really nice looking apple, nut muffins. I get bored in the morning waiting for the world to get up so I have to do something and my fish don't want to be bothered.
I will invite my neighbors (and best friends) over for breakfast because they are snow birds and will be heading back this week to "Sissy land" I mean the Florida Keys for the winter. :cool:

Soon we will be getting real Man weather with snow and all.

I would like to collect water at least once more before it freezes and this time of the year it is tough as the sea is angry and very rough. I take it from shore and will probably get soaked. But I am a Man so it doesn't matter :p I just have to go a few hundred yards from here to the sea.

My tank is doing really well but a lot of people wouldn't like it as it has some cyano, a little algae and the tips of some of the SPS bleached. That is fine and just the way it is in the sea. It is very natural, the corals fight each other and some win and some lose. My pistol shrimp makes a lot of noise because my purple psudo keeps trying to eat him and he will have none of that. He sounds like he could break the glass which is difficult for a 3/4" crustacean.

I don't like a pristine reef tank as that is not the way Mother Nature designed it. I also have quite a few flatworms which are just free life. I am sure a few of my fish are feasting on them because 3 of my fish are so fat, they can hardly swim and I rarely see them eat. The flatworms are sun bathers and contrary to popular opinion don't hurt anything. Of course there are some species of them that cover corals so we need to make sure what kind we have, if any. But the reefs all over the world house flatworms and a lot of fish eat them. I would never use Flatworm exit or any other chemical for sun bathing flatworms. If I had Godzilla Larvae, I may use something, maybe Alka Seltzer.

Of course I never dip any corals as I think that is just silly.

I didn't collect one amphipod this summer. Amphipod collecting in my new home isn't very productive and it is mostly sand here. You need rocks for amphipods so next year I may have to take a trip to the old neighborhood to do some collecting.

My muffins are ready,, Have a great day ;)

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biting bullets is never a good thing, they can ruin your teeth and more if one was to.go off while biting it, then you would have no teeth to bite.
However, I bit the bullet 3 weeks ago, sold my RSR250 and bought a much bigger D&D1500s pro reef tank. The Reefer was just too snowflakey and the D&D is a real geezers tank. It's coming on quite well but will take time.
20191027_151321.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sold my RSR250 and bought a much bigger D&D1500s pro reef tank.

I have no idea what that is. I think it's over my pay grade as I speak in 2 X 4s, light bulbs, shovels and cro bars. ;Wacky

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning my wife and I went to the Supermarket. We didn't see any Supermodels but as she was picking through eggplants, tomatoes and whatever I got bored and went over to the coffee machine where they also have a few tables.

There were three nice looking Ladies there and they were laughing and having a good time. A white Lady, a Black Lady and a Middle Eastern Lady. They asked my name and I said "Paul". They said Oh, like the Saint. Then they invited me to sit with them. They were very nice and friendly I was thinking, "I still got it."

Then they gave me one of those "Jehovah's Witness" Booklets and I realized, I got nothing. :confused:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back