Tank birthday, 47+ years

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brew, I am so glad you sometimes read my posts. Historically Mods or Staff members don't read what I write for fear I will say something so politically, religious, sexist, not PC or just to far out there to be in the public domain. It could happen because I am old but my friend Moses is older.

A fact: Did you now that Moses was the first one to download tablets from the cloud. :rolleyes:

For instance, I used to mix clams and worms with plaster of Paris and feed it to my reef. Yes i did.

I also like to use bricks under my rocks or feed frozen bananas to moorish Idols. Maybe they think it's a sponge, but they eat it.
I started my tank by adding garden soil. :cool:

All those must have been better than tuffa rock we used to use Paul.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My copperband muscling in on the open muscle I feed daily.
20191121_152711.jpg
20191121_152642.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is. It only lives a few months but it's free so who cares. :cool:

qnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing. I was born in the same year that you started your tank. Your tank may outlive me!

Thank you for your service in Vietnam. My dad was a field surgeon for the South. He spent his lifetime treating vets as a spinal cord surgeon. He is now retired from the VA, but I owe him and guys like you for the life that I have today.

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with you a 100%! I do the same routine every time I get any fish as per what you've already been doing for centuries :p
I don't check salinity or temperature just temp acclimate 10 minutes then poor a coffee cup of tank water in bag wait 10 more minutes then dump. I am not as old as your tank but I haven't lost any fish this way either.

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question in line with your no quarantine stance. Do you dip corals, acclimate or just drop in tank?

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All those must have been better than tuffa rock we used to use Paul.
I setup a quarantine/observation tank with some tuffa and crushed coral from my last tank. I fiquered the fish would like it better than a PVC pipe.

Been lugging that stuff around for the past twenty years. The tank was fish only with reverse flow undergravel. Still lugging around the tank as well. A 55 gallon All-glass, it's currently sitting in the garage.

Keeping the quarantine/observation tank up is no longer an option (really don't have room for it), so my next fish will be going straight into the display.

Currently fishless, so I'm not sure what it achieved anyway.

IMG_20190507_182131420.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those fish look a little lonely.

Back