Tank birthday, 47+ years

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new copperband is swimming in the front now but still not eating. I also notice he has a blank look on his face which is not a good sign.

OK, if you stopped laughing, I am actually serious. Eventually, and if there is a little something wrong with you, maybe PTSD you can tell by the expression on a fishes face almost what they are thinking and mine seems drugged and maybe he was.

I doubt this fish will ever eat and I think he was drugged when he was collected or soon afterward. He also may have been in to strong a dose of some kind of meds that these wholesalers ship fish in.

He is not focusing. A healthy copperband will be looking closely at things for worms. Their eyes will aim slightly forward and you can tell they are thinking about something. This one is not focusing and I can tell he is swimming without thought.
Shoot me. :p
Maybe he had some oregano

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching fish behavior is the best way to pick healthy fish from the store. The ones that float belly up are the ones you should leave with the store lol. Corkscrewing through the water is a bad sign as well. Banging their heads on the glass or trying to jump out of the tank is a warning as well.

Fish should be inquisitive and checking out their tanks for food opportunities! Eye movement and awareness of surroundings is a good sign. Normal gill movement is a great sign as well. Healthy fish just about tell you they passed their last check up at Walter Reed just like a presidential candidate.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one I didn't see before I bought him. I just told the guy to bag him as my wife wasn't good and she was in the car so I had to get right home. If I would have looked at this fish for 2 minutes, I would not have bought him.

My wife and I just got back from donating a couple of dozen bagels to the local hospital. We have great bagels here in NY and dozens of varieties.

The hospital put out an E Mail to the local residents that their staff of about 100 are working around the clock and can't go home because they are all quarantined due to taking care of virus cases. We have over 1,000 cases here on eastern Long Island and the staff can't get out to eat.

They are getting black and blue on their faces from constantly wearing the masks. Tonight I think we are going to donate pizza's because I feel for these people and I feel I want to do something.
I am lucky that I don't have to work any more so I don't depend on a pay check, but I know many people are feeling the effects of this.

Maybe the hospitals where you live could use something.

I also made us hand sanitizers as we can't get any. I just cut up a bunch of paper towels and put them in a small Tupperwear container with a cover and poured some rubbing alcohol on it. They stay wet almost forever if you cover it.

I don't have much rubbing alcohol so when I run out, I will use Vodka which I can still buy and just did.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one I didn't see before I bought him. I just told the guy to bag him as my wife wasn't good and she was in the car so I had to get right home. If I would have looked at this fish for 2 minutes, I would not have bought him.

My wife and I just got back from donating a couple of dozen bagels to the local hospital. We have great bagels here in NY and dozens of varieties.

The hospital put out an E Mail to the local residents that their staff of about 100 are working around the clock and can't go home because they are all quarantined due to taking care of virus cases. We have over 1,000 cases here on eastern Long Island and the staff can't get out to eat.

They are getting black and blue on their faces from constantly wearing the masks. Tonight I think we are going to donate pizza's because I feel for these people and I feel I want to do something.
I am lucky that I don't have to work any more so I don't depend on a pay check, but I know many people are feeling the effects of this.

I also made us hand sanitizers as we can't get any. I just cut up a bunch of paper towels and put them in a small Tupperwear container with a cover and poured some rubbing alcohol on it. They stay wet almost forever if you cover it.

I don't have much rubbing alcohol so when I run out, I will use Vodka which I can still buy and just did.
Very good of you Paul, we are in regular contact with some of the vulnerable neighbours here seeing if they need anything etc.
BTW we have been told vodka is not good enough as the alcohol content isnt high enough to kill the virus. Apparently you need 60% or above and vodka at least high doesn't contain a hight enough %.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Vodka I have is 80 proof so it is 40% alcohol which is why I take it internally, It doesn't kill the virus but gets them woozy so they get drunk and fall off.
Sort of like fresh water dipping for ich.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are all good. Some of us are just better looking. :cool:

People are dying and I can't help them, but we can at least try to help the people that are helping them.
We all may be in that situation eventually where we need help.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Love your stories Paul. Keep them coming please. Praying for your wife. Had two great friends with MS.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do we find this stuff so fascinating. ( I actually posted this a few years ago and just made a thread about it. )

I don't know about many of you guys but I have been watching fish for well over half a century and today as I was sitting close to my tank watching every move of every tentacle I started thinking. Wow, I must "really" be a fish Geek. My wife hates it when I come to breakfast dripping salt water all over the floor when I climb out of the tank in the morning.
After all these years and countless hours peering at fish in my tank, in other tanks, on my plate, in LFSs, on TV, and while diving, everything about them still fascinate me and I never get bored.

I mean, I still like looking at Supermodels, scenery, my boat, my Grand daughter and did I mention Supermodels? Fish are such a large part of my life and always have. (wait a minute, I think I have something stuck in my left gill) It is in my genes as my family has been in the fish business as far back as history goes. I think they had a tank during the Roman Empire. Of course I do other things and have other hobbies, like bungee jumping. Yeah bungee jumping, thats what I do. I do that almost every morning before breakfast.

As I was looking at the tank just now, I turned off the pumps after I filled the baby brine shrimp feeder with new born shrimp. In a minute or two, the two mandarins stopped their eternal hunt for pods and made a Bee-line to the feeder.
Did the shrimp text them that it was dinner time? Do mandarins smell pods? Do they hear them? I don't see ears on my mandarins and I can't hear baby brine shrimp. Do baby brine shrimp make noises when they bump into each other? That is one of the mysteries about fish keeping that keep me up at night. (That and poking my head above the water occasionally to breathe)

The copperband butterfly also knows exactly when baby brine shrimp are served and he just finished eating a large portion of fresh clams and live worms so I am surprised he can still eat.
I turn on the pumps just for a minute to scatter some baby shrimp through out the tank, then again turn off the pumps. Now the fun starts because the zinia start pulsing as they sense the shrimp hitting their tentacles and thin tentacles pop out from every crevace. Tiny hermit crabs that I didn't even realize were in there set out looking for food that they smell.

The clams I feed are their favorite food, and they literally run in every direction until they find a piece, often crashing into each other. I wonder if they recognize each other, give a high five, remark on the new shell they may be sporting or just ignore each other.

The sheer number of tentacles emerging from every place is also a wonder. How do all these things ever get enough to eat? How do they know exactly where the food is?
It is not like I dump in a Happy Meal from Burger King. Food by necessity is kind of scarce, except at feeding time, and then it all is devoured as soon as it hits the water.

If I look even closer, I can just make out the tiny faces of amphipods trying to determine if it is safe to venture out for a bite of something. (After you have been doing this for forty or fifty years you can identify each amphipod just by the expression on their face). I collect them in the summer and dump them in, but they seem to like the tropical temperatures of the tank and even re produce. I find them in the skimmer bathing in the ozone infused water. So much for ozone killing everything and being so dangerous.

The large volume of bristle worms remain hiding but if I look under the rocks or in the dark recesses in the back of the tank, I can see them just chilling with each other. They know, that I know, they come out at night hunting for prey and that prey could be anything on the gravel from a clam to a freshly shed crustacean or a piece of chicken that a Grand Child inadvertently throws in the tank when you are not looking. I can easily trap them with my bristle worm trap but that is an ongoing task as these things have been in the tank from the beginning and the gene pool goes back to when Nixon was President. (He was after Lincoln)

Of course while I am checking out the tiny stuff the fish keep blocking my view, they just don't care. I have these two fireclowns that are very old, and they spawn. But even when the female has no eggs, the male keeps trying to push her into his pad (broken bottle) where he has been cleaning a nest since before Myley Cyrus was born. Way before. I can't blame him though, I would do the same thing, she is cute.

I had hermit crabs that also did that, but I am not sure if the larger one wanted to mate or just steal her shell or make interesting conversation. She was a cutie and very sexy with her above the knee shell and long eyelashes on her eye stalks. I lost them a year ago when they were about 13 years old. I am not sure if that is old for a crab, as Social Security doesn't keep records on them. But the male (I think) would chase the female, (not very fast) and he would push her into a coral, then jump into her shell. I always stopped looking at that point because I am not A perv, but I think they spawned many times. It is hard to tell with hermit crabs but that is what I think because I would then see him standing on one claw, leaning against a rock smoking a tiny tube worm.

My all time favorites are the pipefish. Such interesting animals that really should not exist. They are not fishlike at all, they are not even slimy. Instead of scales they have plates and they have an inner skeleton like fish and an external skeleton like a bug. Their toothless mouth has no real jaws but a silly flap that opens upward like a landing craft. The males have the babies (better them than me) and they have prehensile tales like a monkey. No stomach, just a short tube. If you cut one open, their insides look, and feel like styrofoam. I mean, Really! How did these things evolve?

Being a fish Geek isn't to bad unless you are in mixed company with a bunch of people you just met. Like last night, my Son N law opened a new restaurant and it was just for friends and family but there were quite a few people there that I just met. When they ask me what I do, I am not going to say I am a fish Geek and I put on magnifying goggles, kneel in front of my tank in the dark with a flashlight looking for amphipods and worms. Of course not, I say I am a Martial Arts instructor, test pilot, body double for George Cluney, secret service agent, Navy Seal or all of the above. I will be married 40 years this year and to this day my wife thinks I am Sylvestor Stallone's personal body guard and I haven't even told her yet, that we have a fish tank.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stole this from somewhere else but thought you might appreciate it Paul

“Mergatroyd" Do you remember that word? The spell-checker no longer recognises the word. Heavens to Mergatroyd!
The other day a not so elderly (I say 75) lady said something to her son about driving a "Jalopy" and he looked at her quizzically and said, "What the heck is a Jalopy?" He had never heard of the word jalopy! She knew she was old, but not that old.
Well, I hope you are "Hunky Dory." After you read this and chuckle.
About a month ago, I illuminated some old expressions that have become obsolete because of the inexorable march of technology. These phrases included: "Don't touch that dial," "Carbon copy," "You sound like a broken record," and "Hung out to dry."
Back in the olden days we'd put on our "best bib and tucker," to "straighten up and fly right." "Heavens to Betsy!" Gee whillikers!" "Jumping Jehoshaphat!" "Holy Moley!"
We were "in like Flynn" and "living the life of Riley" and people were accused of being a "knucklehead," a "nincompoop" or "a pill."
Gone are the days of beehives, pageboys and pedal pushers.
"Kilroy was here," but he isn't anymore.
You never hear, "Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!" or, "This is a fine kettle of fish!"
We discover that the words we grew up with, the words that seemed omnipresent as oxygen, have vanished with without a trace from our tongues and our pens and our keyboards. Poof, go the words of our youth, the words we've left behind. We blink, and they're gone. Where have all those great phrases gone?
Long gone "Knee high to a grasshopper" "Fiddlesticks!" "Wake up and smell the roses."
It turns out there are more of these lost words and expressions than "Carter’s little liver pills."
This can be disturbing stuff!
Leaves us to wonder where Superman will find a phone booth...
"See ya later, alligator!" "Okidoki."

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stole this from somewhere else but thought you might appreciate it Paul

“Mergatroyd" Do you remember that word? The spell-checker no longer recognises the word. Heavens to Mergatroyd!
The other day a not so elderly (I say 75) lady said something to her son about driving a "Jalopy" and he looked at her quizzically and said, "What the heck is a Jalopy?" He had never heard of the word jalopy! She knew she was old, but not that old.
Well, I hope you are "Hunky Dory." After you read this and chuckle.
About a month ago, I illuminated some old expressions that have become obsolete because of the inexorable march of technology. These phrases included: "Don't touch that dial," "Carbon copy," "You sound like a broken record," and "Hung out to dry."
Back in the olden days we'd put on our "best bib and tucker," to "straighten up and fly right." "Heavens to Betsy!" Gee whillikers!" "Jumping Jehoshaphat!" "Holy Moley!"
We were "in like Flynn" and "living the life of Riley" and people were accused of being a "knucklehead," a "nincompoop" or "a pill."
Gone are the days of beehives, pageboys and pedal pushers.
"Kilroy was here," but he isn't anymore.
You never hear, "Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!" or, "This is a fine kettle of fish!"
We discover that the words we grew up with, the words that seemed omnipresent as oxygen, have vanished with without a trace from our tongues and our pens and our keyboards. Poof, go the words of our youth, the words we've left behind. We blink, and they're gone. Where have all those great phrases gone?
Long gone "Knee high to a grasshopper" "Fiddlesticks!" "Wake up and smell the roses."
It turns out there are more of these lost words and expressions than "Carter’s little liver pills."
This can be disturbing stuff!
Leaves us to wonder where Superman will find a phone booth...
"See ya later, alligator!" "Okidoki."
Very good, many will think them as much use as a chocolate fireguard now.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know ... time has a way of moving quickly and catching you unaware
of the passing years. It seems just yesterday that I was young, just
married and embarking on my new life with my mate. Yet in a way, it
seems like eons ago, and I wonder where all the years went. I know that
I lived them all. I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my
hopes and dreams. My first girlfriend, my first real job, first car, first fish tank. I lived a good life, worked hard loved hard and traveled a lot.

But, here it is... the back nine of my life and it catches me by
surprise...How did I get here so fast? Where did the years go and where
did my youth go? With my hair I guess.

I remember well seeing older people through the years and thinking that
those older people were years away from me and that I was only on the
first hole and the back nine was so far off that I could not fathom it
or imagine fully what it would be like. Most people were older than me, certainly important people like Presidents and doctors. Now they all seem like kids to me.

But, here it is...my friends are retired and getting gray...they move
slower and I see an older person now. Some are in better and some worse
shape than me...but, I see the great change...Not like the ones that I
remember who were young and vibrant...but, like me, their age is
beginning to show and we are now those older folks that we used to see
and never thought we'd become. We used to talk about skiing, SCUBA diving, going down the rapids, girls, the war we fought in and now much of our conversations are about operations we had or are going to have, Grand Kids, IRAs, reverse mortgages and Old Tank Syndrome.

And so...now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared for all
the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability to go and do
things that I wish I had done but never did!! But, at least I know, that
though I'm on the back nine, and I'm not sure how long it will
last...this I know, that when it's over on this earth...it's over. A new
adventure will begin! Yes, I have regrets. There are things I wish I
hadn't done...things I should have done, but indeed, there are many
things I'm happy to have done. It's all in a lifetime. I still feel strong, but when I try to lift something that used to be easy, it is not so easy any more. I am a person that almost never asked for help with anything but now some things are just a little to heavy. I used to have no problem installing the outdrives on my boat, now I can barely wrestle them into my car. I think I am in good shape and I still swim every other day but aches and pains pop up every day and you wonder what you did to get them.

So, if you're not on the back nine yet...let me remind you, that it will
be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to accomplish
in your life please do it quickly! Don't put things off too long!! Life
goes by quickly. So, do what you can today, as you can never be sure
whether you're on the back nine or not! I lost many good friends in my life, some of them very young and some recently. Many who were very young in the war. As I get older and the people I know and love age with me I find myself going to a lot more funeral's than I used to. Almost all of the people who attended my wedding who were family instead of friends are gone.

My parents and all my Aunts and uncles I used to visit as a child are all just memories.

You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life...so,
live for today and say all the things that you want your loved ones to
remember...and hope that they appreciate and love you for all the things
that you have done for them in all the years past!!

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to
those who come after. Make it a fantastic one. LIVE IT WELL! ENJOY
TODAY! DO SOMETHING FUN! BE HAPPY ! HAVE A GREAT DAY Remember "It is
health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver. LIVE HAPPY
IN 2020!

LASTLY, CONSIDER THIS:
~Your kids are becoming you......but your grandchildren are perfect!
~Going out is good.. Coming home is better!
~You forget names.... But it's OK because some people forgot they even
knew you!!!
~You realize you're never going to be really good at anything that you were not good at before.
~The things you used to care to do, you aren't as interested in anymore,
but you really do care that you aren't as interested.
~You sleep better on a lounge chair with the TV 'ON' than in bed. It's
called "pre-sleep".
~You miss the days when everything worked with just an "ON" and "OFF"
switch..
~You tend to use more 4 letter words ... "what?"..."when?"... ???
~You notice everything they sell in stores is "sleeveless"?!!!

~Everybody whispers.
~You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet.... 2 of which you will
never wear.

~~~But Old is good in some things: Old Songs, Old movies, and best of
all, OLD FRIENDS!!

Stay well, old friend, and let
them laugh in AGREEMENT!!! It's Not What You Gather, But What You
Scatter That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived.

TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,
SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You is what you is, your unlikely to get any better.
Your children are a gift, grandchildren a blessing. I don't tower over my grandchildren I get down on my knees to talk and play with them. I have a difficult time getting back up. They giggle and think grandad is silly but they love coming to visit. I do magic as I find pennies in their ears, tell them stories and we laugh and play together. My eldest is 6 years old my youngest 18 months. I have 9 but 2 are in Australia so that's difficult.

I can look at my kids, (not kids anymore but grownup parents in their 40s now) and be proud I helped them be the people they are today and what they are achieving in their lives. They have better jobs than I had and live great lifestyles. Am neither jealous or envious just proud and thankful.

My 70th birthday was an amazing day with them all round for a surprise party, a beautiful new watch and a lot more. They have cost me the earth bringing them up but they have been worth every penny and more.

Love them all to bits. I will tell you one thing though. There is nothing better than when your grandchildren put their arms round you and kiss you.
You can keep your nsupermodels and I know you feel the same Paul not that we wouldn't enjoy and same from one now and again for sure ;)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atoll, that is true about children and Grand Children. We Face time them every day as they are the best especially now when we can't get close to them as we like to.

As I sit here self quarantining myself I have a lot of time to look at and ponder my tank. As I study it from the front and the back which I just scraped clean just to do something I noticed something that we rarely speak about.

We normally make our aquascape to look like something pleasing to us. But how do we know if the fish like it? After all, they have to live in it.
I think my fish absolutely love their home and if they had thumbs, they would be giving me the "Thumbs Up" sign.

Most of us (no one here I am sure) certainly look very ugly and scary to our fish and remember they can see us as well as we see them. They can also see our homes, TV, sock drawer kitchen etc. When we eat fish, I put a blanket over the tank so they don't get the horrors.

Anyway, I designed my aquascape with so many caves, nooks and crannies that I have some fish that I see maybe a couple of times a year. That may not be good for me but one fish that I saw maybe once a year lived almost undetected for 18 years. A Brutlyd or 6" cusk eel and I killed it by accident when I took out a rock and didn't know he was there.

Fish need to feel secure and if you can see them, they know it and don't feel safe. PVC pipes and flowerpots do not cut it and you may as well shoot those poor fish as they hate that. That is one big reason so many fish die in quarantine. It isn't their perceived disease, it is their surroundings.

My entire reef structure is built on a base which I built out of cement and the thing sits roughly about 1 1/2" off the gravel.
I can see the back of the tank under the reef almost everywhere and in that under space is an interconnected catacomb system where a fish the size of a mid sized copperband butterfly can hide while traveling from one end of the 6' tank to the other.

After cleaning the back of the tank a couple of days ago I discovered that I have two rainsford gobies, 2 green clown gobies, 2 six line wrasses, 2 possum wrasses, 2 gecko gobies and a pistol shrimp.
I didn't realize I had two of those fish because of all the hiding places I never see both of them at the same time.

You may not like this, but the fish do, which is one reason they only die of old age.

If you do any diving you will notice that there are very few, if any fish that will let you get with in a few feet of them before they hide. Great white sharks are one that let you get very close and personnel. :oops:

Fish like Hippo tangs love to jam themselves into a tight space just to have some "personnel" time which is why if you see them in a bare tank, they will be behind the heater. Mine is hiding right now and if I had to find him, I probably couldn't.
My 7" Janss Pipefish rests laying up side down on the top of a cave and my 2 Gecko Gobies have found such a secure place that I can say I never see them. I know they are there because if I "shoot" some live worms into their hole, Iget to see a glimmer of a fin or tail.

This system of caves (not just one or two) and hidden passageways is crucial for many fishes health and one big reason we have a disease forum because fish that can't hide are very stressed and stressed fish are the ones that get sick.
I myself am writing this from under a chair right now. ;Wideyed

This piece I built from real rock, dead coral and cement. This and two more like it form the base of my reef structure.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atoll, that is true about children and Grand Children. We Face time them every day as they are the best especially now when we can't get close to them as we like to.

As I sit here self quarantining myself I have a lot of time to look at and ponder my tank. As I study it from the front and the back which I just scraped clean just to do something I noticed something that we rarely speak about.

We normally make our aquascape to look like something pleasing to us. But how do we know if the fish like it? After all, they have to live in it.
I think my fish absolutely love their home and if they had thumbs, they would be giving me the "Thumbs Up" sign.

Most of us (no one here I am sure) certainly look very ugly and scary to our fish and remember they can see us as well as we see them. They can also see our homes, TV, sock drawer kitchen etc. When we eat fish, I put a blanket over the tank so they don't get the horrors.

Anyway, I designed my aquascape with so many caves, nooks and crannies that I have some fish that I see maybe a couple of times a year. That may not be good for me but one fish that I saw maybe once a year lived almost undetected for 18 years. A Brutlyd or 6" cusk eel and I killed it by accident when I took out a rock and didn't know he was there.

Fish need to feel secure and if you can see them, they know it and don't feel safe. PVC pipes and flowerpots do not cut it and you may as well shoot those poor fish as they hate that. That is one big reason so many fish die in quarantine. It isn't their perceived disease, it is their surroundings.

My entire reef structure is built on a base which I built out of cement and the thing sits roughly about 1 1/2" off the gravel.
I can see the back of the tank under the reef almost everywhere and in that under space is an interconnected catacomb system where a fish the size of a mid sized copperband butterfly can hide while traveling from one end of the 6' tank to the other.

After cleaning the back of the tank a couple of days ago I discovered that I have two rainsford gobies, 2 green clown gobies, 2 six line wrasses, 2 possum wrasses, 2 gecko gobies and a pistol shrimp.
I didn't realize I had two of those fish because of all the hiding places I never see both of them at the same time.

You may not like this, but the fish do, which is one reason they only die of old age.

If you do any diving you will notice that there are very few, if any fish that will let you get with in a few feet of them before they hide. Great white sharks are one that let you get very close and personnel. :oops:

Fish like Hippo tangs love to jam themselves into a tight space just to have some "personnel" time which is why if you see them in a bare tank, they will be behind the heater. Mine is hiding right now and if I had to find him, I probably couldn't.
My 7" Janss Pipefish rests laying up side down on the top of a cave and my 2 Gecko Gobies have found such a secure place that I can say I never see them. I know they are there because if I "shoot" some live worms into their hole, Iget to see a glimmer of a fin or tail.

This system of caves (not just one or two) and hidden passageways is crucial for many fishes health and one big reason we have a disease forum because fish that can't hide are very stressed and stressed fish are the ones that get sick.
I myself am writing this from under a chair right now. ;Wideyed

This piece I built from real rock, dead coral and cement. This and two more like it form the base of my reef structure.

Mother nature knows best Paul. I tried the new trendy minimalist scape but like you am an old geyser and I can bring myself to wear $100 Jeans with rips in the knees etc. What's that all about.
2 of my grandchildren came to stay over for the first time a few weeks ago. The eldest Nellie got upset with her mum when she picked them up and said why couldn't we stay another night, bless. I think the fact they got spoilt rotten while here may have added to it.
20200217_133224.jpg
20200301_153844.jpg
20200216_131714.jpg
20200216_125619.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Looking family you have there Atoll. :)

Ours "ran away" to their summer place on top of a mountain in Vermont where no one lives except cows so there is little chance of contracting anything except Hoof and Mouth disease.
They normally live in Manhattan where everyone is sick, even when they are not sick. :oops:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back