tank stand fan

phlibbyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living in south florida the humidity can be relentless, even in the winter... I often find myself having to open the stand doors to let the humidity out to get the tank temp down.

I currently have 2 computer style fans built into the canopy to keep the lights cool which work great. The back of my stand is open. I have a desktop style fan inside the cabinet pointing down into the sump but even with the open back stand not enough air is in there to release the humidity.

I don't want to add fans to the sides of the stand because I have stuff hung on the inside of the stand on the sides, plus I don't want to jeopardize integrity. My thoughts we to add a similar style computer fan I have on my canopy onto one of my stand doors to suck air in right into the fan I have inside the cabinet. With the open back the extra air will escape through the back.

Does anybody have any pictures of there stand with fans installed onto the doors? Afraid it will look crappy...

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living in south florida the humidity can be relentless, even in the winter... I often find myself having to open the stand doors to let the humidity out to get the tank temp down.

I currently have 2 computer style fans built into the canopy to keep the lights cool which work great. The back of my stand is open. I have a desktop style fan inside the cabinet pointing down into the sump but even with the open back stand not enough air is in there to release the humidity.

I don't want to add fans to the sides of the stand because I have stuff hung on the inside of the stand on the sides, plus I don't want to jeopardize integrity. My thoughts we to add a similar style computer fan I have on my canopy onto one of my stand doors to suck air in right into the fan I have inside the cabinet. With the open back the extra air will escape through the back.

Does anybody have any pictures of there stand with fans installed onto the doors? Afraid it will look crappy...

I'm sure there is some here that have them in the stand and can comment. I can't help, I've only got 120mm fans in my canopy.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could just put a small desk fan in stand and add a couple vents in doors or anywhere you want.
They also make small square window fans you could mount.

If you mounted computer stands in doors you'll probably hear them and need wiring that you will have to watch for.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.9%
Back