Tap water discussion

VLR3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get an Aquatic Life RO Buddie on amazon for $60 and make your own water.

BryanD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used tap water literally for years, its not HCL! Temporarily it won't be any problem, just treat it with dechlorinator.

Jimmyneptune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure your situation, but couldn’t you call LFS or message and have them fill a bucket for you. Pay via PayPal. Make an appointment, take a bucket with you put it out In front of the store and have them fill it. Watch for them to put it out and pick up the bucket. You could even sanitize the handle before picking it up. You could do the same with local reefers.
If the LFS supplies your water everyone else like you is in the same boat. Many LFS are considered essential services.
Unless you LFS is Petco, then I would get tap water from Flint Michigan first.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe use distilled water if you can find it? I know that I would not trust tap water in the vast majority of places in the world (maybe only Western Europe and developed Asia). I certainly would not trust my tap water in China. Better safe than sorry.

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure your situation, but couldn’t you call LFS or message and have them fill a bucket for you. Pay via PayPal. Make an appointment, take a bucket with you put it out In front of the store and have them fill it. Watch for them to put it out and pick up the bucket. You could even sanitize the handle before picking it up. You could do the same with local reefers.
If the LFS supplies your water everyone else like you is in the same boat. Many LFS are considered essential services.

^ This

Try giving them a call. LFS are essential services

OP
OP
Damian reef boi

Damian reef boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'll try thanks

VLR3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used tap water literally for years, its not HCL! Temporarily it won't be any problem, just treat it with dechlorinator.
But watch out. Water conditioner makes my skimmer overflow like crazy

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up to 100 TDS I wouldn’t worry in using it. If you can diy this filter it will help reduce the chlorine and some contamination in the tap water, try and make the water pass trough it the slowest as possible.

christian.f

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm Italian, our water is very good so take it with a grain of salt. I started my tank with 600Lt of tap water, with "basic" SPS and for water change, and seems they appreciated. Use bioconditioner 24h before use water.

L Sean Hubbard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on how much you need, you might be able to get away with using a Zero Water pitcher. They run around $30 on Amazon, and I'm sure Bed Bath Beyond also sells them. From what I've heard, it's able to get water down to zero tds, which is the same as an RODI unit.

mrstu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
buy a brita filter. It will be way better than straight tap water.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back