• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

TB saltwater poor customer service, sea ya.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have to say I was really disappointed with this company. Started with looking for Florida live rock, which had good replies from fellow reefers. TB was mentioned along w KP and gulf live rock. In the chat exchange TB Saltwater posted and said their site was a demo and they had liverock in stock. I chose to use this company because of their name recognition with me since I’ve been in the hobby over 20yrs, their past positive reviews, and the shipments are in water. So I decided to call and got the bee..baa.beep out of service SoI DM’d and emailed this was on 2/18. After going back and forth, waiting for a reply and asking for a call to speak with J or a rep they emailed “no” they wouldn’t call and prefer email. Why not make the call to promote your business. Why not take a new order if ur processing existing orders. Why not tell the customer you normally process orders a week out in advance. Just bad business really. Still baffled. Finally today, I guess they found the time to email me about placing an order which did nothing to accommodate my needs as a customer. Sad, maybe someone will have a better experience. Until then, Whoever is running that ship needs to promote better business sense along with an understanding of customer/ consumer needs. If not, there is a good possibility it’ll b where they collect their rock, on the seabed. Sea ya.

OP
OP
HudsonReefer2.0

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A non functional website, an unlisted number, only way to place an order is via email which would have taken 3 days and were not replied to in a timely manner, refusal to speak w a customer directly and not shipping to my residence but rather the airport at this particular time.

OP
OP
HudsonReefer2.0

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As business it should have certain minimal standards that can b easily met through proper communication and customer service. Just sharing my experience

LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was surprised to find this negative feedback, so dug back into emails to learn what happened.

Email History Follows:
  • 2/19 TBS
  • Howdy and thanks for reaching out on R2R!
  • Yesterday was a long harvest day due to intense fog and stone crabbers.
  • How can we help you?
  • The web site should be rockin very soon, and until then we are taking orders via email.
  • Air cargo is how we roll. Delta and Southwest are the cheapest, fastest and safest way to move live rock submerged.
  • Happy to answer any questions.
  • 2/19 Nick
  • Hi. Love stone crab. Can this b shipped to my door? No means to get at the airport. Also it’s submerged? Thanks. Sry for all the questions.
  • 2/19 TBS
  • Hiya Nick,
  • How many pounds are you thinking?
  • Where are you located?
  • Yes, we only ship submerged.
  • 2/19 Nick
  • At least 15 to 20 pounds I’m in xxxxxxxx. Would add on some hermits and snails.
  • 2/19 TBS
  • Hey Nick,
  • So, shipping more than 7 pounds submerged via UPS is expensive.
  • That’s why we like air cargo.
  • A flat rate, xL next day UPS box can fit about 7lbs live rock submerged. UPS charge $75 for this.
  • You could get 20lbs submerged live rock plus hermits/snails for $65-$80 with air cargo.
  • 2/19 Nick
  • I was really looking fwd to placing an order. Question how can another vendor offer 15pounds submerged w door delivery next day for $250. I would definitely do this.
  • 2/19 TBS
  • Hey Nick,
  • We would love to know. As you may understand, we have been in business less than 1 year. We began with local pick up only. Then we added Delta and Southwest air cargo. 98% of our business is aircargo. We have dabbled in UPS next day, quotes come in expensive and many times the boxes arrive damaged. The negatives of UPS is expense, longer delivery time and damage.
  • You can figure it this way:
  • 15lbs base rock submerged and shipped in 2 UPS flat rate, next day for $250.
  • 15lbs x $6 base rock
  • 2 $75UPS flat rate boxes
  • 2/21 Nick
  • J. Hi. I know it’s the wknd and there is no other way to contact u other then email. I would like to place an order for shipment tomw and Tuesday delivery 15 pounds. Please let me know if this is possible. Would like to give u the business. Thanks
  • 2/21 TBS
  • Good morning,
  • We schedule shipping days at least a week in advance.
  • 2/21 Nick
  • Gm. Is it possible to speak w u J ty. 20X-2X3-XXX.
  • 2/21 TBS
  • Email is best for us, how can we help you?
  • 2/21 Nick
  • How would I go about placing an order of some premium rock 15pounds to my door and when is the earliest shipping date.? Ty. Also is PayPal an acceptable for the transaction?
  • 2/21 TBS
  • Hiya Nick,
  • 15lbs nano premium? Or base?
  • 2 UPS next day, flat rate boxes?
  • Will need your address to confirm UPS and send PayPal invoice.
  • What day are you able to be home to receive the order?
  • 2/21 Nick (2:53pm)
  • Nano premium, I’m at XXX. I’m off the rest of this week and available to get the pkg any day nxt week proximity to work. Sooner would b appreciative
Nick R2R post on 2/21
A non functional website, an unlisted number, only way to place an order is via email which would have taken 3 days and were not replied to in a timely manner, refusal to speak w a customer directly and not shipping to my residence but rather the airport at this particular time. TBS Response Today: Yes, this was pre functioning website. Yes, in February, the only way to order was email. We don't have a business phone number because there are only 2 of us, so email is best mode of communication because we are often on the water, icehouse or running cargo. The plan was to ship UPS, but we wanted Nick to know that air cargo would save $. We did at that time and still do ship UPS to residences.

Nick R2R post on 2/21
As business it should have certain minimal standards that can b easily met through proper communication and customer service. Just sharing my experience TBS Response Today: This was pre-website. We were doing the best we could. As seen above, our communication and customer service was both timely and thorough.

Why post a bad review the same (day 2/21) we were discussing payment and shipping (2/21)?

I found no record of replying to your last email on 2/21. This was not because you wrote a bad review, but because the next day 2/22 was Jocelyn's surprise 22nd birthday party 3 hours away. We get ALOT of email inquires and orders. Nick's email got buried under other inquires and orders before we could respond. Nick did not email us to share his frustrations.

Nick @HudsonReefer2.0, why post a negative review the same day we were in communication about an order?
The TBS website is fully functional, we are shipping UPS and air cargo if you would like to place an order.

I have to say I was really disappointed with this company. Started with looking for Florida live rock, which had good replies from fellow reefers. TB was mentioned along w KP and gulf live rock. In the chat exchange TB Saltwater posted and said their site was a demo and they had liverock in stock. I chose to use this company because of their name recognition with me since I’ve been in the hobby over 20yrs, their past positive reviews, and the shipments are in water. So I decided to call and got the bee..baa.beep out of service SoI DM’d and emailed this was on 2/18. After going back and forth, waiting for a reply and asking for a call to speak with J or a rep they emailed “no” they wouldn’t call and prefer email. Why not make the call to promote your business. Why not take a new order if ur processing existing orders. Why not tell the customer you normally process orders a week out in advance. Just bad business really. Still baffled. Finally today, I guess they found the time to email me about placing an order which did nothing to accommodate my needs as a customer. Sad, maybe someone will have a better experience. Until then, Whoever is running that ship needs to promote better business sense along with an understanding of customer/ consumer needs. If not, there is a good possibility it’ll b where they collect their rock, on the seabed. Sea ya.

Reactions: T-J

LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back