Tell us about your annoying fish

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so when I get busy and don’t have time to defrost food I grab a piece of frozen and hold it in front of a powerhead to let it disperse in the tank. My sailfin always comes and starts eating. thats not to bad, but it’s pretty annoying anytime I’m trying to move a coral, clean, etc the sailfin is always in the way. I often have to physically move him/her. Cool fish but very needy. Worse than my dog.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Escenius lineatus, absolute nightmare but not for what you’d assume. This fish is on the edge of being my enemy fish because it pecks at new fish (I’m pretty sure he stressed my Pink Streak to the point of death) and took a liking to one of my dream corals, managing to basically kill it - an RD Joker Stag.
F49C9B9D-1E30-48B6-A390-5127F5F46C25.jpeg

OP
OP
A

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Escenius lineatus, absolute nightmare but not for what you’d assume. This fish is on the edge of being my enemy fish because it pecks at new fish (I’m pretty sure he stressed my Pink Streak to the point of death) and took a liking to one of my dream corals, managing to basically kill it - an RD Joker Stag.
I had a six line that bullied a smaller male clown to death. Obv that fish had to go. Stressed out my yellow eye Kole tang enough to make him sick and require QT with a female clown. #justsaynotosixlines

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read this thread title and instantly thought about your blenny.

I think it’s time to rehome him. You can’t think (pun intended) about giving up on your favorite SPS corals just for a blenny (at least get a pretty angel fish lol).

But seriously, you want SPS.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read this thread title and instantly thought about your blenny.

I think it’s time to rehome him. You can’t think (pun intended) about giving up on your favorite SPS corals just for a blenny (at least get a pretty angel fish lol).

But seriously, you want SPS.
So far, he hasn’t touched the Stylo or Yongei, but man I’m getting annoyed at him.
I had a six line that bullied a smaller male clown to death. Obv that fish had to go. Stressed out my yellow eye Kole tang enough to make him sick and require QT with a female clown. #justsaynotosixlines
it’s strange, this was the first time he had ever gone after a fish, he’s gone for coral but fish I think I’ll try one last time with this blenny before submitting to getting rid of him - I think it’s longer polyped SPS that he goes for. Unless he knew this coral was doing badly anyway.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got one or two that get overly excited at feeding time. They splash me, and after I clean all the water up and wipe the rim of the tank down they finally calm down enough to be fed. Then they splash me again after they're done and I have to clean up again all over.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
‘Nuff said…

In freshwater I’ve got a blood parrot that likes to jump out for food. Once he jumped out of the tank and onto the floor while I was feeding.

OP
OP
A

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
‘Nuff said…

In freshwater I’ve got a blood parrot that likes to jump out for food. Once he jumped out of the tank and onto the floor while I was feeding.
Only recently in another tank I have my female clown has gotten super aggro. when I put my hand in the tank it attacks. Yesterday it jumped out of the tank to the floor trying to get me. I used to be able to move it by hand.

guna24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Clarikii Clownfish. This fish bites more than a rabid dog. He/she use to grab everything if I put in the tank (food or not, does not care). My kid threw a plastic wrapper in the tank, and this demon grabbed and kept it under rock work. I tried to remove it, ended up with few drop of blood on my finger.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starry blenny for me. Great personality, he's just a little bugger!

Every time I feed frozen, he has to be the first to the pile. I feed frozen by just rubbing it between my fingers in the tank.

The blenny has to be the first one, always biting the frozen block, often times missing the block, and getting my fingers!

Of course they do not have teeth that can penetrate human skin, but still makes me jump every time.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns.... I spent 2 years and hundreds of dollars on anemone trying to find them a host. Now they barely ever come out. When they do, it's to bite me anytime I put my hands in the tank.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My royal gramma takes the cake. Little bugger dug a burrow directly under the rock, and put all of the sand on top of the rock. He is also sure to give the corals a light dusting every time he does some excavation. The best part is that he only uses the burrow to sleep at night, and only about a third of the time.

OP
OP
A

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My royal gramma takes the cake. Little bugger dug a burrow directly under the rock, and put all of the sand on top of the rock. He is also sure to give the corals a light dusting every time he does some excavation. The best part is that he only uses the burrow to sleep at night, and only about a third of the time.
C8D19EC2-27BD-4D09-AE67-FF4D24407D15.jpeg

Mine usually wedges himself in a crevice under the rocks

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it was my Undulate Trigger. It would rearrange all of the corals in the tank to its liking. Of course it would always ensure that the corals were upside down for good measure. Super glue was not a deterrent for this fish.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back