OP
OP
thomas_neil

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still haven't ordered it. Letting the wife get some stuff she wants first. I'm going with 8'x30"x24-26" tall the other dimensions I could get in the door, but more difficult doing it with the tank on its side. The front door is 36" wide, and the basement has a 34" wide door so it will be tight but do-able. Have to do a little demo to the knee wall on the stairs so that's why I'm letting my wife get some stuff she wants before I tell her I have some demo to do ;)

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm working on getting pricing for my new build and got quotes from 2 companies so far (waiting on a third from my LFS)

I've gotten a quote from Tenecor and Midwest Custom aquariums. Midwest is about half the cost of Tenecor and it has me wondering if the quaility isnt as good? I'm very tempted to go with Midwest based on cost alone (saved money can be put into better equipment, maybe a Neptune?) but can anyone share experiences if they have either tank?

How is quality?

Any warranties?

How has your tank stood up to the years?

Customer Service?

Thanks!
Just came across this. Half the cost? That's interesting because we usually are more expensive than most but not double. FYI, our web prices include crated shipping, lids and other goodies like internal plumbing and overflow caps. And then of course, not all fabricators are equally talented. Midwest is a good outfit though.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came across this. Half the cost? That's interesting because we usually are more expensive than most but not double. FYI, our web prices include crated shipping, lids and other goodies like internal plumbing and overflow caps. And then of course, not all fabricators are equally talented. Midwest is a good outfit though.
Tenecor good to see you back on R2R , I have been waiting to see a build thread on one of your tanks with the new stands . Let me know if you know of any please

RemedyPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tenecor good to see you back on R2R , I have been waiting to see a build thread on one of your tanks with the new stands . Let me know if you know of any please
As a new member here I’m still waiting for Tenecor to respond to my reply in his recent post about 40 percent off. I first got a response from Mark directly through Tenecor Email but he went silent. Almost two weeks later and it’s now day two since my first post on R2R. I hoped Tenecor would be more responsive than Planet Aquariums but nope not yet.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a new member here I’m still waiting for Tenecor to respond to my reply in his recent post about 40 percent off. I first got a response from Mark directly through Tenecor Email but he went silent. Almost two weeks later and it’s now day two since my first post on R2R. I hoped Tenecor would be more responsive than Planet Aquariums but nope not yet.
Where did they post 40 percent off , that sounds like a great pricing

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did they post 40 percent off , that sounds like a great pricing

It's only for R2R members. Hidden page. Sold seven already in less than a couple of weeks

Please, we do not use this forum for customer service. Anyone requesting more information can email us at [email protected].

All the best.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's only for R2R members. Hidden page. Sold seven already in less than a couple of weeks

Please, we do not use this forum for customer service. Anyone requesting more information can email us at [email protected].

All the best.
That is a great option for people who live close to your company, unfortunately I am in Boston but maybe one day I will move closer , and be able to take advantage

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last custom tank was a tenecor NEVER AGAIN. Bubbles in all the seams and wayyy to much distortion of the front which was way too thin... only thing they made well was the stand.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple of customer pics of the peninsula model. full access doors on all sides. A few other customers will be hopefully sending us builds soon. BTW, the tank in the pics below is not a Tenecor. It was built by a California fabricator. Our seams are much nicer.
2.jpeg
1.jpeg

Here is the new Pentagon Magnum Aluminum stand. This one took a bit of work to design.

Image (8).jpg
MAGNUM PENTAGON FRAME FRONT.jpg
MAGNUM PENTAGON FRAME TOP.jpg

But these stands are the new rock stars. Our STUDIO screwless wood stands. Selling a lot of these. >>> https://www.tenecoraquariums.com/collections/studio-all-wood-stands

Studio Stand - Open - black.jpg
They are inexpensive laminated particle board and are not intended to house sumps or other high moisture components. They are perfect for small starter tanks and our AIO frags and nanos.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please email him again. He's busy.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last custom tank was a tenecor NEVER AGAIN. Bubbles in all the seams and wayyy to much distortion of the front which was way too thin... only thing they made well was the stand.
Any pictures? When did you buy it ? Never really have heard complaints about them

RemedyPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please email him again. He's busy.
I’ll do that.
I should post a different thread about my LFS and Planet Aquariums lackluster response on my 10 month old glass aquarium which looks to have popped a chip off the interior corner. The surrounding panels look to be separating.
Maybe acrylic is a better replacement but after looking into the forums it seems less certain. Thanks for your other comments on this forum.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll do that.
I should post a different thread about my LFS and Planet Aquariums lackluster response on my 10 month old glass aquarium which looks to have popped a chip off the interior corner. The surrounding panels look to be separating.
Maybe acrylic is a better replacement but after looking into the forums it seems less certain. Thanks for your other comments on this forum.
Best wishes to you regardless of what tank you choose. Keep in mind that properly bonded acrylic seams will never separate. This is why our biggest competition is the used Tenecor aquarium. They last forever.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a great option for people who live close to your company, unfortunately I am in Boston but maybe one day I will move closer , and be able to take advantage
We've been looking into setting up another facility in the Nashville area. My wife is from the Midwest and would enjoy a change of scenery. Last time I was in Nashville was in the early 80's. Had a great time. But then it was the early 80's and it was hard not to have a good time anywhere.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll do that.
I want to share with you another tank. This is a custom 96x30x23 (that last 23 is usually 24) Dual corner overflows. Beautiful tank. It was crated and shipped to a customer by Yellow Freight. As it sat in the Yellow Freight terminal, Yellow declared bankruptcy. We ended up eating the cost of this one and replacing the client's tank. Then one day about a month later, this tank just "shows up" at one of our Arizona facilities. Uncrated. The remarkable thing is the only visible damage were two spots where the overflows cracked slightly at the side walls. Superficial and nonstructural. As of right now, it is the only "blemished" tank we have. We will probably sell it locally for around 600 bucks. Originally it was a $4,000 custom. This is how strong acrylic seams are.

Image (16).jpg

Image (15).jpg

Image (14).jpg

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to share with you another tank. This is a custom 96x30x23 (that last 23 is usually 24) Dual corner overflows. Beautiful tank. It was crated and shipped to a customer by Yellow Freight. As it sat in the Yellow Freight terminal, Yellow declared bankruptcy. We ended up eating the cost of this one and replacing the client's tank. Then one day about a month later, this tank just "shows up" at one of our Arizona facilities. Uncrated. The remarkable thing is the only visible damage were two spots where the overflows cracked slightly at the side walls. Superficial and nonstructural. As of right now, it is the only "blemished" tank we have. We will probably sell it locally for around 600 bucks. Originally it was a $4,000 custom. This is how strong acrylic seams are.

Image (16).jpg

Image (15).jpg

Image (14).jpg
That is amazing, how it just showed up .

RemedyPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Image (16).jpg

Image (15).jpg

Image (14).jpg
That looks like a steal. As for picking up, I’m in MA myself and couldn’t possibly make the haul. My retailer OSA out of RI has my attention at the moment I’m trying to be hopeful. You nailed my questions about acrylic thickness vs bonding strength and structural integrity.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 110 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back