Terrible thread badge

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think sometimes I get great ideas for a thread topics and I end up with 0 to 3 responses. I see other threads with non descriptive topics that have hundreds of responses. I think there should be a badge for horrible thread topic response.

Maybe I am not following. Are you saying the creator of the thread gets a badge for making a bad thread title, and that badge is basically punishment for not getting a response.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think sometimes I get great ideas for a thread topics and I end up with 0 to 3 responses. I see other threads with non descriptive topics that have hundreds of responses. I think there should be a badge for horrible thread topic response.

Bob - there is no question that what we deem important and what resonates are not always the same. That is part of the mystery and limitations of crowds. Any specific ones that you want to highlight as strong threads that may have been overlooked?

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's a topic that comes up from time to time and it happens sometimes because of the shear number of people posting topics and starting threads daily. I sometimes post to my build thread and get little to no responses at times. It's going to happen because of what I said.

It has nothing to do with who you are or the topic. What you could do is #reefsquad and we will come running to see it.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bob,
This is a great topic. I went and took a look at your threads and I think you might get more traffic if you work a bit on your titles. Viewers are attracted to catchy titles and sometimes the addition of a word, or omission of a word can make people come see what you are talking about. More traffic may = more comments?

For instance, the last thread you posted was titled "What’s in your sock?"

just adding one word: What’s That in your sock? might do the trick to increase traffic?

But I agree. I haven't done many threads because I was afraid R2R would start a "Your thread is bad_Bad_ badge" in my honor.

I checked your build thread, your tank is sweet!

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think IMO there is a lot of posting and (if not commented on) it will go right through the page of latest posts. Even with a bump or two it could drop straight to the bottom then off the page into the deep blue Abyss...it happens

OP
OP
Bob Lauson

Bob Lauson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I quite sincerely meant this thread as a very light hearted commentary. If my threads don’t get responses than that is 100% on me. I do find it fascinating (in a good way) what topics and thread titles get responses and strike the right chord with people. Thank you everyone who responded to this thread so far both as it was intended and to offer advice. The more communication the better.

OP
OP
Bob Lauson

Bob Lauson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bob,
This is a great topic. I went and took a look at your threads and I think you might get more traffic if you work a bit on your titles. Viewers are attracted to catchy titles and sometimes the addition of a word, or omission of a word can make people come see what you are talking about. More traffic may = more comments?

just adding one word: What’s That in your sock? might do the trick to increase traffic?

But I agree. I haven't done many threads because I was afraid R2R would start a "Your thread is bad_Bad_ badge" in my honor.

In my head, the topic “what’s in your sock” was an excellent take off on “what’s in your wallet”.

OP
OP
Bob Lauson

Bob Lauson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I am not following. Are you saying the creator of the thread gets a badge for making a bad thread title, and that badge is basically punishment for not getting a response.
Not a punishment just a light hearted comment about threads that the author (like me) might think are awesome but go no where. I really don’t think this should be a badge because it would easily be taken far too seriously and not on the light hearted nature intended.

OP
OP
Bob Lauson

Bob Lauson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bob,

Also I appreciate your compliment of my tank. Thank you

OP
OP
Bob Lauson

Bob Lauson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bob - there is no question that what we deem important and what resonates are not always the same. That is part of the mystery and limitations of crowds. Any specific ones that you want to highlight as strong threads that may have been overlooked?
No threads to highlight. I think the forum members interaction with any particular thread indicates the overall interest in the topic. I also believe there are some really good thread creators who have developed a well earned reputation and are followed on a regular basis due to their topics, their consistency, and help provided.

OP
OP
Bob Lauson

Bob Lauson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another reason I think people get a lot of interest in their threads is they are extremely engaged and responsive. I think this is a recent good example of a reefer whose thread oozes their passion and excitement.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen threads with one reply from a long time ago where someone revives it and it takes off. Perhaps it’s timing. Sometimes threads get buried. I know of threads of mine that never get traction but I don’t mind. If I’m asking a question and it doesn’t get answered, usually @Flippers4pups bumps it ;) Thanks bro!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back