Territory battles and pruning

reefermadness55

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2014
Messages
134
Reaction score
4
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As many of you know Xenia can spread rapidly, and so can palythoas. These corals have been growing rapidly and have recently collided. I don't see any discharge or signs of battle yet, but could this create an issue and pollute the tank? Should I attempt to trim/frag the corals as they get too close? Or would it be fine to let nature take its course?
 

Attachments

  • 1412397131306.jpg
    1412397131306.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 291
I have seen soft corals co exist.Eventually the more vigorous coral will over grow it's competition.If you see signs of melting or damage correct the situation right away.I construct makeshift barriers out of small rocks to keep things separated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new