OP
OP
Terry4505

Terry4505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... The plan is to pick this bad boy up on Saturday. Its 96x30x34, 430 gallons:

BAT2.jpg

BAT.jpg

Comes with the tank, stand, 75 gallon sump and Reeflo pump (which I will use as a back up). It's going to be plumbed into my system, and will be In-Wall, separating my fish room from the living area in our soon-to-be finished basement.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So... The plan is to pick this bad boy up on Saturday. Its 96x30x34, 430 gallons:

BAT2.jpg

BAT.jpg

Comes with the tank, stand, 75 gallon sump and Reeflo pump (which I will use as a back up). It's going to be plumbed into my system, and will be In-Wall, separating my fish room from the living area in our soon-to-be finished basement.
Nice addition! Looking forward to seeing what you do with that!

OP
OP
Terry4505

Terry4505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is off the truck. I teach high school social studies, and coach football, so I bribed the varsity football team with pizza and wings for their help getting it off the truck.

The original stand was steel, and rusty as hell. I am a bit concerned about the tank leaking. So it's full of water sitting on my driveway currently, as I watch for leaks. I might just reseal the seams as a precaution. Can I just go over the current silicone with a fat bead?

The stand is built. I made it out of 2x6s, it's 30 3/4" tall, and 42" wide, leaving me a 12" walkway on the back side. It just needs another coat of primer and some clear coat for water protection. I have to hire the football team to help move it into the basement some time this week.

Stand 1.jpg

Stand 2.jpg

That is about where it will sit in basement. With a wall built around the front side of it. I think the tank will jut into the room a bit, so you can see in the side panels, maybe 12 inches or so.

haanstang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you could put new silicone over old but unfortunately it will not stay adhered. Otherwise I would do it too instead off taking apart and resealing it.

OP
OP
Terry4505

Terry4505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is massive. 96x30x34, 420 gallons. The wall will be built around it, with the tank jutting into the room 20"s or so, so you can see partially in from the sides. I don't want to hide the side view in the fish room.

There is a crack in the eurobrace on the top, front. Do I need to replace this piece of glass?

It's a Miracles tank.

haanstang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a crack in the eurobrace on the top, front. Do I need to replace this piece of glass?

It's a Miracles tank.[/QUOTE]
I would... do you have pic of the crack

OP
OP
Terry4505

Terry4505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already removed it and am getting quotes to replace it. No need to mess around.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you made the right decision to replace the piece of glass. I watched the video, did you ever post the pic of the finger? Hopefully it heals well for you.

zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video Update:

Hope your finger is healing up... The new tank is going to make a great addition to your system. I always look forward to your monthly updates and your system is one I hope to be able to emulate one day!

How are you going to cycle the new tank without it disrupting the whole system? Cycle it separately and then bring it online?

OP
OP
Terry4505

Terry4505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope your finger is healing up... The new tank is going to make a great addition to your system. I always look forward to your monthly updates and your system is one I hope to be able to emulate one day!

How are you going to cycle the new tank without it disrupting the whole system? Cycle it separately and then bring it online?

I was thinking cycling the rock separate, then scape it, fill it, let it run, then big water change and open the valves to connect it

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back