Testing Instructions, do you follow them?

• Thread starter member 99594
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you know the test off by heart however, still use the testing instructions?

• Yes, use the instructions and could do without.

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • No, I just do it without.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Yes, still need the instructions.

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
M

member 99594

View Badges
So it occurred to me tonight that I pull out the RedSea test kits and align the instructions with the test kit and begin the process. Been doing this for two and a half years now. YES! I know how to do them off by heart but I follow anyway.

so, Now I am curious. Who uses the instructions as I do even though you could probably do the test blind folded?

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too! Well except my Hanna ALK tester and API ALK test since the're both one part

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having done literally thousands of water test over the years, I've stopped using the instructions for all of the common ones. I do, however, look them over whenever I replace a test kit because they do occasionally change them slightly. The only test kits I would use the instructions for now would be for something like copper (haven't used copper in 20+ years) or one of the other uncommonly used kits.

Salifert for me. If I were to switch brands, then yes, of course I would, at least until I knew the process.

OP
OP
M

member 99594

View Badges
I know every step by heart and still use the cards, it's more frustrating missing a step and having to do them twice than just glancing at the cards. You are definitely not alone op.

for sure. Or more frustrating, one of the drops does not go quiet like the others and you do the “shoot, will that be okay?... dangit you know you gotta start the test over.” Lol

Victor_C3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never have tested anything enough to remember any of the instructions.

In my current build, I bought a Neptune Trident and it will test the only thing I typucallly tested about once every 1-2 weeks, calcium.

I’ve never burned myself out with constant chores and I’ve never had a problem maintaining solid SPS growth in the past.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • None.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.5%

Back