• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Testing Waters, Whole Smash for 13K???

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testing waters before I take pix and describe all in detail to see if anyone would be interested in an ENTIRE setup, with supporting systems, for 13K.

Tank is a 250, 7-footer, custom.
Supporting equipment would be RO/DI (UHE setup); Genesis Systems auto water changer/topoff; Apex; sumps with pair of ClariSea filter units; pumps; saltwater mixing station, etc. etc. etc. Lights are a pair of 3-foot ATI T5/LED powermodules. Reef Octo external skimmer. Pair of Maxspect Gyre 350's, with ICV6 controller. Double jumbo BRS CO2 scrubber. What else? would need to check...... All rock and livestock.

20878 zip code (Gaithersburg, MD). I would help with breakdown, transport, and setup, but you would need to hire movers to get the tank up a flight of stairs from lower level where it's located.

Ken

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Obviously, one would not buy a car without seeing what it looks like first. May I suggest to post some pics?
It will give you the best response and consideration for purchase.
To me, its just a tank and equipment. With pics, its a system and/or someone's dream tank

OP
OP
Kengar

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
working on photos now. i was just trying to assess whether someone would even countenance such a purchase, but per replies on RC it's clear I should have done some pix even to see if it would be considered.

OP
OP
Kengar

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are pix. tank is 7' x 28" wide x 25" high.
file.jpeg
file1.jpeg
file2.jpeg
file3.jpeg
file4.jpeg
file5.jpeg
file6.jpeg
file7.jpeg
file8.jpeg
file9.jpeg
file10.jpeg

OP
OP
Kengar

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re tank, bought from Coast to Coast. (Due to CRAPPY CRAPPY workmanship, including chips and unpolished float glass that looked like SH***T, I removed original top bracing and replaced with Starphire, including a center brace not originally used.) It is 3/4" Starphire on ends and front. Stand is 2" steel, with wood skins. I set up for a Reverse Under Gravel Filter type flow arrangement using a closed loop setup. So water is pulled from the rear panel and flows down to a pump hanging below the tank, then gets pumped into bottom of tank through hole at either end of bottom of tank. Substrate and rock is supported by perforated plate above bottom of tank, with perforated plate, in turn, supported by about 100 1" acrylic cubes distributed across the bottom of the tank.

OP
OP
Kengar

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock is about 100 lbs of real from Pacific and about 100 lbs of Walt Smith maricultured from Pacific. Bulbs on lights are replacement set, just put in about three weeks ago after full burn-in. Lights are NOT wireless, but connecting Lapttop to program them is easy as could be. Two anemones, fish include desjardini tang, three clowns, bullet goby, hawkfish, orange spotted goby, and a lawnmower blenny.

There will be a lid from ClearView that they wouldn't let me cancel, even though they're still about a month away from producing it........

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back