Testing with velvet?

WilliamH2529

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2022
Messages
72
Reaction score
23
Location
Richmond
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I had a velvet out break in July and since then my tank has sat empty of fish and I plan to keep it empty until the end of September to be fully safe. But I have a question of when adding fish I don’t want to add them all at once and then they all get velvet again even though I’ve quarantined my fish this time and prior medicated them if I want to add one test fish how long should I wait to see if it develops velvet before calling it coast clear for the others?
 
I waited to day 76.
No no what I’m asking is once the fallow period is done which should be about 90 days for me so possibly overkill, let’s say I add one fish a fire fish for example how many days should I wait to observe it to see if it contracts ich before I add the other fish? I want to sort of use one fish as a possible sacrifice
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT FIRST SPARKED YOUR INTEREST IN REEFING?

  • I saw a reef tank that hooked me

    Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I was already keeping freshwater aquariums

    Votes: 29 42.0%
  • A particular fish got me interested

    Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Corals and inverts were the draw

    Votes: 13 18.8%
  • A friend or family member introduced me

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • The science and ecosystem challenge appealed to me

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • I stumbled into it… and here we are

    Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 9 13.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new