Testing with velvet?

WilliamH2529

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2022
Messages
72
Reaction score
23
Location
Richmond
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I had a velvet out break in July and since then my tank has sat empty of fish and I plan to keep it empty until the end of September to be fully safe. But I have a question of when adding fish I don’t want to add them all at once and then they all get velvet again even though I’ve quarantined my fish this time and prior medicated them if I want to add one test fish how long should I wait to see if it develops velvet before calling it coast clear for the others?
 
I waited to day 76.
No no what I’m asking is once the fallow period is done which should be about 90 days for me so possibly overkill, let’s say I add one fish a fire fish for example how many days should I wait to observe it to see if it contracts ich before I add the other fish? I want to sort of use one fish as a possible sacrifice
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new