That Random Nano!

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here’s another late night FTS :)
I have just sat and removed the two stickers that were beneath the ocean project one, the only big reason I kept the ocean project one is because I like the look of it.
C21CC9F4-DE61-44FB-BF5C-07EFFE5446F4.jpeg

Im thinking of bumping the fish number to get a bit more activity in the day, what unusual fish do you guys like?
liking The Ocean Project sticker :p

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
liking The Ocean Project sticker :p
That’s been on since even before it got put into my house, when it was picked up we put it on there :)

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well… You wrasse lovers like me will hopefully have a treat soon. I’ve ordered something rather rare for the tank in hopes the distributor has some left.
A clue is that it’s somewhat Orange :)

P.S. There is a plan for when it grows.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant give it away straight away haha
Too late! The only orange species in the genus gave it away :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Super excited for you! I hope it arrives in good condition so you can take it home.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too late! The only orange species in the genus gave it away :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Super excited for you! I hope it arrives in good condition so you can take it home.
So do I!
Fingers crossed there’s still a couple at the distributor (TMC). They had a gorgeous Negrosensis female but she was already about 3-4 inches so I didn’t go for her.

Any idea on whether you’ll attempt one at some point?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do I!
Fingers crossed there’s still a couple at the distributor (TMC). They had a gorgeous Negrosensis female but she was already about 3-4 inches so I didn’t go for her.

Any idea on whether you’ll attempt one at some point?
I won’t be able to any time soon. My Kuiter’s is too aggressive to risk trying to add another leopard.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the secret is out lol. I was hoping for a fairy or flasher but forgot you have umm….peculiar taste with those :grinning-squinting-face:

I really want to see the Choati! :D Dashes of orange across the tank sounds nice! Hopefully nothing bugs it. How have you planted your pod population?

Yk we like for surprises to happen as surprises normally do...;):grinning-squinting-face:You got too excited there by the looks of it lol.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the secret is out lol. I was hoping for a fairy or flasher but forgot you have umm….peculiar taste with those :grinning-squinting-face:

I really want to see the Choati! :D Dashes of orange across the tank sounds nice! Hopefully nothing bugs it. How have you planted your pod population?

Yk we like for surprises to happen as surprises normally do...;):grinning-squinting-face:You got too excited there by the looks of it lol.
My pod population is constantly replenished in both tanks :)
If there’s a shortage in one LFS then I’ll add the pods to my nano however we generally replenish both tanks on a weekly basis.

Flashers and Fairies are… Most are gorgeous (Nahackyi, Lubbocki, Naokoae, Cyaneus, Piscilineatus) but some are, well not as nice (Johnsoni, Octotaenia, Claire, Earlei).

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A rather annoying update;
My Rainbow Tenuis decided to RTN for no reason that I can find - my other Blue Tenuis is doing amazing and so are the other acropora
56177681-03E7-4664-AB95-F3DBEC5CBDEC.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out I still haven’t learnt my lesson from having countless other shy fish.
I haven’t seen my yasha for a good month or two (since the rescape) and was going to call him dead… Turns out during feeding he showed where he was. In the very centre of the rock scape and very well hidden. I somehow hadn’t noticed a huge crater of sand begin appearing at the base of my main middle rock. Although it’s a pain to get photos of him.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an update on the Choati a few minutes ago and unfortunately it isn’t a great one. The distributor (TMC) was out of stock of M. choati when the guy at my further away LFS went so I won’t be coming home with one this weekend unfortunately. I probably won’t grab a Helfrichi fire fish and will wait a bit longer for Choati to come back into the UK.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an update on the Choati a few minutes ago and unfortunately it isn’t a great one. The distributor (TMC) was out of stock of M. choati when the guy at my further away LFS went so I won’t be coming home with one this weekend unfortunately. I probably won’t grab a Helfrichi fire fish and will wait a bit longer for Choati to come back into the UK.
Bummer! It'll be worth the wait when you do finally get one

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer! It'll be worth the wait when you do finally get one
Totally will be! Fingers crossed I get one in the coming months. It seems they’ve surfaced a lot more recently and it’s not like only one comes in every 3-4 years anymore.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back