OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at this fluffy beauty! Only day 1 and he was already out half way to what he was at the LFS.
IMG_6042.jpeg

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at this fluffy beauty! Only day 1 and he was already out half way to what he was at the LFS.
IMG_6042.jpeg
That is a very pretty goniopora. Gold and purple?
Here’s my only one now.
image.jpg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a very pretty goniopora. Gold and purple?
Here’s my only one now.
image.jpg
Yep, gold and a purple/red, it’s a gorgeous colour and I hope it’ll be twice as pretty when it’s a nice colony.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve not really shown off my Blue Star in a while so here he is! In the last 2 weeks or so he’s began to transition which is a surprise as I got him 2 only years ago at 0.5” if not smaller. He’s now 1.5-2” and transitioning.
IMG_6140.jpeg

IMG_6136.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heading back to the tanks now and this week I’ve been having notifications saying my Kh has been getting drained. It started at its highest of 7.5dkh on Wednesday and then it dropped to down 5.00dkh half way through Thursday and now today it’s reading 5.21dkh on the 3rd test (the first 2 were sat in the 5.3-5.4 range).

Guess we’ll see if my clams have tripled in size or the reagent is a bad batch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the clams have definitely grown but the deresa has improved the most! He must be Atleast 6” long now when fully extended.
IMG_6502.jpeg

And a bonus of my Leopard.
IMG_6501.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really update on the fish/coral I’ve moved over to my 4’ tank in this thread so here’s a quick update!

Starting from the hammer to the fish.

My hammer has just bloomed in this tank! It went from I believe 8 heads when it was moved over in April to now 15 at the minimum. I absolutely adore this coral as it just looks so gorgeous close up and it didn’t get that appreciation in my nano.
IMG_6540.jpeg

Now for my Naoko, this thing is one of my most personable fish. He just loves it in the 4’ tank, and clearly recovered when I moved him over all wounded back in August last year. Unfortunately he had torn up fins and just really dull colouration, well now he’s made a full recovery and looks nothing like what he once did. He also now wants to be petted and held much like a dog when my hand is above or in the tank (even when I have my hand outside the glass him and my finifenmaa look at me and follow my hand).
IMG_6539.jpeg

Unfortunately my blenny passed away however it was fairly expected as he was an old specimem anyway. I’ve never replaced him due to the fear of risking SPS again. However I may replace him with a bimaculatus in the future. Here’s the last photo I got of him :)
1690925008496.jpeg

I don’t believe I had any other major swaps over, however the next one will be the Leopard (Hopefully not soon - He has yet to show stressing signs so I’m not too worried yet).

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really update on the fish/coral I’ve moved over to my 4’ tank in this thread so here’s a quick update!

Starting from the hammer to the fish.

My hammer has just bloomed in this tank! It went from I believe 8 heads when it was moved over in April to now 15 at the minimum. I absolutely adore this coral as it just looks so gorgeous close up and it didn’t get that appreciation in my nano.
IMG_6540.jpeg

Now for my Naoko, this thing is one of my most personable fish. He just loves it in the 4’ tank, and clearly recovered when I moved him over all wounded back in August last year. Unfortunately he had torn up fins and just really dull colouration, well now he’s made a full recovery and looks nothing like what he once did. He also now wants to be petted and held much like a dog when my hand is above or in the tank (even when I have my hand outside the glass him and my finifenmaa look at me and follow my hand).
IMG_6539.jpeg

Unfortunately my blenny passed away however it was fairly expected as he was an old specimem anyway. I’ve never replaced him due to the fear of risking SPS again. However I may replace him with a bimaculatus in the future. Here’s the last photo I got of him :)
1690925008496.jpeg

I don’t believe I had any other major swaps over, however the next one will be the Leopard (Hopefully not soon - He has yet to show stressing signs so I’m not too worried yet).
I’m happy for you :)

Reefdiculous22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve not really shown off my Blue Star in a while so here he is! In the last 2 weeks or so he’s began to transition which is a surprise as I got him 2 only years ago at 0.5” if not smaller. He’s now 1.5-2” and transitioning.
IMG_6140.jpeg

IMG_6136.jpeg
That is a beautiful looking fish!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a beautiful looking fish!
I’ll have an even nicer one in just a few days as I just had a message of my dream leopard being avaialable. Hopefully it’ll be here in the next couple days to a week or so.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll have an even nicer one in just a few days as I just had a message of my dream leopard being avaialable. Hopefully it’ll be here in the next couple days to a week or so.
Choati?!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know it!

Definitely looking forward to joining the group of owning a choati. Just the issue of eating to bypass as I’m sure it’ll be healthy and not have issues with parasites.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After going on a fish spree for the 4’ tank I’ve decided it’s time to get some fish into this tank. So I’ll now have a trio of something in the tank (with the one currently in the tank being an oddball) :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 128 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.4%
Back