That Random Nano!

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a squamosa and some crocea in the mix!!
I’ll consider the crocea. I don’t want to have anything on the tank bottom, so I’m going to avoid squamosa clams. :)

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll consider the crocea. I don’t want to have anything on the tank bottom, so I’m going to avoid squamosa clams. :)
Also, have you got an noae in the mix with your maxima? I’d love to see some photos of them :)

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, have you got an noae in the mix with your maxima? I’d love to see some photos of them :)
I think I do, but I’m not sure. I’ll try to get a photo tomorrow.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I do, but I’m not sure. I’ll try to get a photo tomorrow.
Hi. I didn’t forget. I am pretty sure I just have maxima clams.

I bought 3 maxima clams a few days ago. Now I have 11 in my tank.

Here’s a photo from one LFS’s stock. I bought 2 baby maxima clams. I also got a larger one from my main LFS.

IMG_7183.jpeg
IMG_7182.jpeg

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I didn’t forget. I am pretty sure I just have maxima clams.

I bought 3 maxima clams a few days ago. Now I have 11 in my tank.

Here’s a photo from one LFS’s stock. I bought 2 baby maxima clams. I also got a larger one from my main LFS.

IMG_7183.jpeg
IMG_7182.jpeg
I have never seen such colorful clams to buy here in europe tbh.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home with 2 colonies, One is Acropora millepora and the other is Acropora selagois/selago
Fingers crossed they survive! My tin levels aren’t as high but this week’s ICP will say what it is.
IMG_7860.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home with 2 colonies, One is Acropora millepora and the other is Acropora selagois/selago
Fingers crossed they survive! My tin levels aren’t as high but this week’s ICP will say what it is.
IMG_7860.jpeg
Also, if you’ve never had to travel home with 2 split bags let me tell you it’s not a fun thing to do.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7860.jpeg
GORGEOUS!!!!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GORGEOUS!!!!
That’s not even under the lights!
Here’s the Selago from under the LFS lights and the Millie and Selago under my lights :)
image.jpg

IMG_7863.jpeg

IMG_7857.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was googling milleporas yesterday. I think they are my favorite acropora species.
It’s hard to say my favourite but honestly, I think it’s definitely between Microclados, Milliepora and Carduus.
Variety wise and in terms of the most colour Millie wins for me. But growth wise I think it’s a win for Carduus (plus, I love the Red/Orange Dragon).

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to say my favourite but honestly, I think it’s definitely between Microclados, Milliepora and Carduus.
Variety wise and in terms of the most colour Millie wins for me. But growth wise I think it’s a win for Carduus (plus, I love the Red/Orange Dragon).
I think for me it’s millepora and tenuis. Going to my LFS now because they said they got millepora. Yes, I’m gonna QT them because they are mariculture. :D

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think for me it’s millepora and tenuis. Going to my LFS now because they said they got millepora. Yes, I’m gonna QT them because they are mariculture. :D
You’re better than me, those two are maricultured and I threw them straight in (but also, I’ve not had issues YET with maricultured corals).

I’d agree with Tenuis if all the pieces I’ve tried didn’t just RTN after 7-8 months of sitting with PE but no growth or colour improvement.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Spath is a good one but hard to raise.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spath is a good one but hard to raise.
Over here, Carduus is one of the hardest to keep as they’re a pain to even get ones acclimated to the LEDs.

Spath is one I’d like to try (same with gemmifera) but I’ve yet to see frags of them.

Look at this fluff!
IMG_7867.jpeg

IMG_7866.jpeg

And a certain yellow fish has taken refuge in the Mille, the pale yellow and deeper yellow look incredibly nice.
I also love seeing the potential under the glasses and filter. Most Sunset Milles are a solid yellow with green so it’s strange this one has some blue and purple in it.
IMG_7861.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as everything was going well… disaster struck!

I have no idea what has happened but the water is cloudy, some of my corals that were fine earlier and last night have bleached.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

My fish have been behaving weirdly - 1 pink streak is in the bottom corner and the leopard is staying low. My mandarin is barely moving, breathing but not looking too good. The other fish are not do be seen other than my Yellow Clown Goby perching on the rocks.
image.jpg

image.jpg

The Halloween Urchin is dying, if not dead and my snails are laying on their side (not dead but not necessarily alive either). My Fanworm looks shredded and unhappy.
image.jpg
image.jpg

My main fear is my clams are old/large enough to start the spawning events… the only thing I’ve changed was I swapped from AFR to Ph Plus.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just as everything was going well… disaster struck!

I have no idea what has happened but the water is cloudy, some of my corals that were fine earlier and last night have bleached.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

My fish have been behaving weirdly - 1 pink streak is in the bottom corner and the leopard is staying low. My mandarin is barely moving, breathing but not looking too good. The other fish are not do be seen other than my Yellow Clown Goby perching on the rocks.
image.jpg

image.jpg

The Halloween Urchin is dying, if not dead and my snails are laying on their side (not dead but not necessarily alive either). My Fanworm looks shredded and unhappy.
image.jpg
image.jpg

My main fear is my clams are old/large enough to start the spawning events… the only thing I’ve changed was I swapped from AFR to Ph Plus.
Bacterial bloom? What are your ammonia and nitrite levels currently? Maybe a Turbo snail or something died and caused a spike.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back