i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydroids.
I’ve seen one of my pink streaks nipping at them, I agree with them being Hydroids though. Most likely Hydroid Jellies.
I love seeing the new micro fauna start to grow in a new tank. Never understood why people hate the starting stages of a tank so much.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, next week I may end up with either this exact specimen or an LFS hunting down a just as nice specimen. This guy was being sold MUCH cheaper than they normally are sold for. The white specks in the dorsal fin aren’t ich and we’re just the air bubbles from water movement.
This guy seemed to be feeding happily and swimming just as nicely. Unfortunately the colours are duller but if I do go for this specimen then I hope I can try and bring back Atleast some of the colours in the dorsal and anal fins along with a richer golden colour through a nutrient filled diet.
682622E7-B6CF-4BEF-9189-CEA9D9B50EB7.jpeg

I have also decided that in the long run this tank will have less fish (To make the fish seem more exciting but also to let the coral have more growth room) however, those fish will be towards the rarer side of uncommon if not rather rare.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s close enough to the weekend for me to do an update :)
This week, I want to do an update on the Clam. I haven’t Updated the clam in a while and if I’m honest the reason for that was due to him going downhill. So, let’s refresh the memory;
I got a Tridacna deresa a few months ago, I believe it was in March or April. At first, the clam was doing great and pushing out some beautiful colours however the lighting of the Max Nano isn’t the best. So, he did start to lose the outer ring of Zooxanthellae on the patterning. And there was a few months of the clam not doing his best, the mantle extension was rather bad and not really going much past the shell rim at all. And then the shell was covered in algae and life and still is, honestly at this point it was feeling like I had a ticking time bomb before the clam died. I still tried to get everything under control (The heatwave didn’t help one bit) and eventually I gave up, the tank was essentially a death pit unfortunately. Then I upgraded and now it’s much easier to control everything and I’m not having to manually test as much or as often.
So, now let’s go from the upgrade;
The lighting is MUCH better for everything, I will admit I miss the white lighting however blues are good and so far all I’ve seen has been good news. Especially from the clam!
I will admit these aren’t the best photos (I’ll try to get better photos tomorrow or on Sunday when I do the water change). This clam has what appears to be doubled in size. The beautiful blue rim is back and most importantly, the mantle extension is better than ever. His foot is also down and he’s bur
610F21C7-C218-409F-BA06-06531F714DD2.jpeg

EB4158AF-6B38-464B-AF7F-E884761C84DC.jpeg

I hope you enjoyed this update :)
And if you’re wondering, yes I do want another clam but with the fish in mind (In the post above) I may be risking it just a bit. The species of clam I would go for would be either of these;
- Maxima
- Crocea
- Noae
I would love a Squamosa however, I would rather not have 2 clams that can reach over 1’ long at the same time.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And, an FTS that I took. If you’re unsure how I took the photo… Honestly, I never thought this would actually work but hey, it did!
image.jpg

Yes, it’s an orange tinted pencil case. This is how I’ve taken many of my newer photos, it doesn’t always work on the coral that are duller however my phone picks up the brighter coral better.
18E1AF90-6F9E-4401-AD05-75C860651F18.jpeg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And, an FTS that I took. If you’re unsure how I took the photo… Honestly, I never thought this would actually work but hey, it did!
image.jpg

Yes, it’s an orange tinted pencil case. This is how I’ve taken many of my newer photos, it doesn’t always work on the coral that are duller however my phone picks up the brighter coral better.
18E1AF90-6F9E-4401-AD05-75C860651F18.jpeg
Wow. I love the way your tank looks! Very impressive!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I love the way your tank looks! Very impressive!
Thankyou!
I hope that I can keep this one neater than my max nano was, because let’s be real in the end that became a dump. Nothing went as you’d think and it all just failed.
But now I’m still getting that growth rate from most of the coral and they’re all much cleaner :)

Last edited:

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou!
I hope that I can keep this one neater than my max nano was, because let’s be real in the end that became a dump in the end. Nothing went as you’d think and it all just failed.
But now I’m still getting that growth rate from most of the coral and they’re all much cleaner :)
Hope you come home with the specimen. Following along :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you come home with the specimen. Following along :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I assume you mean the multicolour Angel, I also hope I get one whether it is that specific one photoed or a different specimen.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou!
I hope that I can keep this one neater than my max nano was, because let’s be real in the end that became a dump in the end. Nothing went as you’d think and it all just failed.
Yes! I really like the clean look! It’s sooo much better!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wound up spending some more for livestock. Unfortunately I didn’t come home with a fish but I did come home with two Acros. One is a beautiful green and the other is I believe a tricolour valida. It’s definitely a valida however the name I’m not 100% sure on.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wound up spending some more for livestock. Unfortunately I didn’t come home with a fish but I did come home with two Acros. One is a beautiful green and the other is I believe a tricolour valida. It’s definitely a valida however the name I’m not 100% sure on.
You now I’m a sucker for pictures ;) :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You now I’m a sucker for pictures ;) :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Currently they’re in acclimation but when they’re in the tank I’ll definitely be getting photos!

Nearly went for a clam instead of coral (My LFS had in what appears to be a beautiful blue Squamie).

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That lens is a massive upgrade for this build thread!

Tank looks even better than I thought it did! :D
It truly is! I’m glad I found it in my LFS because now I can show you guys what I see :D

there’s still a bit of tweaking needed but the tank definitely is staying the way I want it and nothing too bad (So far). The acros I’m adding are beautiful and I’m extremely happy to be sharing the true colours with you guys.

Last edited:
OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure you guys will love these now!
My newest two Acropora. The first is my beautiful Valida and the second is one I’d love to get IDed. I hope you guys enjoy the Top Downs of both as well :)
004387A6-02F4-4ADF-BE45-67C60E016FC1.jpeg

195AFC8A-D1FB-4001-B1B7-25E02BFDA84B.jpeg

A2C0148A-FD97-426E-8CD0-0987889DD9D6.jpeg

7A485EF1-C3AB-46B3-8C1B-DCF068EB9414.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also today will be the long awaited Invert Update :)
yes I’ve included the clam as in reality it is an invert and I also had the chance to get a photo of its more accurate colouring under just the room lighting.
This brings me to my next point, this isn’t a full update as I have one invert which I cannot get a photo of today since he is in hiding. This invert is my Peppermint shrimp and honestly, there isn’t much at all to update him about.

First up, the Strawberry Conch, Conomurex luhuanus.
This guy has been thriving, a bit of algae has grown on the back of his shell and I’m just keeping an eye on it as it’s not doing too much damage as of yet.
This photo is him under the sand but hey, it shows some what a bit of their personality and behaviour. This guy does enjoy rock climbing every so often and he will use my hammer to get up onto the rock round the back (I’ve had to move my hammer further from the rock due to this).
60897D3B-E658-4D3B-BE35-C377366D5E3E.jpeg

Next up is my Fire Shrimp, Lysmata debelius.
This guy has put on some size and if much more explorative. His red colour really shines in the blue lighting. I’d love a third shrimp but I doubt this guy would allow a third.
291DBE19-CA11-4100-B556-736EAE79E57A.jpeg

Up next is my beautiful Harlequin Serpent Starfish, Ophioderma appressum.
This guy has seemed to thrive and appears to be healthy. Not showing signs of stress or worrying me at all. Although I don’t always see him, it’s nice when I do see him as it’s not that bad having an invert or fish that you may not always see. But I prefer that as it makes the tank have its own secrets much like a reef does.
6B5E09EA-6668-4CC1-A8AA-894D3D48F94E.jpeg

And finall, my beautiful Deresa Clam, Tridacna deresa.
I’m sure you’re all sick of hearing about this guy however I just wanted to share a beautiful photo I got tonight showing colours that you don’t see as well in other photos. I’ll definitely see if the new filters can pick up some of these colours.
F16CE87B-4C1B-4657-95E6-6C254BD85A52.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone wondering, I’ve added a link to my 4’ tank’s build thread in the first post :)
Feel free to check it out if you aren’t already following!

Water Change day today and I got a few photos of some more of my acros/SPS.
1C1C98C1-283A-411C-8ABA-4C5581AD0B96.jpeg

C6A2FDDA-E11D-4517-B3E2-2E0BB48879D4.jpeg

90366322-64D6-4BC1-A458-6961D4DD1F61.jpeg

4338DE1F-6B02-4286-BA9B-3DF89F59856D.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also today will be the long awaited Invert Update :)
yes I’ve included the clam as in reality it is an invert and I also had the chance to get a photo of its more accurate colouring under just the room lighting.
This brings me to my next point, this isn’t a full update as I have one invert which I cannot get a photo of today since he is in hiding. This invert is my Peppermint shrimp and honestly, there isn’t much at all to update him about.

First up, the Strawberry Conch, Conomurex luhuanus.
This guy has been thriving, a bit of algae has grown on the back of his shell and I’m just keeping an eye on it as it’s not doing too much damage as of yet.
This photo is him under the sand but hey, it shows some what a bit of their personality and behaviour. This guy does enjoy rock climbing every so often and he will use my hammer to get up onto the rock round the back (I’ve had to move my hammer further from the rock due to this).
60897D3B-E658-4D3B-BE35-C377366D5E3E.jpeg

Next up is my Fire Shrimp, Lysmata debelius.
This guy has put on some size and if much more explorative. His red colour really shines in the blue lighting. I’d love a third shrimp but I doubt this guy would allow a third.
291DBE19-CA11-4100-B556-736EAE79E57A.jpeg

Up next is my beautiful Harlequin Serpent Starfish, Ophioderma appressum.
This guy has seemed to thrive and appears to be healthy. Not showing signs of stress or worrying me at all. Although I don’t always see him, it’s nice when I do see him as it’s not that bad having an invert or fish that you may not always see. But I prefer that as it makes the tank have its own secrets much like a reef does.
6B5E09EA-6668-4CC1-A8AA-894D3D48F94E.jpeg

And finall, my beautiful Deresa Clam, Tridacna deresa.
I’m sure you’re all sick of hearing about this guy however I just wanted to share a beautiful photo I got tonight showing colours that you don’t see as well in other photos. I’ll definitely see if the new filters can pick up some of these colours.
F16CE87B-4C1B-4657-95E6-6C254BD85A52.jpeg
A better look at the mantle and those colours I was in about.
83513A82-ADE2-4D49-89DF-AE1B5BB6B778.jpeg

I will admit, I’m regretting leaving a beautiful young blue squamosa at the LFS. I may grab it when I next go there again if it’s still there.
Also, enjoy a photo of not one, not two but all three pink streaks! I will admit it’s not the best but they have their name for a reason.
AC65BDAC-344C-49F6-B09F-8C15900C10D6.jpeg

Back