The Angel Lovers Thread

GBRsouth

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi guys, I would like to listen opinions and regarding about the compatibility of several angels in 200G SPS tank. I already have 1 Flame, 1 Lamarck, 1 Bicolor and 1 Flameback. my Red Sea Regal is finalizing the quarantine and going to the Display this week. In addition to Regal, I would like to place 1 Juv Flagfin and finally 1 Juv Emperor. what do you think? Can they live together peacefully? My Flame is slightly aggressive, but nothing too much... Thx!

I agree with @Flame2hawk about the eventual size of the emporer. I'd add that the flagfin is a reputed corallivore. So if you add it document your experiences with it and corals together.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi guys, I would like to listen opinions and regarding about the compatibility of several angels in 200G SPS tank. I already have 1 Flame, 1 Lamarck, 1 Bicolor and 1 Flameback. my Red Sea Regal is finalizing the quarantine and going to the Display this week. In addition to Regal, I would like to place 1 Juv Flagfin and finally 1 Juv Emperor. what do you think? Can they live together peacefully? My Flame is slightly aggressive, but nothing too much... Thx!
I tend to recommend pair of angels when we can get them in pairs. Rather than "1 Flame, 1 Lamarck, 1 Bicolor and 1 Flameback" I would recomned 3 flames or 3 Flameback , and a Pair of Lamarck.
Rather than "...Red Sea Regal .... 1 Juv Flagfin and finally 1 Juv Emperor..." I would recommend a pair of Regal.
Behavior wise, breeding units are so much more interesting rather than the variety of fish IMO. One can only agree that these three species of angels are beautiful and flashy.

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
very grateful for the precious contributions! I do nutrient control with NoPox and GFO, my current levels are almost undetectable. I have 1 purple tang, 2 clowns, 1 Chromis, 1 Anthia, 1 Hepatus, in addition to the angels Flame, Lamarck, Bicolor and Flameback. In the quarantines are the Red Sea Regal, 1 Powder blue, 1 Naso Lituratus and 1 Scopas tang. Flagfin's idea is to have a predominantly yellow fish instead of a yellow tang.

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
I tend to recommend pair of angels when we can get them in pairs. Rather than "1 Flame, 1 Lamarck, 1 Bicolor and 1 Flameback" I would recomned 3 flames or 3 Flameback , and a Pair of Lamarck.
Rather than "...Red Sea Regal .... 1 Juv Flagfin and finally 1 Juv Emperor..." I would recommend a pair of Regal.
Behavior wise, breeding units are so much more interesting rather than the variety of fish IMO. One can only agree that these three species of angels are beautiful and flashy.
I believe that to be able to form pairs or harem for those angels that do not have sexual dimorphism it is necessary to add all the animals at once, right? a pair of Red Sea Regals would be wonderful, but is it possible to introduce another one after one has already acclimated?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
I believe that to be able to form pairs or harem for those angels that do not have sexual dimorphism it is necessary to add all the animals at once, right? a pair of Red Sea Regals would be wonderful, but is it possible to introduce another one after one has already acclimated?
All of these angels can form a pair by adding a smaller one (juveniles) to the resident angel. If the new angel is a juvenile rather than adult, they will form a pair. I have done this with Regals. Dwarf and Pygmy angels are easy, just add small ones. Lamarck angel is really easy, they are clearly dimorphic, but adding two juveniles or females and you will have a pair.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
I agree with @Flame2hawk about the eventual size of the emporer. I'd add that the flagfin is a reputed corallivore. So if you add it document your experiences with it and corals together.
I was thinking about small / medium sizes like these at the fish store.

Screenshot_2020-10-12-23-02-49-921_com.whatsapp.jpg Screenshot_2020-10-12-23-07-09-540_com.whatsapp.jpg

GBRsouth

View Badges
Reaction score
I was thinking about small / medium sizes like these at the fish store.

Screenshot_2020-10-12-23-02-49-921_com.whatsapp.jpg Screenshot_2020-10-12-23-07-09-540_com.whatsapp.jpg

The emporer would be alright at that size.....until It's not that size. Have a look at @FarmerTy 's build thread. He had one.

As for the flagfin, I don't see size being an issue so much. Just whether you can accept it eating your corals and have a back up plan for it if you can't.

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
The emporer would be alright at that size.....until It's not that size. Have a look at @FarmerTy 's build thread. He had one.

As for the flagfin, I don't see size being an issue so much. Just whether you can accept it eating your corals and have a back up plan for it if you can't.
My reef is 90% SPS, if it grows healthy in peace with the other inhabitants it is already great. I declined to put a Naso and Scopas that IS already in quarantine to focus on this trio of medium/large angels. Tangs will only be Hepatus, Purple, YT and powder blue.

Shop Online with Zoanthids.com!

Do you have a little reefing side hustle that helps you earn money to put back into your hobby?

• Yes

Votes: 66 19.5%
  • No

Votes: 131 38.6%
  • Not yet but want to

Votes: 137 40.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 1.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors