What do you think of this beauty?
Aberrrant-Emperor-Angelfish-Quality-Marine-vertcrop.jpg

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for advice/experience. I have a pair of regal angels and a pair of blue face currently in my qt systems. Looking to add a pair of scribbled angels also. I’ve read somewhere that blue face and scribbled sometimes mate in the wild so looking for advice on if adding the scribbled with the blue face would be a good or bad idea. Regals will go in first to get established since they are more shy. then add the others at the same time. Tank is 7 ft long , 270 gallons/310 gallons with sump. TIA

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for advice/experience. I have a pair of regal angels and a pair of blue face currently in my qt systems. Looking to add a pair of scribbled angels also. I’ve read somewhere that blue face and scribbled sometimes mate in the wild so looking for advice on if adding the scribbled with the blue face would be a good or bad idea. Regals will go in first to get established since they are more shy. then add the others at the same time. Tank is 7 ft long , 270 gallons/310 gallons with sump. TIA
You have a good idea to add to the Regals pair first, and I like that plan of adding to the dt, Scribbled angel is supposed to be more finicky than the Blue face angels pair in this case, if you get a chance to split the qt tank getting Scribbled and blue face to coexist without touching can help, I would keep everyone in different qt tanks just as a precaution.

Pneumatic_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’d add the Scribbled before the Blueface. I’ve owned 2x pairs and 1x solitary Scribbled over the years. Every single one came in hardy, but ultra shy at first. All ate immediately, but took a week or so to warm up.

Bluefaces can be mild to straight bruisers. Would save them for last.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d add the Scribbled before the Blueface. I’ve owned 2x pairs and 1x solitary Scribbled over the years. Every single one came in hardy, but ultra shy at first. All ate immediately, but took a week or so to warm up.

Bluefaces can be mild to straight bruisers. Would save them for last.
Thanks for your feedback!

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, I love these photo of your regal angel, I hope his name is Walmart!
Lol the Regal is IKEA and the Majestic is Walmart
Stunning and Gorgeous
haha I was just messing with him I just wanted him to say the names of them on this thread lol. Fun names

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta say, I’ve always been “meh” about regals. But I saw a couple when we were at Ras Muhammad last week. They’re really stunning to watch on a reef…..
I always found them boring in FOWLR tanks but in an actual reef it seems they behave differently.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back