NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3624.JPG
IMG_3780.JPG

Got this Potters Angel into my 240g and it has gone from only eating blood worms (frozen) to also eating pellets and mysis.

Now I'm on the lookout for two juvenile large Angels...not sure which two and may just leave it up to fate.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, Mike&Terry!

Folks always go on about the Red Sea and Indian Ocean regals, but your photo really brings out the beauty to be found in the Pacific . . . (That Genicanthus is no slouch, either!)

~Bruce

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, Mike&Terry!

Folks always go on about the Red Sea and Indian Ocean regals, but your photo really brings out the beauty to be found in the Pacific . . . (That Genicanthus is no slouch, either!)

~Bruce
Thank You Bruce! We love her blue-belly... she was a juvenile when we brought her home and has been with us for about 8 years now. The male G. semifasciatus (along with his two ladies) has been with us for about 2.5 years.

ACJl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are bicolour angels hard to keep? What are the actual things that makes them hard to keep?

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are bicolour angels hard to keep? What are the actual things that makes them hard to keep?
I would not consider them difficult to keep. As with other angelfish in the Centropyge genus, they have a tendency to nip at SPS, LPS and clam mantles.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can remember when bicolors did have a reputation for being a bit more difficult than other Centropyge, but I don't think they carry that rep any more. Now they've maybe got a reputation for nipping corals a bit more than other dwarf angels such as the flame or coral beauty.

~Bruce

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once past the first couple weeks in captivity they are quite hardy, but some still can be quite delicate when they first come in and go on unexplained hunger strikes. I attribute this to bicolor angels being one of the most prevalent fish to be captured using cyanide.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back