Don't mind the algae lol
a3ba500350749a96291932a276b76563.jpg

Gorgeous fish! What type?

FishFinatic ;)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think the minimum tank size for an Emperor Angelfish is? Aggression level? Reef safe??

To be honest, I feel so stupid asking all of these questions and I could probably just look them up on Google, but 4 million results for 1 search isn't that helpful.... and they all tell you a different thing too.... so, I'm just wondering and would like your input. :)

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think the minimum tank size for an Emperor Angelfish is? Aggression level? Reef safe??

To be honest, I feel so stupid asking all of these questions and I could probably just look them up on Google, but 4 million results for 1 search isn't that helpful.... and they all tell you a different thing too.... so, I'm just wondering and would like your input. :)

Had one in my in last reef had him since juvenile did not bother my corals gets aggressive as it gets older I would say they don’t like being bothered by other fish. Smallest tank size they say is a 125. Don’t send the fuzz had mine in a 75g.

FishFinatic ;)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much!! I have a 120, haven't even started setting it up yet. Is it aggressive towards invertebrates?? And when it's older, just how aggressive does it get??

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much!! I have a 120, haven't even started setting it up yet. Is it aggressive towards invertebrates?? And when it's older, just how aggressive does it get??
I don't think a 120 gallons will hold an Emperor Angel for a long time, I have one in my 180 gallon and IMO this the minimum for Emperor Angel.
Mine didn't bother invert and most of the corals, except some coral like acans and zoas.

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any info or experience with africanus angel in a fish only system would be great.. Trying to get a 4 inch one...

Matnil78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Regal angel in qt since a week now but I still haven't seen it eat.... The qt is around 200l (around 54 gallon), besides the Regal there is 5 G Loreto and 1 A Occelaris wich all eats.
The Regal looks healthy and is not skinny, but is shy, when the door to the room opens it swims behind a rock bit when left in peace it swims around the tank.
I did a fw-dip when it arrived and is now on day 5 with prazipro(wich i know can supress apitite).
It shows some interest in brine-shrimp(frozen) and ON Reef flakes, not like it tastes or swims after but it's interested...
Have tried frozen brine-shimp, mysis, fresh clams, regular shrimp, Ocean Nutrition formula 1 and 2 pellets, Dr Bassler pellets, Ocean Nutrition Reef flakes...
Any tips on how to get it feeding?
Located in Sweden so the range and brands of avalible foods differ some from America...
I have Easy Reef Masstick incoming:)
d429140c242f6419967135ae647154fc.jpg

Matnil78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On thing I have been thinking about is temperatur, the qt now holds around 26 degreess( 79 fahrenheit), since it's yellow-belly it's from the red sea or Indo-pacific? Should I raise the temp, Red sea is usually pretty warm if I remember correct?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back