0   0   0
66e218ec27f9201c340efc8e4845a721.jpg

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone suggested rods for my coral beauty. I noticed they had different types of food.. what kind do you think would be best to feed.

I don't think you'd go too far wrong with Rod's basic blended food, or for that matter, LRS Reef Frenzy. Both of those foods use a broad spectrum of great fresh ingredients. (I feed both, along with ... about a dozen other varieties of frozen foods!) If you wanted to add a bit more algae to his diet, you could clip some nori in the tank, which would also give him something to do all day while you're away from home.

~Bruce

ironeagle2006

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got back in SWF about a 2 months ago. I got my angels out of QT from my friends house 2 weeks ago. A juvenile Imp and a Coral Beauty. Right now only have a 150 for a tank however in 3 years getting myself a 240-280 gallon drop off tank. I can not wait to expand my collection of angels at that time.

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally added the large angel to the main tank, as you can see in the video the tank already had a young adult, so far they are getting along great though I did see a new behavior I have never seen in any angel before in the smaller Queen (may be a Townsend). When the new larger Queen was added the smaller once clamped all fins and opened its mouth in what I think was some kind of submission gesture, looked weird for sure.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's a cutie!

I'd been thinking about keeping a regal and a majestic in my 220 - but the positive (almost unfairly so!) experience I've been having with the regal I bought a month ago has me considering a pair of these barred beauties, and leave the majestic out of it. More in the way of natural social behaviors, less of a finny hodgepodge.

~Bruce

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love angels!! Unfortunately, I also like my LPS... :confused: So I have to live vicariously through you guys! ;Smuggrin Keep the pics coming, pleeez!

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my exp, large angels don't like LPS such as frogspawn, torch, and hammer. They also don't like soft corals like colt or leather. They DO like plate, acan, and scoly.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back