The Angel Lovers Thread

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For such a peaceful angel, these guys have some serious spines on their gills. I have seen them try to slowly stab my poor filefish many times.

And in this video they try to use them on other fish with even more serious spines.

ghstrider

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Regal and my Male Flame angels jousting. The Regal was smaller but slowly catching up to the Flame, which maxed out in growth, I think.
RegalFlame2019100901.jpg
sick picture!! any aggression?

mandarin417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pair of angels or a single angel? I looking at getting either a juvenile pair or a single juvenile blueline angel. Do you find that pairs do better since they have "a buddy" to hang out with or does it really matter?

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pair of angels or a single angel? I looking at getting either a juvenile pair or a single juvenile blueline angel. Do you find that pairs do better since they have "a buddy" to hang out with or does it really matter?
Never seen it matter... Blue lines are hardy IME and make good fish in an aquarium. Nowadays, you can ever buy them tank raised, which I support.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not 100% sure on Blueline, but some large angels live in pairs in the wild. Majestic, Imperator, French, Regal angels come to mind.
If your tank is large enough, having pairs of angels would be the way to go, IMO. I don't think not having pair will shorten their life, or cause them to be unhealthy, but keeping them in pairs would be closer to replication nature IMO.
I am keeping a pair of Regal angels , still juvenile right now, and a harem of mature Flame angels (4) in my 320 gal DT

Dee11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I have put a post up asking for help but not a had a reply. Can I ask here about my flame angel please?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Previous pictures of my two Regal angels
YellowChestRegal3.jpg

YellowChestRegal4.jpg

and my Flame angel pair dripping prior to going into DT. Male in front and cover the female in the back. I have since added more female Flame angels. The shape of the Dorsal and Anal fins, and the degree of black coloration can clearly seen, which differentiated male from female in this picture.
FlameAngels2018081301.jpg

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Previous pictures of my two Regal angels
YellowChestRegal3.jpg

YellowChestRegal4.jpg

and my Flame angel pair dripping prior to going into DT. Male in front and cover the female in the back. I have since added more female Flame angels. The shape of the Dorsal and Anal fins, and the degree of black coloration can clearly seen, which differentiated male from female in this picture.
FlameAngels2018081301.jpg
How many flame angels do you have in your tank? Do you have other dwarfs on your tank? What size is your tank?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back