The Angel Lovers Thread

mayday0237

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maggie the majestic .. my nitrate is a bit high so she is fat, & eating but needs a bit less nitrate. The pellet reactor went in this week to control nitrates. Seneye (unsure of spelling) is supposed to be here today (my Xmas present from DH).

15780742017244922646554426683215.jpg 15780742864043672705927568521712.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@OrionN...is there ANY chance I can add a regal angel at some point...I bought the majestic first, she is a fat happy adult girl or boy. Pretty shy still ...I want the regal but what I have read says I needed to put that in first..
180g
Apx 7' long tank
Lots of caves live rock
Regal is a lot more shy then Majestic IME. It is likey that you can keep these two together, but I have never tried this combination. If you do, use acclimation box and keep the Regal in the DT comfortable before add the Majestic (maybe bring th Majestic to the sump first)

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous...more photos? Pweese

dont have to ask me twice:
F42A804F-85FD-4028-A1A5-BAE8C2A99FC2.jpeg
FF020B95-4EF0-490A-9E2F-28F555FD39CD.jpeg

I get back from holiday travel today. Planning on breaking out the DSLR over the weekend hopefully get some better shots. Been just over 6 months with the surviving female. Think she has transitioned to male, hopefully going to get another female to pair it with in the coming months.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Blueface pair continue to to do well. The sub Adult that is getting closer to adult is coming out more.
BF Angels 1-1-2020.jpg

And my Imperators that will join them in a couple months along with 100 lbs of liverock to fill the 310 and create multiple homes for the new and existing fish. The only pair I am not sure of will be the Chyrsurus Pair
emps.jpg

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What corals are safe with large angels, I have a Queen, French & Emperor. They don't touch any of my SPS or Torch. They wiped out a football sized zoa cover rock and gobbled down two clams.

Has anyone had any luck with pectinia's, scollys or wellso's?

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What corals are safe with large angels, I have a Queen, French & Emperor. They don't touch any of my SPS or Torch. They wiped out a football sized zoa cover rock and gobbled down two clams.

Has anyone had any luck with pectinia's, scollys or wellso's?
Brains or meaty corals are off limits for most angels except I have luck with small regals not bugging mine. I never found a queen that didn't eat Frogspawn, and why I do not have one.

mayday0237

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regal is a lot more shy then Majestic IME. It is likey that you can keep these two together, but I have never tried this combination. If you do, use acclimation box and keep the Regal in the DT comfortable before add the Majestic (maybe bring th Majestic to the sump first)
Decided to go for a blue face angel that has been on display at the lfs for a year. It's just about 1/3 bigger than the majestic...it's acclimating as I type...fingers crossed.

mayday0237

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He / she is eating. And was eating in the tank at the lfs. Not full size but has the eye on the caudal fin... too skittish for photos right now... I have to sit across the room and not move for about an hour to get a glimpse of it...

mayday0237

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think of a Pygmy angel in a 30 gallon mixed reef?
I'm not an expert. The pygmy is very shy. If your tank has a ton of rockwork for it to hide and graze it might work. The key with the little guys is constant food. He will need to have algae sheets at all times if you don't have very mature live rock. I would also use masstick. Mix phyto in it instead of just rodi water.
That particular one needs a bit bigger tank, they recommend 55g, I would give it a shot, but I'm not the most responsible keeper either.
To avoid high nitrates and ammonia in that size tank with a fish that needs to eat all the time is going to be difficult. The nice thing about the masstick is he can nibble all day.
Make sure u see it eat in the lfs before u take it home.
Good luck.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 120 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 61 29.8%
Back