The Angel Lovers Thread

RSnodgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be curious to see how they behave towards coral. I've never had one that didn't nip but when I had a pair they did less damage then the same two as individuals. I believe it was because they "preoccupied" each other.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank and how many do you think you'll be able to get away with.

I have a 150 gal and I want several but who knows how they will get along
I've got a waterbox 170g and at this stage I'm planning about 5 to 7 haha
- Flameback
- Flame
- Colini
- Venastus
- Potters
- Either a multicolour or second potters to pair.

If you want to follow my journal, I document pretty much everything so you can follow along :) I might be adding a colini and flame in the next week or two depending on if my lfs gets them in for me! :D

I'd be curious to see how they behave towards coral. I've never had one that didn't nip but when I had a pair they did less damage then the same two as individuals. I believe it was because they "preoccupied" each other.
I also keep butterflies so nipping at corals is just a part of life for me haha I mostly keep sps, zoas, and shrooms in the tank and feed heavily a variety of food which for the most part leaves my corals completely untouched :) no lps allowed in the tank though haha

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's my blueface Pomacanthus xanthometopon
IMG_20200516_115258.jpg
IMG_20200516_115745.jpg
IMG_20200616_181933.jpg
Beautiful photos!!

RSnodgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That first pic is incredible. Amazing angel. Hows it been with the zoas so far?
It's only nipped at zoa I've intentionally damaged with majano wand. Actually any damaged coral or stressed it'll go after sort of like a vultures on a carcass. It does eat off my space invader pectina daily. Pectina doesn't even react anymore.

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's a little blurry but can you name & count the angels in this pic of my 220 FOWLR??

IMG_1890.JPG
How are you conspic and scribble getting along? They are both Chartodontoplus and I wanted to now if its possible to keep them together. If I do it I would be introducing the conspic 4/5 inches to a 625g where the 6 inch scribble has been for 7 months.....Thx

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I would like to listen opinions and regarding about the compatibility of several angels in 200G SPS tank. I already have 1 Flame, 1 Lamarck, 1 Bicolor and 1 Flameback. my Red Sea Regal is finalizing the quarantine and going to the Display this week. In addition to Regal, I would like to place 1 Juv Flagfin and finally 1 Juv Emperor. what do you think? Can they live together peacefully? My Flame is slightly aggressive, but nothing too much... Thx!

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I would like to listen opinions and regarding about the compatibility of several angels in 200G SPS tank. I already have 1 Flame, 1 Lamarck, 1 Bicolor and 1 Flameback. my Red Sea Regal is finalizing the quarantine and going to the Display this week. In addition to Regal, I would like to place 1 Juv Flagfin and finally 1 Juv Emperor. what do you think? Can they live together peacefully? My Flame is slightly aggressive, but nothing too much... Thx!
Bump

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides the potential of controlling nitrates in a reef as these fish get large as adults especially the emperor, they s/b compatible. The emperor is the wild card. Some of them can be very nasty while others pretty tolerable of other angels. IM humble opinion, I’d leave the emperor out.

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree with @Flame2hawk about the eventual size of the emporer. I'd add that the flagfin is a reputed corallivore. So if you add it document your experiences with it and corals together.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to recommend pair of angels when we can get them in pairs. Rather than "1 Flame, 1 Lamarck, 1 Bicolor and 1 Flameback" I would recomned 3 flames or 3 Flameback , and a Pair of Lamarck.
Rather than "...Red Sea Regal .... 1 Juv Flagfin and finally 1 Juv Emperor..." I would recommend a pair of Regal.
Behavior wise, breeding units are so much more interesting rather than the variety of fish IMO. One can only agree that these three species of angels are beautiful and flashy.

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very grateful for the precious contributions! I do nutrient control with NoPox and GFO, my current levels are almost undetectable. I have 1 purple tang, 2 clowns, 1 Chromis, 1 Anthia, 1 Hepatus, in addition to the angels Flame, Lamarck, Bicolor and Flameback. In the quarantines are the Red Sea Regal, 1 Powder blue, 1 Naso Lituratus and 1 Scopas tang. Flagfin's idea is to have a predominantly yellow fish instead of a yellow tang.

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to recommend pair of angels when we can get them in pairs. Rather than "1 Flame, 1 Lamarck, 1 Bicolor and 1 Flameback" I would recomned 3 flames or 3 Flameback , and a Pair of Lamarck.
Rather than "...Red Sea Regal .... 1 Juv Flagfin and finally 1 Juv Emperor..." I would recommend a pair of Regal.
Behavior wise, breeding units are so much more interesting rather than the variety of fish IMO. One can only agree that these three species of angels are beautiful and flashy.
I believe that to be able to form pairs or harem for those angels that do not have sexual dimorphism it is necessary to add all the animals at once, right? a pair of Red Sea Regals would be wonderful, but is it possible to introduce another one after one has already acclimated?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back