The Angel Lovers Thread

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it okay if I upload a bunch of beautiful Angelfish pictures, some are mine others I have taken at LFS. Or are you only supposed to upload your own fish?

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it okay if I upload a bunch of beautiful Angelfish pictures, some are mine others I have taken at LFS. Or are you only supposed to upload your own fish?
I would think as long as ur not advertising for them it would be ok

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gang
12D4A98C-EFDB-42C9-9B62-FF0466947064.jpeg

25F7C0E4-4621-4078-9597-C9C8AF904158.jpeg

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a juvenile emperor that has now transitioned into adult colors. Grown pretty fast too. Also have 3 dwarf angels... Flame, Bicolor, and Coral Beauty. I just bought 2 more beautiful Angels over the weekend. Currently in qurantine. A BlueFace Angel already in adult colors and a Scribbled Angel (female, hopefully it changes into male someday).

Elmer.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a juvenile emperor that has now transitioned into adult colors. Grown pretty fast too. Also have 3 dwarf angels... Flame, Bicolor, and Coral Beauty. I just bought 2 more beautiful Angels over the weekend. Currently in qurantine. A BlueFace Angel already in adult colors and a Scribbled Angel (female, hopefully it changes into male someday).
Awesome combination! We need photos :)

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In China I can readily get captive Bred Majestic and Goldflake Angels. For dwarfs, Colin’s (are they actually Centropyge?) and hybrid Lemonpeel x Half Blacks seem to be the most common ones. We get these from Bali Aquarich. Clarions are also captive Bred with some regularity.

The less common ones that I really want are the CB Blue Lines and CB Multibars.

It’s honestly a big baffling to me why Bali Aquarich hasn’t Bred Coral Beauties and Flames now that they’ve Bred a variety of less common / harder to keep dwarf angels. I know Biota and ORA do Coral Beauties and I’m sure some places do Flames but none of them ship to Asia.

Scribbled Angels from Bali were common last year but I haven’t seen them in a while and they get a bit too large for me. Maybe Su is trying to raise eggs from a new batch?

I’ve seen CB Bicolors recently but not sure from Bali Aquarich or not. If not it’s likely they’re being bred somewhere in Taiwan, in aquaculture facilities the average Western hobbyist (and me for that matter, as a “half” Western hobbyist) doesn’t know about.

Joculators have also been Bred in captivity by Su, as well as his recent Aurantia breakthrough but I have not once seen any of his specimens for sale.

Here’s to hoping CB Regals (and please let them be the Gold Belly / Indian Ocean variety) will be widely available in the not too distant future.

Su made a breakthrough in the Harlequin Tusk last year and I’ve seen specimens on a few occasions. Think it’s the Aussie variety from pics.

If Poma Labs ever shipped to my part of the world I’d grab their CB Singapore and Blue Line Angels in a heartbeat.

I think angels should be targeted as one of the big future trends in aquaculture. There’s so much potential but Lord forbid I don’t want to see bastardized variants of what nature created (I’m looking at you, Clownfish breeders).

Naked Regal Angel, anyone? How about a Long Fin Conspic? Sign me up!

Last edited:

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all angel lovers, can someone help me ID this captive bred Chaetodontoplus angel? It’s from a Taiwanese seller and I presume from Bali Aquarich. The description says Maze x Caruleopunctatus (?) but since this genus loves to mingle between species I’m not sure.
Furthermore do any of you own a “Phantom” Angel from Poma Labs? Is it a naturally occurring hybrid?

Attachments

• 13A3A42F-7DB6-42AD-9905-B1F242038A79.png
    13A3A42F-7DB6-42AD-9905-B1F242038A79.png
    634.5 KB · Views: 73

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back