The Angel Lovers Thread

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a male M. melanospilos and honestly, I can’t tell if I like him or not. Although he is a pretty fish, his pattern died with no female and I don’t have the room for a female since the tank is filled with wrasse (It gets its last few fish in around December this year and maybe March next year)
I’ll get pictures of my male tomorrow since at the moment my lights are off for the night
I realised I said I would get an image but didn’t know it’d be a challenge like the wrasse I have-
Here’s a before
572D320E-068C-4754-9D5B-8A69508C4AEE.jpeg

here’s a now image, I know there’s a hole in the scales - scarring from an ulcer that is as healed as it gets
image.jpg

reef80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two favorites…

Attachments

• 41D78CA8-55ED-4EC3-89A2-90F43CFFF9CD.jpeg
    41D78CA8-55ED-4EC3-89A2-90F43CFFF9CD.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 71A1CEDC-1D84-49A9-8A21-495DEAB2CC8A.jpeg
    71A1CEDC-1D84-49A9-8A21-495DEAB2CC8A.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 53

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, but I know many have had success with indo regals. Is this your experience with regals or have I mistaken? I wanted to get a regal and majority are from indo.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, but I know many have had success with indo regals. Is this your experience with regals or have I mistaken? I wanted to get a regal and majority are from indo.
Last time I tried an indo regal I struggled and it unfortunately passed (As with most my experiences with Indo Regals) but the Red Sea I tried after went smoothly - until he ended up taking a liking for my Scolly that didn’t survive even after removing the angel

Last edited:

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I tried an indo regal I struggled and it unfortunately passed (As with most my experiences with Indo Regals) but the Red Sea I tried after went smoothly - until he ended up taking a liking for my Scilla that didn’t survive even after removing the angel
Ok, I might have to rethink this regal idea. The Red Sea regals look so much better. Only problem is that I want a pair.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I might have to rethink this regal idea. The Red Sea regals look so much better. Only problem is that I want a pair.
You should be alright I just recommend staying away from certain corals.
I recommend staying away from corals that any Angel will eat (Fleshy corals mainly)

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be alright I just recommend staying away from certain corals.
I recommend staying away from corals that any Angel will eat (Fleshy corals mainly)
I only keep sticks and euphylia. I don’t keep the meaty lps. I might have to rethink keeping angels if they start eating the sticks

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only keep sticks and euphylia. I don’t keep the meaty lps. I might have to rethink keeping angels if they start eating the sticks
I think they’ll be alright around sticks. It’s mainly fleshly LPS angels eat (I’m pretty sure it’s because tunicates look like fleshy LPS)

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so torn right now. I can't decide between two angels

a LFS has a blueface angel fish for sale. The fish is around 4". The kicker is they said they had this fish when it was around 2" and its been in their system for around 5 months. Its fat, healthy and been in copper this entire time. The guy told me he would sell me the fish for $175

The second is the asfur from nyc aquatics. My favorite angelfish. I assume its eating. I love asfur because they aren't boisterous or aggressive and tend to be more "reef safe" than other large angels. Also, because they aren't so aggressive, I can later add a regals (my second favorite angel) without fear like the blueface. Only issue is after shipping, the fish is around $250. Negative is shipping and the headaches that go along with it.

What do you all think?

Back