!!!the BEAUTIFULLY BLAND SOFT RAINBOW!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Alright, I got another acro I am not entirely sure what to think about. I have always been kind of drawn to this one. I know there's a few of you that have it for sure because i have fraged it at least five or six times now. More in the beginning before it really blossomed. It's coloration is so curiously inconsistent that it's had my attention since the beginning. She's been in my system a couple years now and looking exceptionally interesting these days. It was time I got this thing in front of the camera!

Washing from gold to pink to blue and green a little orange even some purple then back again. It's just another weirdo milli. There's some green in the very tips that contrasts the blue underneath which I'm a huge sucker for. Ultimately she's not the most vibrantly colored acro but there's something undeniably cool about this one.

Would love to hear from anyone who's got this one and what you think about it. How's it doing and what's it look like for you. I think this is one of those acros that is just all over the place. Pics would be very welcome.

This colony has been under t5's since day one but I have anther little colony under radiums doing different stuff entirely! The wash is like golden. Anyway just another perfectly unique member of the Battle stash long overdue for a showcase;)

IMG_1999_zpsduqkd8ox.jpg

IMG_1992_zpsflxjvicg.jpg

IMG_1998_zpsrqtektdn.jpg

IMG_2011_zpscrrv4dn6.jpg

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the blue growth tip mixed with the light green is awesome!

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't have to hurt my eyes with color to be an awesome coral! I love the variation in there. That first picture looks like 2 different corals, one is just right behind the other.

Very nice! Watching them grow into different sizes, shapes, colors, patterns, skeletons.. ..errr well all except for that last one, is one of my favorite parts of this hobby.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It doesn't have to hurt my eyes with color to be an awesome coral! I love the variation in there. That first picture looks like 2 different corals, one is just right behind the other.

Very nice! Watching them grow into different sizes, shapes, colors, patterns, skeletons.. ..errr well all except for that last one, is one of my favorite parts of this hobby.

With you totally. I love stuff that's just a little different weather it eye poping or not. The metal polyp Monti is the perfect example. ultimately a brown Monti. But a rare unidentified speciec with a very unique structure. King of the tank? Well no but a welcome addition to any diverse collection:)

Rallye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bland is definitely not a good word choice to describe this one! I got a piece a few months back in a pack from Adam, and this milli is awesome! It just started to blossom and it is showing green, gold, orange, purple, and blue right now! If you want a dark horse, this is one for you!

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With you totally. I love stuff that's just a little different weather it eye poping or not. The metal polyp Monti is the perfect example. ultimately a brown Monti. But a rare unidentified speciec with a very unique structure. King of the tank? Well no but a welcome addition to any diverse collection:)

wow, you had me at Metal Polyp Monti, (plus it sounds like a cool all girls death metal band!) that is one cool looking piece. I may have to see it in person someday... Along with the guy up top here! (means, I should start saving my coral coins)

On another side note of irregular growth. I was thinking about this post last night and looking at my SPS "penthouse" (frag rack holding my sps until new tank) and I realized that I do like my acros and the colors are awesome, I'm not going to lie. But I find myself looking more at the setosa, my digitata collection (ff red, blue & pink), and I just got a porities frag from a friend. I'm pretty excited about the poritie frag, it's different, it grows all goofy in my friends tank. I can't wait to see what it does in my little world!

Keep it salty

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
wow, you had me at Metal Polyp Monti, (plus it sounds like a cool all girls death metal band!) that is one cool looking piece. I may have to see it in person someday... Along with the guy up top here! (means, I should start saving my coral coins)

On another side note of irregular growth. I was thinking about this post last night and looking at my SPS "penthouse" (frag rack holding my sps until new tank) and I realized that I do like my acros and the colors are awesome, I'm not going to lie. But I find myself looking more at the setosa, my digitata collection (ff red, blue & pink), and I just got a porities frag from a friend. I'm pretty excited about the poritie frag, it's different, it grows all goofy in my friends tank. I can't wait to see what it does in my little world!

Keep it salty

lol the metal is definitely love/hate. You seem like the kind of sps keeper that can truly appreciate its oddness:) I think you need one. There a few people with it up by you i think. I know i have passed some along you may be able to find it but if not ill gladly give yo a frag:)

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol the metal is definitely love/hate. You seem like the kind of sps keeper that can truly appreciate its oddness:) I think you need one. There a few people with it up by you i think. I know i have passed some along you may be able to find it but if not ill gladly give yo a frag:)

Oh, I think that metal is wicked. I want to see it in person now!
I will have to ask around! Although, I'd love to make it rain all over your website! :crossedlips: You always have some great corals, I just saw a friend on another forum get a pack from you and yeah, I'm jelly. :wink:

Last edited:

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You are dangerous to my wallet, sir. :wink:

I found a frag and I'm picking it up tonight!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back